PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Other Systems/Handhelds > Sony Systems
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Nightmare Creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Nightmare Creatures is a 3D action/adventure video game released for the Sony PlayStation and PC in 1997, and Nintendo 64 in 1998. It was published by Activision and developed by Kalisto Entertainment. Upon its release, Nightmare Creatures drew comparisons to Eidos's Tomb Raider and Capcom's Resident Evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The story behind Nightmare Creatures draws upon gothic horror elements of the 19th century. The story begins in 1666, when a devil-worshipping cult called the Brotherhood of Hecate were conducting sinister experiments in London so as to take over the city, and then the world. The Brotherhood tried to develop an elixir that would endow them with superhuman powers. However, rather than creating their intended superhumans, their experiments created only nightmarish creatures. When they decided to use these creatures as an army of conquest, one of their number, Samuel Pepys, set their headquarters on fire, resulting in the First Great Fire of London.
The game takes place during 1834 when London falls victim to several evil occurrences. Monster sightings are reported along with news of people mutating into ungodly creatures, and that the dead are waking from their graves and walking amongst the living. All of London is in a panic and vulnerable to the ghastly schemes of Adam Crowley, a mad scientist and occultist enlisting the help of the Brotherhood. Until, one day when a mysterious book is dropped off at the home of Ignatius Blackward, a priest and occult expert. He soon discovers that the book is a lost diary of Samuel Pepys, which contained the Brotherhood's research. Knowing he needs help, Ignatius sends off the diary to a renowned American immunologist named Dr. Jean Franciscus of New Orleans, who shows up with his daughter Nadia in tow. The good doctor is promptly murdered and the book stolen. At the funeral, Ignatius and Nadia are approached by a man who gives them a note reading: "Know about Adam Crowley, Brotherhood of Hecate --- HVHJ." On Oct. 17, 1834, Ignatius and Nadia head out to an address listed on the note, hoping to seek out Crowley and to resolve the monstrous activity that grips London.
The game's themes and gameplay are a noteworthy reference to such classics as Castlevania and Alone in the Dark series.
Has anyone ever played this? I'd love to get my hands on it again and try and beat it.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
DigitalFury

RedSoxIBelieve's Gamercard
Dude, I loved this game. It had one of the best soundtracks... so much so, that I used to listen to it in my CD player when I wasn't playing.

My gawd, I can only think of how awful it would be now. I bet the graphics would make the eyes bleed and the controls would probably be so bad that you would want to cut the paws off innocent kitties after playing. Hm, come to think of it, it actually had a decent story, too.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
shiningcheese

Send a message via AIM to shiningcheese

ShiningCheese's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm surprised with all of the games being remade for this generation consoles, that we haven't heard rumors of this one. I loved this game and its sequel on the dreamcast.
shiningcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
TESTUBE BABY 82
Banned User

TESTUBE BABY 82's Gamercard
i used to have it.i thought it was a good game but people used to compare it to the resident evil series even though the games couldnt be more different.enjoyable
TESTUBE BABY 82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
CyanideSpirit

Send a message via Yahoo to CyanideSpirit

CyanideSpirit's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Oh man, I can pratically remember this game! The last boss was a real bitch! Haha

First on x360a.org to complete Zeno Clash 2!
CyanideSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
BlackRob182

BlackRob183's Gamercard
I remembering playing the demo of this game alot and the only reason I got and played this game was because you could play through the game as the creatures lol. I never really played the actual game for story or anything that I can remember. I just wanted to play for doing weird stuff in it like being the creatures. It's rare to be able to do that in a game, especially one where you change every level, loved it!
BlackRob182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #7
ChaoticOblivion

LoyalEmperor's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh man, I can pratically remember this game! The last boss was a real bitch! Haha
You got to the final BOSS?!! damn i only got to like stage 2, way too hard.
ChaoticOblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #8
ReiKaz

Send a message via Skype™ to ReiKaz

ReiKaz316's Gamercard
That was great game, i like that atmosphere, but it was to hard for me. I never finish Nightmare Creatures, but i still have that CD (one of my firsts PS games)
ReiKaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
Beast And The Harlot

HarlotEffect's Gamercard
I keep seeing it in Cash converters and keep wondering if it's worth it or not.

Beast And The Harlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
that was a great game in its day..sure it was a little buggy and a little clunky but still a great game.

cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote