|02-05-2012, 08:10 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: valley stream, New York
Brain Blast quiz guide for Academia 4xx
Alright guys, if you're looking to get the fragments that you can attain from each of the four quiz stations in this timezone look no further. Also take note that each quiz station has a different set of about 70-75 questions that you wont see repeat in any other quiz station. the four locations are: at the entrance,far right on the map, far left, and upper most left. see guide accordingly. (work in progress) Also note you only need to get ten in a row to win and get the fragment. I might not get questions or answers that some of you guys have gotten so feel free to tell me what the what the Q and A is.
Far Right Quiz Station:
1.An Academy scientist wrote a thesis proving some monsters are rattled by what certain human action?
(A) Tsking at it
2. Before the crystal pillar appeared, in what state was Cocoon?
(A) Floating in midair due to the fal'Cie's powers
3. Being oblivious to small, everyday occurrences is called a 'tonberry's what'?
(Y) Stealthy walk
4. Fireworks were created by a Bodhum resident who used explosives for work. What was his occupation?
5. How does a tonberry carry its knife?
(X) It carries it in its left hand
6. How does Hope's Edolon, Alexander, make his exit?
(X) Breathes fire and flies away
7. Hyperion is the fastest competitor in the chocobo races. Which of the following did he recently beat in a race?
(Y) An airbike
8. In 0 AF, monster figurines became popular on Cocoon. which monsters were the most popular?
(B) Triffid and mandrake
9. In 1 AF, an old flanbanero flower was discovered in crystal. The color was a cross between crystal and a flanbanero. What was the color?
(X) Muddy violet
10. In 2 AF, an air shuttle became available in the Yaschas Massif. What are the condensation trails of the shuttles that were named after shooting stars called?
(X) Comet trails
11. In 20 AF, which region was crawling with bounty hunters due to the growing number of monsters in the area?
(A) Bresha Ruins
12. In Noel's world, the earth was barren and there was little sign of life. What did his people use to build their homes?
13. In Sunleth Waterscape 400 AF, which monster showed intelligence by traveling in packs?
14. In the film 'MI: Sahagin,' what does the hero use to get past the security system without alerting his enemies?
15. In what region of Gran Pulse can the ruins of Paddra be found?
(X) Yaschas Massif
16. Jones is an infamous treasure who always seems to engulf his discoveries in flames and fail in his excursions. What kind of weapon does he wield?
(B) A flamethrower
17. Kaltz produced a line of shoes that allowed people to walk on water. Although the product was recalled was recalled several times, the current product is flawless. What is the name of the product?
18. Mixing soda water and what prompts sweating and is great for increasing one's metabolism?
(B) Flanbanero juice
19. Noel's clothes are tailored to withstand a severe lifestyle. How is this done?
(X) Multiple threads are embroidered through his clothes
20. Of all the chocobo race urban legends, which one is said to possibly be true?
(A) A prisoner won the race and he and his group were pardoned
21. Of all the chocobo toys sold in Nautilus, there are rare ones called Happy Chocobos. What creepy characteristic makes it different from other toys?
(Y) Its eyes are bloodshot
22. Of the many cactuar dolls, which is deemed the cutest by customers?
(X) Cactuarina doll
23. On Cocoon, what Bodhum event was know to grant everyone's wishes?
(X) Fireworks Festival
24. On what body part does Lighting don her white feathers?
25. On what part of his body does Odin wear his cape?
(A) Over his right shoulder
26. Since the massive relocation to Gran Pulse, a world much less peaceful than Cocoon, which item has considerably risen in sales?
27. Stage actor John Barker is a less-than-handsome man who is always late fir rehearsals. what flimsy excuse does he use as the reason for his tardiness?
(X) An ochu was flirting with me
28. The airline providing flights between Cocoon and Gran Pulse came up with a special offer that proved disastrous because of its name. What did they call?
(B) Smile and say 'Pirge'
29. The annual Gysahl Cup that presents the winner with more gysahl greens than it can eat in a lifetime was held every year except for one. Why wasn't it held in 394 AF?
(A) Lack of gysahl greens
30. The ATB gauge fills up during battle. What does ATB stand for?
(A) Action Time Battle
31. The Caldana root of the Steppe is an invaluable plant of which reason?
(A) They contain salt that can be extracted
32. The cost of the most expensive fireworks used at Bodhum's fireworks show is equal to the population on Cocoon at its highest. How much is that?
(A) Approximately 20,000,000 gil
33. The tonberry parent became a social phenomenon in 300 AF. What kind of parents doe sthe phrase refer to?
(B) Those who wield knives when talking to teachers
34. Two sisters work in Serendipity as casino staff. How does the younger sister describe her older sibling?
35. What caffeine-filled snack was popular among the Academy scientists of 10 AF?
36. What color is Snow's hair?
37. What does Noel have equipped on his left hand?
(Y) Black armlet
38.What does Snow's Eidolon, Shiva, transform into in gestalt mode?
39. What does Vanille lovingly call her Eidolon, Hecatoncheir?
40. What does Yuj think of Serah's outfit that seemed to appear out of nowhere?
41. What facility was created on ancient Pulse by the fal'Cie to protect the people from intruders?
(B) The Ark
42. What happens to Fang's Eidolon, Bahamut, in gestalt mode?
(Y) It flies with Fang on its back
43. What is Noel's weapon of choice?
(X) Two swords
44. What is the best university on Cocoon?
(B) Eden Central
45. What is the creature shown on the giant roulette wheel in the central area of Serendipity?
46. What is the defensive paradigm that's useful when the party's HP is low?
47. What is the first line of the duet 'Nautilus Yearning,' a song about the city that never sleeps?
(B) The neon lights shine brightly
48. What liquid used in perfumes can be extracted from noctilucale and crawlers?
(X) Fragrant oil
49. What move was invented by Cocoon's 13th boxing champion?
(Y) Goblin Roll
50. What refreshment do chocobo race contestants drink before their race?
(Y) Chocobo XS
51. What role is Serah capable of?
52. What title was awarded to the winner of New Bodhum's swimming competition?
(A) Speedy Sahagin
53. What was Lighting's rank when she was in the Guardian Corps of Bodhum?
54. What was the name of the mission to drive out the inhabitants of Bodhum when a Pulse fal'Cie was discovered?
(B) The Purge
55. What was the PSICOM weapon used in the battle at the Hanging Edge?
(A) Manasvin Warmech
56. What weapon did the Sanctum army bestow upon their skilled soldiers?
(Y) Blazefire Saber
57. What weapons does Mog transform into for Serah's use?
58. When Cocoon residents relocated to Gran Pulse, what dish became widely popular as a way to diminish the natural smell of Pulse ingredients?
59. Where are Eidolons said to be from?
60. Which Academy team was ordered to investigate the disturbance in the Vile Peaks in 10 AF?
(A) Blitz Squadron
61. Which creature has large eyes?
62. Which creature has sharp claws?
(A) Silver lobo
63. Which creature has the longest legs?
(X) Shaolong gui
64. Which creature has white fangs?
65. Which event was the most popular at Nautilus Park?
(B) The hologram dance parade
66. Which is not an arthropod creature that appears from the Void Beyond?
67. Which monster is not found on the slot machine reels in Serendipity?
68. Which of the following is coarse?
(B) Scalebeast's back
69. Which od the following is the highest quality wool?
(B) Fluffy wool
70. Which of the following will not be sold at Chocobo's Fashions, which is scheduled to open next year?
(X) Hermes' Shoes
71. Which role allows you to heal yourself and your allies instead of attacking the enemy?
72. Which role allows you to strengthen your allies by infusing their attacks with elemental power?
73. Why do people visit the small cottage on the icy terrain of Rudka?
(Y) To see the rainbow-colored mustache of a local
74. With the fal'Cie no longer in power, the delivery system came to a halt. How was Palumpolum able to resume commercial activity so quickly
(Y) Abundance of goods
Last edited by h0lydr1ver317; 02-06-2012 at 04:05 AM.
|02-05-2012, 08:12 PM||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: valley stream, New York
Brain Blast quiz guide for Academia 4xx
Upper Left Most Quiz Station:
1. What course substance is known as a fast acting cold reliever?
(A) Microchu baby teeth
2. What accessory is considered to grant wishes, but is seldom used because of its smell?
(Y) Chocobo feather
3. What was the title of the bestselling book of 10AF about the young girl and her transformation into a cie'th?
(X) "The Dark Brand"
4. What watersport requires athletes to wear floats on their legs as they fight over a flag?
5. Whose life revolves around collecting data on monsters?
(A) Dr. M
6. Which of the following is not programmed inot the sunglasses of the serendipity card dealers?
(Y) X-ray vision
7. BBQ Bens is famous for their cheap, but delicious behemoth meat. Rumor has it they have close ties with certain government officials. How are they able to serve meat at such a reasonable price?
(Y) They get leftover beasts from research labs
8. The popular DJ DK sports thick sideburns and a mohawk. What is the name of the style?
(X) Chocobo Hair
9. What type of flan was discovered in 150AF and has since been popular among couples?
(Y) Fetching flan
10.odds or evens?
11. Why was the piece "Cocoon and The Five Moons" stripped of its title for first prize in the 35th Academia photo Exhibition?
(B) it was digitally altered
12. What was the reason Volcano Day was established?
(X) The eruption of heavens mountains
13. What topic is most touched upon in the modern history textbook of 400AF?
14. Where was the Proto Fal'Cie Adam created?
(A) Augusta Tower
15. What was the name of the parade that was once held in Nautilus?
(A) Pompa Sancta
16. What happens to a L'Cie thats unable to complete their focus?
(X) They become a Cie'th
17. Heads or Tails?
18. According to the philosopher Denrith, humans are merely an intellectual version of a certain monster, with the ability of looking innocent on the outside, but being conniving on the inside. Which monster was he referring to?
19. What is the name of the dish composed of flan flesh filled with silver lobo meat?
(B) Flan Fal'Cie
20. The chocobos first used by chocobo delivery service were based on the colors of natures. What colors were they?
(X) Green and Yellow
21. What is the name of the elevator connecting Gran Pulse with Cocoon?
(X) Gran Elevator
22. Around 100 AF, which test was proved invalid and superfluous by the academy?
(B) Role-Based personality test
23. Heads or Tails?
24. Which of the following did not occur directly after the publication of Woolrich's novel "Humans Belong to The Fal'Cie"?
(Y) It became a bestseller
25. When snow became a L'Cie where did the brand appear?
(X) left arm
26. What was Dajh's ability as a L'Cie?
(X) sensing Power of pulse origin
27. The lumeritz singing competeion began 100 years after the first pardox. What year was that?
28. What project is being critized by reformist groups for pushing Academia to become a closed city?
(A) Elimination of foreign trade
29. Pick a hand?
30. What is the full name of professor Garnett, the editor-in-chief of the modern history textbook of 400 AF?
(X) Micah Garnett
31. Around 100AF, A TV show based on the battle of the L'Cie was in production, but got cancelled at the last minute. What was the name of the show?
(A) Don't mess with the fro
32. Spells can be sealed into cards and sent as gifts. Which spells makes for a popular birthday card?
33. What happens to a L'Cie once they complete their focus?
(Y) they turn to crystal
34. Which activity is based on the architecture of Academia and immensely popular among the teens?
(X) Free Fall
35. What determines the altitude of flights from Cocoon to Gran Pulse?
(B) the arms length of Fal'Cie Titan
36. Chocobo riding used to be mandatory at all private schools. However, it was cancelled indefinitely due to what kind of complaint from the parents?
(X) The chocobo smell would rub off on the students
37. Where is the ideal place to raise a chocobo chick?
(A) Humid Plains
38. What was the name of New Bodhum's soccer team, one of the few teams that participated in the first season on Gran Pulse in 4-5 AF?
(B) The enterprise
39.After the fall of Cocoon, the public became more and more aware of the truth behind the Fal'Cie and their actions. What part of the truth was fudged in history textbooks?
(Y) The intent of the Fal'Cie
40. During the festival of the day of rebirth, which food stand gets the most business from children?
(X) microchu mousse
41. Stem is a new recreational drug and is popular with the young. It is easily found within the Sunleth Waterscape area. What is it made from?
(Y) Dried habanero leaves
42. In the popular children's show "Cocoon Five," What is the name of the five heroes' ultimate attack?
(B) Cocoon's final attack
43. Which invaluable ore is sought after by miners everywhere?
44. How do people refer to the day of Cocoon's fall?
(Y) The Day of Rebirth
45. What is the famous painting by Geraint, the artist representing the new wave style of post-cocoon?
46. What popular game do the kids play on the shores of New Bodhum?
47. What is the best act of the circus troupe, the circus riders, a group of acrobats who use airbikes for dangerous stunts?
(A) chicken Race
48. The New Bodhum urban legend about a man with a knife is based on who?
49. How does Hope's time capsule work?
(X) It slows down time with the device
50. When soldiers say, "You're a real Ochu!" What do they mean?
(X) I can count on you
51. What mythology-based movie won the tantulus award for the best film in 328AF?
(B) "From Etro with Love"
52. Around 400 AF, The ??? male became a popular phrase. What goes in the blank?
53. Who used to live in Oerba?
54. What meat is used in the popular hunter's dish, "Chefs Grudge" ?
(X) Cooked Tonberry tail
55. Which Architect designed the congress hall founded in the capital city of Eden?
(X) Augustio Camille
56. What is the Surname of the sanctum representative Cid, former commander of the cavalry?
57. What is a baby moogle called?
(A) A Moogling
58. What is a behemoth king incapable of doing?
(X) shooting a thousand needles from its body
59. Before Cocoon's aerial railway, people rode the trains that ran along the ground. What was the name of Cocoon's old terminal?
(A) nautilus and bodhum
60. How does Hope refer to Lightning?
61. In the children's song 'Chelsea's Bubbles,' she is able to blow a bubble as high as the biggest, roundest thing one can see. How high was she able to blow her bubble?
(X) To the skies of Cocoon
62. The monster movie 'The Imp' was a big hit among the niche crowd that raved about its cuteness. What did half of the movie consist of?
(A) Dancing Imps
63. What accessory is recommended for those who want to boost their physical attack power?
(X) Power wristband
64. What advertising media was widely seen in Palumpolum as a result of energy conservation?
65.What does one call cooked behmoth meat that's hung out to dry for three days?
(B) cured meat
66. What does the cactuar sign seen at amusement parks imply?
(B) emergency exits
67. What is someone who sits at home all day generally called?
68. What is the acryonym for the Academia Central Broadcasting Station?
69. What is the name of the phenomenon that occurs on Gran Pulse due to the winds carrying away the sand?
(B) the shimmering sands phenomenon
70. What is the orobon incapable of doing?
(B) exploding into a pile of dust
71. What was the name of the device used by Sanctum's elite soldiers that allowed one to control gravity?
(X) Grav-con unit
72. What was the name of the military squad led by Cid Raines?
(B) Rapid response team
73. What was the name of the weapon used to shoot Cocoon's garbage into outer space?
(Y) Megajunk Cannon
74. What was the task of the government-operated PSICOM?
(X) protecting cocoon from pulse
75. When Serah became a l'Cie, she hid her brand with a bandage. Where on her body did the brand appear?
(A) upper left arm
76. When the Academy discovered the crystal pillar was in bad condition, what solution did they come up with to try and secure living space?
(X) Build a new cocoon
77.Which monster wields the Centaurion Blade?
78. Which movie portraying a couple torn apart by the Purge won the Tantalus Award for Best Film?
(Y) " My Gran Pulse lover"
79. Which regiment was Lightning assigned to when she was in the military?
(Y) Bodhum Security regiment
80. Who is the distinguished economist who said, 'Humans are merely animals that earn gil'?
(Y) Gilmay Erskine
Last edited by h0lydr1ver317; 02-06-2012 at 02:16 AM.
|02-05-2012, 08:14 PM||#3|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: valley stream, New York
Brain Blast quiz guide for Academia 4xx
Far left Quiz Station:
1. 4D fireworks are used at ceremonies. Besides sight and hearing, what other sense does it stimulate?
2. After the annual singing competition, people shower each other with an alcoholic beverage to celebrate the new year. What is the name of this beverage created using chocobos' favorite vegetable?
3. Around 150 AF, what accessory inspired by Cocoon's pillar was worn by people everywhere as a symbol of friendship?
(B) Cocoon charm bracelet
4. Around 20 AF, higher-ups of the provisional government and the Academy butted heads, leading to the disappearance of a key person. How did they refer to this period?
(X) The Dark War
5. As Serah and Noel appeared in the past time and time again, what research project received lots of funding and donations?
(X) Moogle throw simulator
6. As the people were released from Fal'Cie rule, many strove to find a new god. What is the design of the god worshiped by those left on Cocoon based on?
(Y) Crystal pillar
7. As the population on Gran Pulse increased, what business took off?
(A) Private military companies
8. During their journey, when did Mog decide he needed to go on a diet?
(X) When Serah had trouble swinging her sword
9. Every few centuries, the light emitted by the Fal'Cie Phoenix will flicker, causing a moment of darkness. What is this phenomenon called?
(A) Flames of Rebirth
10. How did the Academy revamp their program in order to provide more opportunities for the less fortunate?
(X) They improved their scholarship programs
11. How did the chocobo breed Wild Broom get its name?
12. How do flan reproduce?
(Y) They duplicate
13. In 2 AF, what did the civilians create to signify their independence from the Fal'Cie?
(B) An oath of autonomy
14. In 320 AF, what city was voted the best place to live by Academy scientists?
15. In 400 AF Academia, the term "paradigm shift" is used by office works everywhere. What does it refer to?
(Y) Reshuffling staff
16.In Academia's popular women's magazine, what is the number one attribute to look for in a man? (B) Academy Job
17. In Sazanbar Cape, one of the famous tourist spots in New Bodhum, which contest is held that is painful to watch?
(X), Student poetry reading
18. In the Chocobo of the Year contest that determines the best chocobo in the world, the chocobos are ranked based on speed and what else?
19. In the story "Three Little Microchus," what did the youngest use to build his house?
20. Many people gather at Yaschas Massif to watch the sunrise. What is a necessary item to have in your possession when walking along the dangerous monster-infested path at night?
(X) Something that emits light
21. Marion, the main character of the show "Black Gloves," has split personality disorder. He has two occupations: a cold-blooded assassin and what else?
22. Mythril Hearts Co. is famous for their mythril accessories. Which creepy-yet-fashionable accessory is the most popular?
(A) Oneiric Bangle
23. Raucous cheese looks vile and has a pungent smell unlike anything else. What is it made from?
(Y) Behemoth milk
24. Subject Zero was the first experimental subject to undergo the duplicate creation process. Because they didn't have the technology to create synthetic flesh at the time, which of the following was used as the test subject?
(Y) A behemoth bioweapon
25. The baghorn is an instrument used in Nautilu's parade. Why is this instrument so hard to make?
(B) The intricate carvings require too much work
26. The Cocoon Firefly discovered on Pulse does not exist on Cocoon. How did it get its name?
(X) To remember Cocoon
27. The communication game 'Choco-Bomb' is a favorite among the students of Avademia. What was the original name of the game as it underwent development?
(X) "On the Choco-Brink"
28. The Flying Tortoise was Bodhum's most famous hotel that was booked till the end of time. What was the attraction that made the resort so popular?
(Y) An aerial hot tub
29. The hunters of the Steppe love their flan. What part of the flan must be removed in order to ensure no poison is left in the creature?
30. The most common variety of cactuar is used for cooking. What color is it?
31. The National Weather Service controlled Cocoon's weather and what?
32. The Sabbath is an event where people gather to watch monsters dance and frolic. Which is the best dancer of them all?
33. The Sanctum army tried to create a bioweapon using a mu, but realized enemy soldiers wouldn't take it seriously for which reason?
(B) They were too adorable
34. The skyscraper's observation deck in Academia was built on a floor based on the incident of 100 AF. What floor is it on?
(Y) 132th floor
35. The women of Academia are raving about a new powder foundation called Adam. What is the main ingredient of this product?
(B) Adamantoise fang
36. Those with big appetites go to the restaurant Edenwalker for which dish?
(Y) The BBQ sheep challenge
37. What dish can only be made in Sunleth from ingredients found in that region?
(Y) Patroller's weed salad
38. What incredible new species of cactuar did Professor Oga Wan discover during his years of research?
(B) The long-necked cactuar
39. What is the common name for the Helix breshantha, a conch shell found only in the Bresha region? (A) Soilentoise
40. What energy drink is made from gysahl greens?
41. What is the hit song of Bombtanians, Cocoon's all-violin band known for their melancholy sound?
(B) "Beautiful Ballad"
42. What is the main ingredient of the exquisite maple honey, a sugary sweet condiment said to be developed from crystals?
(B) Sunleth tree sap
43. What is the main ingredient of phantom honey, a condiment with a rather pungent smell?
(A) Ochu flower honey
44. What is the main reason for the seldomly occuring vehicular accidents in Academia?
(B) Human error
45. What is the name of the beverage created using the water from Sunleth Waterscape?
(A) Sunleth's Legend
46. What is the relationship between the two runners who placed first in the 106th Eden Marathon thanks to their unbreakable bond?
47. What is the title of the dark fantasy show based on this world?
(A) "Highway to the Chaos Zone"
48. What monster toy can only be purchased in the Steppe?
49. What multi-colored artificial forest is registered as a Sanctum heritage site?
(A) Bifrost Forest
50. What natural material is used to build the solid outer shell of the new Cocoon?
(B) Adamantoise shell
51. What New Bodhum specialty uses fresh seafood?
(Y) Sahagin Jerky
52. What new breed of flan look young throughout their entire lives but grow in size as they age?
53. What new service is provided by the Chocobo Delivery Service?
(Y) Surprise deliveries
54. What part of the weapon does Mog's bobble become?
(B) A decorative jewel
55. What phrase became popular thanks to the popluar anime 'The Mog Team'?
(A) Hasta la vista, kupo!
56. What silver-colored invaluable ore used to be found in Haerii?
57. What takes place at the annual Gran Pulse festival La Prettina, an event that celebrates the coming of spring?
(X) People throw flan at one another
58. What vehicle does Hecatoncheir transform into in gestalt mode?
(X) Magitek Armor
59. What was the name of the act performed by the comedic duo Thousand Giggles in Academia 380 AF?
(X) Count Cactuar
60.What was the name of the scandal involving the provisional government and blank documents?
(B) Blank sheet incident
61. When a woman calls someone a 'chocobo feather man,' what does she mean?
(B) Someone who won't commit
62. When someone with a pure heart rides a chocobo, heavenly music rings in their ears. The sound comes from which part of the chocobo?
(A) Chest feathers
63. Where is hoax herb, a plant not readily spotted by hikers, generally found?
(X) Yaschas Massif
64. Which boomerang brand is the most popular among those who hunt for sport?
65. Which extravagant bottle of alcohol, known as PN, is popular among celebrities for its rich, deep flavor?
(B) Pinot Noel
66. Which of the following has never been weighed?
67. Which stupidly strong alcoholic beverage known to 'taste like death' is popular among the elderly? (A) Cie'th Killer
68. While the transportation system was being redeveloped, how were goods delivered to and from Cocoon?
(X) Military Jets
69. Who is known as the world's best weaponsmith that designs and creates the finest swords known to man?
70. Who is the chairman of Academia's amateur wrestling league, who was once and still claims to be one of the smallest but best wrestlers in the world?
(B) Masked Microchu
71.Who is the cute mascot of the popular game show 'Cue This'?
72. Who was the first female prime minister to represent the Sanctum?
(B) Ivory Marilia
73. Who was the girl that won the 41st Junior Sports Hunting Championship with a perfect score?
(Y) Elle Larskin
74.Why does the owner of Curious refuse to sell the pair of shoes on display in the front window?
(B) They're both made for the right foot
Last edited by h0lydr1ver317; 02-06-2012 at 03:58 AM.
|02-05-2012, 08:16 PM||#4|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gamertag: Omega Mk10
Good try though.
GT: Omega Mk10
|02-06-2012, 04:02 AM||#6|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: valley stream, New York
see other guide tagged in the thread by tidus9605605 for forth quiz terminal answers that i missed in the entrance of Academia 4xx and the confunding quiz answers for the captain......... credits to skyripper on ps3 trophies website for that
Last edited by h0lydr1ver317; 02-06-2012 at 04:06 AM.