PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Alan Wake
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #31
B0seiju

b0seiju's Gamercard
It was really good, but the two DLC's where a little disappointing to me, I just can't stand the open end it has now.
B0seiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #32
Tuesday Bob

Tuesday Bob's Gamercard
I was hooked. Compared to LA Noire gimme AW anytime. LAN was a drag but Wake has me ringing my little bros to find out how he's getting on.
Tuesday Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #33
aptbs20

Zoso08's Gamercard
I agree this game was great, DLC was great too. Sets up the sequel if there ever is one,
Old 10-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #34
mist3rd0rk

misterd0rk's Gamercard
What game does this play like?
mist3rd0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:35 AM   #35
Skilled

depressedwhales's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just brought the book off ebay. Once I finish the Gears books I'll start on it.

Quote:
How we survive, is what makes us who we are.

Feel free to add me on;
Xbox (DepressedWhales)
or
Steam (DepressedWhale).
Skilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #36
chrisk62

QPRs No1 Fan's Gamercard
Ive only played Alan Wake for about an hour so far but i'm loving it already. It seems to have a great storyline and it gave me the creeps right near the start. I'm probablys going to be playing this non-stop now till i get the 1500G
Old 12-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #37
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok1986 View Post
I would'nt call it pointess after reading this I have not got it on order for 10
Same here its threads like this that make me interested in games I've passed up before with, plus I've seen it on trade-in at CEX for 5 so how can you fault it.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #38
Recipe For Hate

Recipe For Hate's Gamercard
Amazing game indeed. The atmosphere, the lighting effects, the sound design the chills running down your spine where great. It really filled the void that the last Resi Evil failed to deliver on survival horror and creepiness, RE5 seemed more of an action game without improving on the controls that where better suited to a survival horror.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #39
Oceans4Ransom

Send a message via ICQ to Oceans4Ransom

Oceans 4 Ransom's Gamercard
The day I got this, I played through the 3rd chapter. The next week was one of those "work till i drop" weeks so playing alan wake was not on the to do list those days or nights. When I finally went back to play, I realized that I missed some thermoses... So as a perfectionist and completionist thanks to the invention of achievements, I ended up restarting and going for everything i possibly could on one playthrough. While since then I have not gotten past the 3rd chapter this time, I have been debating every second whether I should jump back into the hours of gameplay that holds me with that game, or play others that I can jump out of with ease every 20 minutes or so at each nice rounded save... Alan Wake is just so good, I can't bring myself to play it even though I am dying to. I get so intimidated with the daunting tasks of collecting everything... i am weak...
Oceans4Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #40
macgyver893

MACGYV3R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceans4Ransom View Post
The day I got this, I played through the 3rd chapter. The next week was one of those "work till i drop" weeks so playing alan wake was not on the to do list those days or nights. When I finally went back to play, I realized that I missed some thermoses... So as a perfectionist and completionist thanks to the invention of achievements, I ended up restarting and going for everything i possibly could on one playthrough. While since then I have not gotten past the 3rd chapter this time, I have been debating every second whether I should jump back into the hours of gameplay that holds me with that game, or play others that I can jump out of with ease every 20 minutes or so at each nice rounded save... Alan Wake is just so good, I can't bring myself to play it even though I am dying to. I get so intimidated with the daunting tasks of collecting everything... i am weak...
just play through it. Don't let the hunting for collectibles slow you down. Experience the game for the story.

I beat this game summer of 10, but just this week got around to beating the 2 DLCs b/c of the new game coming out in another week. Loved every minute of it!!!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
macgyver893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #41
Skilled

depressedwhales's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranFlakes543 View Post
Glad your loving the game. It only get's better as you progress on. I'm not going to spoil anything, but yes it does get twisted later on, be prepared

To me, the game wasn't boring at any point, but to some it has. It all depends on the persons love/hate towards the game.

This. I never found it boring. Focus on the story and you won't notice it .

Quote:
How we survive, is what makes us who we are.

Feel free to add me on;
Xbox (DepressedWhales)
or
Steam (DepressedWhale).
Skilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #42
Mickford

Mickford's Gamercard
I loved this game to bits Really enjoyed the storyline and didn't mind the so-called repetitive combat. The atmosphere of the game was great too, nice and eerie. I'll be so excited when a full retail sequel is confirmed, probably won't be until next gen though.
Mickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #43
mundanesoul

I've been really impressed with the game so far. And it looks great on the PC! P.S. In Chapter 1, has anyone gone upstairs in the cabin before turning the lights on? *shudder*
mundanesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #44
Angry Tripod

Angry Tripod's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
i thought this game was very refreshing, it breathed new life into a genre that had been strugling for near a decade. alan wake is easily one of my favorite games, everything about it was top notch, graphics, gameplay, controls, story, characters.

Sig: Rajeanero
Survival Horror Enthusiast
Angry Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #45
Jonesin

SMOK1NGJONES's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Tripod View Post
i thought this game was very refreshing, it breathed new life into a genre that had been strugling for near a decade. alan wake is easily one of my favorite games, everything about it was top notch, graphics, gameplay, controls, story, characters.
You said it! Very innovative I love aiming with that flashlight it feels so right!
Jonesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #46
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Tripod View Post
You said it perfectly!

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote