PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA World Cup 2006
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Sukhi Balboa

Beating Sweden vs Brazil

Before I begin I will firstly state that EA suck serious dick and this is the worst game I have ever played.

Anyway with that out of the way, lets begin with the guide to this exceptionally pathetic scenario. To complete Sweden vs Brazil you need to have extreme determination and great helpings of luck, but there are couple of tactics you can employ to help swing the odds in your favour.

1) Change Brazil's starting line-up to the following (3-4-3):

GK Julio Cesar
CB Alex
CB Robinho
CB Diego
LM Juninho
CM Ronaldo
CM Ze Roberto
RM Felipe
ST Edu
ST Magrao
ST Belletti

2) Change Sweden's formation to 4-2-4 and set Henrik Larsson as the corner kick taker.

3) Now the only way I was able to score "legitimately" was by playing through balls to the left, crossing with minimal power and heading (usually with Ibrahimovic). However I found it very difficult to force extra time using this method.

4) There is a method which guarantees a goal 100% of the time. Whenever you get a corner, keep pressing left on the d-pad until you have an attacker directly in front of the goal. Now move the aim all the way to the left (i.e as close to the keeper as possible) and take the corner with 50% power. When the striker in front of goal heads the ball it will always result in a goal.

5) Use the corner strategy as your primary method of scoring, but if need be, use it in conjuction with crosses from the left.

Good luck to everyone stuck on this scenario.
Sukhi Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
Damian227

The Real DB's Gamercard
I've tried this and it does weaken Brazil defensively but they're still very strong when they get the ball and it's hard to win back with their time wasting tactics.

I also find by moving to 4-2-4 I now struggle to score 1 goal, let alone 2?

Also the corner tactic just fails miserably for me? I press left on the d-pad which keeps bringing up the tactic screen, I press B and the closest I get a player is the 6 yard box, I aim the corner to the left as far as possible hit 50% power and it VERY rarely even goes anywhere near the player for a header and when it does, he's shoved to the side and it's cleared EVERY time. I've gone from winning 25% of the headers to 0% with this... am I doing something wrong? I'm generally very good at Fifa games but this challenge is the scum of the earth. I'm on my 43rd attempt now...
Damian227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
Damian227

The Real DB's Gamercard
Ok I did it first time after tweaking a few of your ideas.. so for other people;

1. Make sure when you pick the Brazil line up stated above, to remove ALL defenders from their bench, fill it with goalkeepers and the worst forwards/midfielders (or they sub on a strong back 3 quickly)

2. For the sweden set 4-2-4 and for the two most advanced midfielders, play Kallastrom on the right and Ljungberg on the left. Sit back during play and hit Brazil on the counter with throughballs.

3. If you get corners follow the advice above but set power to about 60% or it's rare the advanced striker will get to it first.
Damian227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
irift3

irift3's Gamercard
I have worked so hard and so much for this stupid achievement, OH MY GOD! It was the most satisfying achievement of my life! If anyone reads the forums, I am telling you this is the best method to do this scenario, it was my last scenario too.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #5
SHiZNiT NL

I have beaten the game/this match yesterday!!! FInaly after (no I shit you not) 400+ matches. What a bs achievement.

I did a the same player setup as show above only I changed the keeper to the other reserve.
First goal 83th minute: This goal was a lucky one, we were close to the goal, lost the ball to a player of Brazil and then he passed back to his own keeper, the keeper misses the ball and dives over it, guess what, a player of Sweden was behind the keeper and scored. Like WTF that big of a mistake, lol.

Second goal 87th minute: I started at my own half, passing the ball arround. Came up from the left to the panlty area, made a slick scissor move and then gave a low pass, and I scored with a long sliding.

Brazil was confussed and started to play bad. But I coudn't score anymore not even in the extra time.

Finaly panalties, damn I was nerveous. After 9 panlties Brazil and Sweden both missed 2 penalties. Then I scored the 10th penalty en kept thiers out.

Man o man I screamed like a little girl, I was fucking happy. This achievement sucks!

Sorry for my bad English it's not my foreign language.
SHiZNiT NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I had rented this game awhile back and got all the achievements but this scenario one. Bought this game today at Gamestop used for like 5 bucks. Figured I'd have a go at finishing it and getting 1000/1000.

I keep reading horror stories about this scenario and the Australia one... if anyones played UEFA CL 2006-07... is it as bad as the Monaco/Porto challenge?? That one was a royal pain.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
mad tees

Mad Tees's Gamercard
i dont no about that but this was one hell of a challenge i got them to a draw once and they beat me in penalties broke a fucking control because of this challenge but persistance pays thats all i will say
mad tees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
barbour99

barbour99's Gamercard
I've just got stuck on this.
Got it to 4-4. Conceded in extra time, got an equaliser then lost on penalties.
Got it to 4-3 countless other times and once missed a penalty...

Starting to drive me mental - about to try this 100% corner goal thing as I get plenty of corners...
barbour99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

i would first like to point out that games are something we pay for as a means of fun and sometimes a stress realease. this game does not acheive this even for its $5 price tag

after like 20 shots i finally get two goals against them, yet i cant score in the next 30. so i go to penalties and LOSE MY FIRST SHOOTOUT EVER at the worst time possible before i fionally fluke i an hour later - and that wasnt even the hardest challenge

but hey, lets not blame EA, im sure that they have a reasonable excuse for this crap, i mean you cant really focus when youve just smoked a hundred pounds of pot after god knows what *jeez* im gonna stop before i say something to get me banned

yay for beating it though if anyone needs further tips i can help but the corner thing works fine it was the source of half my goals so thanks for that btw
hydrosugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
Th3 Maj0r

Send a message via AIM to Th3 Maj0r

Th3 Maj0r's Gamercard
Very difficult... If you dont score right away after the first 82 min.. then resart.. try doing through balls... crosses didnt work for me
Th3 Maj0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #11
brilliant joey

brilliant joey's Gamercard
i'll say this. i set my defense to press the ball and i won 15 minutes later... :]
brilliant joey is offline   Reply With Quote