PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Dance Central 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
KAMIKAZE T0KY0

SQUIRTING T0AST's Gamercard
Songs are tricky

I was ok on the first one but this is crazy the second crew flash2wrd are hard hot stuff holy crap my arms were going to drop off haha
no xbox live 1v1 tho :/

The awkward moment when Guile was not on the select screen of MVC3
KAMIKAZE T0KY0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:56 AM   #2
leeloo

Pinkunoichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yep definitely notice it's a little tougher. The moves are more fluid & tighter. Feels like dancing instead of mimicking movements - which DC1 felt like on certain songs and lower difficulties. Great new moves too. Even on easy you can build up a sweat!
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
madd4

madd4's Gamercard
yeah its a bit harder then the first game but i like it almost done with the second crew now
madd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
KAMIKAZE T0KY0

i did it in one playthough 1hr.37 mins 267 calories burned haha it was on easy tho man im dreading medium let alone hard lol
much better playlist than the first one

Old 10-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
ButterflyEdge

ButterflyEdge's Gamercard
it feels so much more energetic than the first! I love that though, hopefully getting me into shape as I pop some tasty achievements, ha! 2100 calories down in 3 days!
ButterflyEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Damn you Europeans for getting this game early!

Can't wait to get it tomorrow. If no one else does, I plan on doing an achievement guide like I did for the first game. Really looking forward to trying out the new moves!
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
consmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMIKAZE T0KY0 View Post
I was ok on the first one but this is crazy the second crew flash2wrd are hard hot stuff holy crap my arms were going to drop off haha
I know what you mean...just did Hot Stuff Donna Summer and shoulders and tops of my arms were killing me!! Might help me get in shape a bit though!
consmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
N7 Shadow

N7 Shadow x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
Damn you Europeans for getting this game early!
LOL

I've played the demo and it was pretty fun, challenging but fun nonetheless. Can't wait for tomorrow =)

"And in the end, as the darkness takes me....I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend...."
N7 Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #9
EnfantDuSiecle

EnfantDuSiecle's Gamercard
It certainly feels more fluid and i really really like it, i still haven't got to the hard part though but i'm looking forward to it.
EnfantDuSiecle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by consmum View Post
I know what you mean...just did Hot Stuff Donna Summer and shoulders and tops of my arms were killing me!! Might help me get in shape a bit though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnfantDuSiecle View Post
It certainly feels more fluid and i really really like it, i still haven't got to the hard part though but i'm looking forward to it.
Is it really that much more difficult and tiring than the first one? Or is it cause you guys haven't played the first one in almost a year and just aren't used to it? No offense, just wondering what to expect tomorrow.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #11
EnfantDuSiecle

Quote:
Is it really that much more difficult and tiring than the first one? Or is it cause you guys haven't played the first one in almost a year and just aren't used to it? No offense, just wondering what to expect tomorrow.
I said I just haven't got there yet. I just play a few songs this morning. I actually found it a bit easier because there are some of the same steps and if you remember them then it helps a lot. and i said it is more fluid so it kinda feels more natural. But remember I just haven't got to the hard songs ok

Last edited by EnfantDuSiecle; 10-24-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
I said I just haven't got there yet. I just play a few songs this morning. I actually found it a bit easier because there are some of the same steps and if you remember them then it helps a lot. and i said it is more fluid so it kinda feels more natural. But remember I just haven't got to the hard songs ok
I said I didn't mean any offense. Maybe I should've only quoted the first guy, but I'd seen people say that in other threads so I was just curious what to expect.

I'll be picking it up on my way home from work today and will finally get to play it tonight.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #13
EnfantDuSiecle

Quote:
I said I didn't mean any offense. Maybe I should've only quoted the first guy, but I'd seen people say that in other threads so I was just curious what to expect.

I'll be picking it up on my way home from work today and will finally get to play it tonight.
Oh no, I wasn't offended just wanted to make it clear So, have fun with the game and give us your impressions. I'm really liking the game so far it is so much fun and i believe it is actually a bit easier to get flawless in the moves, maybe that's becasue they improved how kinect perceives your body and it's movements
Old 10-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #14
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Oh no, I wasn't offended just wanted to make it clear So, have fun with the game and give us your impressions. I'm really liking the game so far it is so much fun and i believe it is actually a bit easier to get flawless in the moves, maybe that's becasue they improved how kinect perceives your body and it's movements
Great can't wait to check it out. I didn't notice any real problems with the Kinect registering my body movements. Not in Dance Central anyway. I had lots of problems with Kinect Sports, so much so that I wanted to break my game and Kinect, but I don't remember struggling with body recognition with Dance Central. Better recognition can't hurt though. One more hour and I'll be playing.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #15
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Wow these songs definitely have a great feel to them.

This is soo much easier having 1000'ed Dance Central. Half an hour of playing and I already have 14 achievements for 240g. Liking the song selection a lot so far.

Both times I've bought these games, I've read the songs and been like "What the hell are these songs?" But then I pop it in and play the song and always go "Oh THAT song. Awesome!" Maybe it's cause I never listen to the radio so I never heard of most of these artists.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:15 AM   #16
Zaruma

Zaruma's Gamercard
Smile

just played for about 5 hours straight with my friend. I'm so freaking tired. So far my favorite songs are "Sexy Chick, I Wish For You, DJ Got Us Fallin In Love, Run, and Technologic"

Currently Most Played Game:
Dance Central 2
Zaruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #17
EnfantDuSiecle

Quote:
I've read the songs and been like "What the hell are these songs?" But then I pop it in and play the song and always go "Oh THAT song. Awesome!" Maybe it's cause I never listen to the radio so I never heard of most of these artists.
I know what you mean I agree, I think there's a good balance of genres. There's pretty muc something for everybody
Old 10-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #18
madd4

madd4's Gamercard
just got 5 stars on all the songs in the game on easy, now on to medium for the crew challanges.

me gonna have alot of fun with this game, 2 bad the 2 player achiements are a bit hard to get for me as most of my friends dont like the game.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #19
EnfantDuSiecle

Quote:
Originally Posted by madd4 View Post
just got 5 stars on all the songs in the game on easy, now on to medium for the crew challanges.

me gonna have alot of fun with this game, 2 bad the 2 player achiements are a bit hard to get for me as most of my friends dont like the game.
Did you get the Dance Hall Legend achievement by doing it on easy? I'm getting there too. It's just that i downloaded the Dc1 songs to my Dc 2 and I'm dancing them all over again along with the new ones .

I know what you mean, all those achievements that require 2 players are going to be hard for me because no person I know even likes video games
Old 10-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #20
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:

Quote:
Did you get the Dance Hall Legend achievement by doing it on easy? I'm getting there too. It's just that i downloaded the Dc1 songs to my Dc 2 and I'm dancing them all over again along with the new ones .

I know what you mean, all those achievements that require 2 players are going to be hard for me because no person I know even likes video games
Ha none of my friends likes these games either, so I'm probably going to have to invite my mom over to help me get them. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time. I beat Volleyball on Champion difficulty in Kinect Sports with her help haha
Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #21
madd4

madd4's Gamercard
Quote:

yeah i got the dancehall achieve on easy,
too bad there;s no online MP would be nice too start a dance crew or something.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #22
EnfantDuSiecle

Quote:
yeah i got the dancehall achieve on easy,
too bad there;s no online MP would be nice too start a dance crew or something.
hahaha Yeah that would be awesome. I asked you about the achievement because this morning i got a message form a guy i don't even know and is not within my friends list and he said something about the impossibility of getting that achivement and something about Japan and Microsoft actually corroborating that info. i don't really remember the message but it was something weird
Old 10-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #23
EnfantDuSiecle

Quote:
Ha none of my friends likes these games either, so I'm probably going to have to invite my mom over to help me get them. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time. I beat Volleyball on Champion difficulty in Kinect Sports with her help haha
hahaha I'm thinking about asking my sister for help!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #24
Golemo9496

Golemo9496's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMIKAZE T0KY0 View Post
I got five stars my first try on all of their dances, I had trouble with one song in particular with Riptide though...
Golemo9496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #25
Fire Hawk D

Fire Hawk GYJS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   1,000 Posts
Yeah, this game is crazy fun. But, after playing two hour sessions for two days in a row, I think my arms may fall off. X_x
Fire Hawk D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:25 AM   #26
KAMIKAZE T0KY0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golemo9496 View Post
I got five stars my first try on all of their dances, I had trouble with one song in particular with Riptide though...
Five stars nice i just hope to god they make a 3rd with xbox live i would play it so much more if there was.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #27
Mithris

Mithris's Gamercard
Anyone have any tips for get ur freak on? I don't have problems on any other songs, but on this one I'm consistently getting 90% nice and only 10% flawless. Has anyone else noticed a problem with flawless ratings on this song or is it just me not matching perfectly :P?
Mithris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #28
Dps120390

dps120390's Gamercard
Yea i totally understand where ur coming from, the rating system in DC2 seems to be more stricter than DC, for the longest time i couldn't do "I like it" i must have played it at-least 50 times before i got it, if it seems too fast the best thing to do is go a difficulty lower till you learn the moves, then go for it, if ur still having trouble try the break it down mode hope that helped
Dps120390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #29
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dps120390 View Post
Yea i totally understand where ur coming from, the rating system in DC2 seems to be more stricter than DC, for the longest time i couldn't do "I like it" i must have played it at-least 50 times before i got it, if it seems too fast the best thing to do is go a difficulty lower till you learn the moves, then go for it, if ur still having trouble try the break it down mode hope that helped
I actually think it's the exact opposite. It seems to me much easier to pass a move in DC2 than in DC. I found myself just winging it on new songs on hard in DC2 and still getting at least a Nice, which surprised me. The only reason I found DC2 songs to be harder in general was because the dancing seemed more involved and more energetic.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #30
Dps120390

dps120390's Gamercard
Quote:
I actually think it's the exact opposite. It seems to me much easier to pass a move in DC2 than in DC. I found myself just winging it on new songs on hard in DC2 and still getting at least a Nice, which surprised me. The only reason I found DC2 songs to be harder in general was because the dancing seemed more involved and more energetic.

true, the songs did seem more energetic, i agree with you, i love the game, but it just seem so much harder to get flawlesses, mind that im not saying its harder, just that ive had to be more precise with the moves, i guess im a little bias to when i had to play "toxic" alot to 5 star it
Dps120390 is offline   Reply With Quote