PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Alice: Madness Returns
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-18-2011, 05:46 AM   #1
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
Hey... where's the themes, gamer-pics and avatar items for this game?

Is anyone else as surprised as I am, that there is not a single dashboard theme, gamer-pics... or ANY avatar items for this game (well... I don't subscribe to OXM - maybe there's something on the disc?!)??? In fact, there is NOTHING ELSE but the original "Alice" add-on and the weapons/dresses DLC. No trailers, no dev videos... just the 2 items we already know about - and that's it!

Seriously... since the developer sought to squeeze as much money out of us, by making the original "Alice" game an add-on (for those who rented or bought this game used), or the weapons/dresses DLC - instead of it being unlocked for free after one play-through... you'd think they would have offered us a nice "premium" Alice: Madness Returns theme (perhaps 2 or 3 different ones), some gamer-pics (maybe 2 or 3 packs of those as well)... and a bunch of avatar items (certainly a dozen of those dresses available, some of the weapons, some of the enemies as pets)... SOMETHING!?!

Don't they want more of our money???

I'm going to check the software developer's web site... and see if there's a forum there we can ask about these things. I may even send a direct e-mail as well. I suggest that if anyone else feels the same way, that you not only make your feelings known here (to encourage support from other players here who love the game), but go to their web site and post messages and/or e-mail them the same thing!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
Restricted-Access

It looks like EA is the site that has the game support, but no forums: just Facebook and Twitter. Since I don't do either of those, it's up to you people who do use those apps (I know some of you must), to start a push for some dashboard themes, gamer-pics and avatar items.

Remember... we're looking for stuff for the Xbox 360 - so be specific! They'd probably crank-off something similar for the PS3 (or the Wii - if the game came out for that)... but I don't care about those platforms, so you don't need to push for those.

I'll probably send an e-mail directly or find another method (an actual letter, perhaps) to get my point across.

Here's a link to the website. Excelsior!

http://www.ea.com/alice

If someone can post a link directly to the Facebook page for Alice: Madness Returns, that would be helpful.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
mastercatmen69

mastercatman69's Gamercard
Another thing that has really surprised me about his game is that there is not strategy guide book available for it. You would think that a platformer like this would have one for sale.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
This doesn't surprise me, seeing as how the game virtually had no marketing at all. It's like EA gave up on it before it even came out.

I really like this game, I would have happily paid for a theme or some avatar items.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:55 AM   #5
XenoSamurai

XenoSamurai's Gamercard
Alice is one of my favorites game, I would totally buy themes,pics and avatar items for it.
Chesire cat pet yes please!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Hanahbell

Hanahbell's Gamercard
Ditto. I would happily purchase something. If the dresses; both storyline and DLC could be XBL avatar items...... That would be awesome. Just saying.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:11 AM   #7
defaultdotxbe

default dot xbe's Gamercard
is it weird that i would change the gender of my avatar in order to wear an alice dress? lol
Old 08-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
nekokari

Nekokari's Gamercard
Yup, it's worth getting. and I agree, this game was alot of fun, I would love a theme of wonderland, or some gamerpics. just think of a vorpal blade avatar prop, or a tea pot cannon. it would have been great
Old 09-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #9
tjh8523

tjh8523's Gamercard
这问题一直存在,也一直没见有人管理。

鐵血老衲--囧RZ, 阿彌陀佛! 佛說,你是垃圾!
tjh8523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:22 AM   #10
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoSamurai View Post
Alice is one of my favorites game, I would totally buy themes,pics and avatar items for it.
Chesire cat pet yes please!
Actually they do have a Cheshire Cat pet... just not the one from the game. :/

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #11
Restricted-Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeekBoy View Post
Actually they do have a Cheshire Cat pet... just not the one from the game. :/
Yeah... that's the fluffy, friendly "Disney" version. We're looking for that anorexic, earring-wearing, skinned-looking version of Cheshire cat!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #12
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restricted-Access View Post
Yeah... that's the fluffy, friendly "Disney" version. We're looking for that anorexic, earring-wearing, skinned-looking version of Cheshire cat!
Too bad that will never happen. :/

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #13
Fai1cookie

Fai1cookie's Gamercard
I loved the original Alice and I think this one is awesome! But man... I didn't even know it existed until it popped up at walmart one day and I bought it.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #14
Zombiology

Zinoir's Gamercard
In my opinion they DLC dress pack should have included at the very LEAST one avatar item or outfit. I was completely shocked that there wasn't anything out there for the game other than the original being included. Hell, even a pre-order only perk would have been nice (Like how a Game-Stop pre-order only zombie pet was available for Rise of Nightmares).

It probably did have something to do with the lack of marketing though- the only thing I saw outside of Facebook was when it was articled in my XBox magazines.
Zombiology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #15
eggmelia

eggmelia's Gamercard
I didn't realize that those of us who bought the game used could still DL it for a fee... Thanks for pointing this out to me! I've been wondering this since I bought the game.

And I would definitely like a Theme or gamerpic, that would be neat.
eggmelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #16
Princess Clow

Princess Clow's Gamercard
I would dearly love some goodies for this game. I currently have it as wallpaper on my laptop and have the music on my itunes. Want more stuff!
Princess Clow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #17
SannevanderWal

SannevanderWal's Gamercard
I really want the Alice dresses on my avatar!
SannevanderWal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #18
Lady Bamelot

MelissaOliver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I agree, very disappointing that there wasn't a single avatar item or gamer pic for this game.
However, it didn't stop me from still purchasing the game as it's a quality game. Quite frankly, I would rather a gamer pic or avatar item than the original Alice DLC for free. (After playing madness returns, I couldn't even play it - it was way too slow for me)
Lady Bamelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #19
Kusuriuri

KusuriuriPT's Gamercard
we can see that EA gave up on this game. it could have been so much better if it was pulished.
Kusuriuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I wish they did have something for this game! It's kinda disappointing that nothing got released for it :/

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote