PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Bejeweled Blitz Live
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
mmartynn

Send a message via MSN to mmartynn

mmartynn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Road Map

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 5
-Offline: 95
-Online: 105
-Approximate amount of time to 200: 15-75 hours, depending on skill and luck
-Number of missable achievements: none
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? no cheats
-Glitchy achievements? 1

Welcome to bejeweled Blitz LIVE!
Those that have previously played a bejeweled game will find this game fairly simple and easy, however, if your new to bejeweled, you may find this to be a bit difficult as its very fast paced.
It still plays as the same usual game, but this time you have only 2 game modes, each lasting only 60 seconds, but thats the fun! in both Classic and Twist your aim is to earn the highest score and biggest explosion possible.
Start off by getting familiar with each game mode as you will need to reach level 10 in each game mode, whilst doing this you should unlock the "Megatonnage" achievement. After you have found the game mode your most comfortable with, stick with it as you will need to reach level 50 in that game mode. Personally i suggest Classic mode as its alot easier.
You then want to try and aim for the highest score you can get, as you will need to earn 500K in one match to earn up-to 4 of the achievements. Your next challenge is to earn 200K in each game mode, back-to-back. Start with the mode you find hardest, then move onto the one you find easiest. After that, you should aim enter blazing speed and creating a supernova gem.
After you have done all of the single player achievements, its time to hit the multiplayer.
The achievements are not too difficult to obtain, you should check out the Achievement trading Thread if you are finding it hard to get any of the online achievements, or like me, don't have any friends to get the "Popularity Tycoon" achievement
There is only 1 Glitched/buggy achievement: "Absolute Jewel Crusher"
The "Absolute Jewel Crusher" will unlock at the stat screen at the end of the match, if you quite to the main menu too fast, it wont unlock.
Bejeweled Blitz LIVE is a very fun and addictive game with a fairly simple 200
Follow the guide below and you should have no problems
(or in my case, have the Miss's rob the controller )

Paragon of Paragons 5
Paragon: ideal instance, perfect embodiment. That's you for scoring 500,000 points! (Classic/Twist)

For this achievement you need to earn 500,000 points in 60 seconds. There is no easy way to do this but it can be done, simply play on classic mode and constantly make matchs, hypercubes, flame and lighting gems, high combos, speed gems and entering Blazing Speed is the key to this.
You can also earn the "Popularity tycoon" achievement whilst doing this.

Gemstalker 5
If you can reach level 10 in Classic and Twist, you can enjoy this shiny Achievement!

As you play either Classic or Twist game modes, you earn XP towards your bejeweled ranking. The more points you earn, the more XP you get. Simply reach level 10 in both Classic and Twist game modes. You will need roughly 4.5million XP to reach rank 10

Gemstalker Supreme 30
If level 10 was satisfying, reach level 50 in Classic or Twist for an even greater accomplishment!

For this achievement, you need to make 122,505,000 XP in either Classic or Twist game mode. Find the game mode your comfortable with and are earning high scores in and stick to it. If you average your score at 200K at the end of the round, it will take roughtly 613 rounds/11 hours to obtain.

There Goes a Supernova 5
Match 6+ gems for a Supernova Gem. Detonating one is its own reward, but here's another! (Twist)

This one is simple but requires a bit of luck, it must be done in the Twist game mode. You have to match up 6 or more gems in one move to earn a Supernova gem. Easiest way would be to line up 2 reds on the top line, the line up 2 blues underneath them. then do 2 greens underneath that. Then on the row below line up 2 reds, 1 green, 1 blue, then 2 reds.
Now twist the the 4 gems in the middle (2 blues and 2 greens) clockwise.
after you have made the gem, line it up with 2 other gems and the achievement will pop

Master Matcher 5
This achievement is for people awesome enough to score 100,000 points in a game. (Classic/Twist)

This achievement is fairly simple, just earn 100K points in 60 seconds. I recommend doing it on classic game mode, aiming for combos and flame gems. after a few tries, you should unlock it.

Last edited by mmartynn; 05-28-2011 at 11:30 AM.
mmartynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
mmartynn

mmartynn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Gemstone Genius 5
Only spectacular players score 300,000 points. They claim this Achievement too! (Classic/Twist)

This is not as easy as 100K, but not as hard as 500K. Classic mode is again, your gem to victory on this achievement. Earn lots of combos and make loads of flame gems, lighting gems and hypercubes and you should get it.

Absolute Jewel Crusher 5
Establish Bejeweled supremacy by sweeping all three categories in a LIVE Battle! (Classic/Twist)

During a LIVE battle, you will notice that there are 3 lights at the bottom of the corner, red meaning your losing, orange means your tied and green means your winning.
You have to beat your opponent with all 3 lights green and return to the stats screen you will earn this achievement.
If your struggling, check the Achievement Trading Thread

Stellar Stamina 30
Manage 200,000 points in back-to-back Classic and Twist games to earn this twisted Achievement!

Kind of a hard one to get. You need to earn 200K back-to-back in classic then twist, or twist then classic. I would suggest starting off on the game mode you find hardest then, As soon as you get 200K and the round ends, go to the opposite game mode and earn 200K in that round. If you cant get 200K on the 2nd game mode, simply dashboard jump before the timer depletes and try again.

Party Zone Maestro 50
It's 3 straight minutes of bonus XP near the top of a Party LIVE ladder for this Achievement!

Join and online party LIVE match, either classic or twist, and earn as many points as you can, you then need to stay the top player 3 times in a row. You only need to be against one other person for it to unlock.
If your finding this achievement hard, check the Achievement Trading Thread.

Popularity Tycoon 50
Friendscore is all your friends' scores added up. You've hit 1 million all-time! (Classic/Twist)

As the title says, Friendscore is all of your friends highest scores added up to make one giant score. On the main menu, to the right hand side of the screen, it will display you and all of your friends highest scores. Being how nice this game is, it doubles each score. so if you earn 5K points, it would double it to 10K. That being said, if you were to earn the "Paragon of Paragons" achievement, you would earn 1million points and unlock this achievement. If you can't earn that achievement, then check the Achievement Trading Thread.
**Please note: You must be signed into xbox live to unlock this achievement**

Megatonnage 5
Flame Gems are good. Lightning Gems are great. Both in one game is MEGATONNAGE! (Classic/Twist)

Fairly easy, will come naturally in your first few games. For a flame gem, line up 4 of the same gems in a row, the same as you would for a power gem. For a lighting gem, you need to match up 5 of the same gems in a T shape, otherwise you'll just end up with a hypercube. create one of each gem in one game mode and you'll unlock this achievement.

Nitro SuperTurbo 5
Make matches quickly enough to enter Blazing Speed! (Classic/Twist)

This requires you to make matches as quick as humanly possible. You need to max out the boost bar to 1000X to enter first stage of Blazing speed. You then need to destroy enough bonus speed gems to reach a 6x bonus speed without letting the bonus bar deplete to enter stage 2 Blazing speed. After you enter he 2nd stage, you need to hold that speed and bonus bar by matching gems quickly for about 10 seconds for the achievement to unlock.

**PLEASE NOTE: the video above is taken from the PC version to give you a rough understanding of what you need to do. will update with xbox version ASAP***

Last edited by mmartynn; 03-01-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It is worth mentioning that Absolute Jewel Crusher unlocks at the stats screen after the "You won" screen. I won a few games with all three lights green and got no achievement, because i quit back to the main menu to fast. I had to wait a few seconds before the achievement finally unlocked.

dab198 mentioned in the other thread that you can dashboard and still get Stellar Stamina.

Great guide!
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
mmartynn

mmartynn's Gamercard

guide is pretty much finished.
if you think anything requires more any info or notice any spelling mistakes, let me know and ill fix it ASAP.

thanks in advance
mmartynn

Last edited by mmartynn; 02-26-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
phantom frsh

Phantom FrSh's Gamercard
Can't get my head round the supernova one
Old 02-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
KRIS DETH

Send a message via MSN to KRIS DETH

xKRIS DETHx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Great guide mate, but one problem is with putting up the video for the 500k points achievement, the pc version moves alot quicker due to you having a mouse with the xbox version you have to move across to the board to the next match, making it quite a sight harder to be that quick.

My Blog Is Sweet!
^ ^ Click It ^ ^
KRIS DETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
y2j420

Sakamano 3000's Gamercard
I am sorry, but your description of how to do the Supernova is one of the worst things I have ever read on this site...I did exactly as it was written and NOTHING happened...either phrase it better, get a more accurate way of doing it, or find a video from THIS version of the game that follows what you wrote...

y2j420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #8
mmartynn

mmartynn's Gamercard

^^using both the video and the way i wrote i managed to swag the achievement. even had friends come round and do it using both video and what i wrote.

obviously, you just suck
Old 02-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
y2j420

Sakamano 3000's Gamercard
No I don't suck...you just have a poor understanding of the English language...I got the achievement by doing it a more straight forward way...I will try to post a diagram visually showing the process...you can add it to your guide...

y2j420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
Slim Panatella

Slim Panatella's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just added a pretty straightforward video of the supernova gem on another post if you wish to add this also ?
Slim Panatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
BruDrew

megaofmen's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
the video you have is not only from the PC version of the game, but the guy in it uses a bot to achieve the score, so the video is completely useless for our purposes.
BruDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
mmartynn

mmartynn's Gamercard

its not a bot, you just need luck of the draw on gems TBH.
the videos may have been recorded on PC but its aimed to give you an understanding of how theyre done.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #13
Gigatoreador

GigaToreador's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartynn View Post
its not a bot, you just need luck of the draw on gems TBH.
the videos may have been recorded on PC but its aimed to give you an understanding of how theyre done.
As the Videos are just for demonstration purposes, they are fine. The Supervideo helped me to get an idea of what to do. Will try it later.
Gigatoreador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #14
minihorserodeo

minihorserodeo's Gamercard
Here's a quick vid I made this evening for the "Paragon of Paragons" achievement. Sorry about the quality, stupid glare from the games bright ass colors.

minihorserodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #15
josh297

josh297's Gamercard
i've got this video for paragon of paragons quite good tbh if you wish to use it
josh297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #16
oh DownFall
Banned User

There Goes a Supernova is impossible... you would have to cheat for that. that is just ridiculous....
oh DownFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #17
rdrunr89

rdrunr89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh DownFall View Post
There Goes a Supernova is impossible... you would have to cheat for that. that is just ridiculous....
Check out this thread. I followed the video with no problem.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=297042

HEY! That Thing Got A Hemi?

rdrunr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:43 AM   #18
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
75 hours...? This is the first time I've played Bejeweled more than playing it for a few minutes (I played like once on Bejeweled 2.) and I'm pretty sure even at a beginner level you can adapt to whatever gamemode you're playing and it shouldn't take that long to get the last achievement (Getting to Level 50.)

i r guy. || XBLA & Fighting Game addict.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #19
toythatkills

toythatkills's Gamercard
I'd argue that Twist mode is far easier than Classic for all of the achievement that the guide recommends Classic mode for. Looking at the leaderboards, the scores for Twist are substantially higher than those for Classic, which suggests that the mode is much easier to score high in. I can score at least 200,000-300,000 every game in Twist with no issue at all, whereas Classic always has that random nature which means games might be good or bad and there's far less you can do to influence it.

If I was going to recommend one mode for people to practice and get good at for these achievements, it'd be Twist.
toythatkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #20
Ante79

ante79's Gamercard
Actually Twist isn't that easy, takes some times before you learn it, if you want a score of 1 million+ you need to be good. But agree that you need more luck on classic, perhaps harder to get 500+ on.
Ante79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #21
rdrunr89

rdrunr89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/bejeweled-blitz-live/achievement/49444-Nitro-SuperTurbo.html"
[/URL]Nitro SuperTurbo 5
Make matches quickly enough to enter Blazing Speed! (Classic/Twist)

This requires you to make matches as quick as humanly possible. You need to max out the boost bar to 1000X to enter first stage of Blazing speed. You then need to destroy enough bonus speed gems to reach a 6x bonus speed without letting the bonus bar deplete to enter stage 2 Blazing speed. After you enter he 2nd stage, you need to hold that speed and bonus bar by matching gems quickly for about 10 seconds for the achievement to unlock.
This isn't partially true. I got this achievement today, and I was making matches but I was only at 3x but I was at 1000 speed for a while and then when I made a match, the game paused/froze and the achievement popped. Unfortunately, I don't have a video camera to back it up but that is what happened to me, so I don't think you need to be at 6x for this.

HEY! That Thing Got A Hemi?

Last edited by rdrunr89; 07-11-2011 at 09:24 PM.
rdrunr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #22
the_sconnie

the sconnie's Gamercard
I have to agree with anybody who feels that Twist is the easiest mode. I score over 100k EVERY time I play it... I'd say I average about 200k per turn... sometimes 150k, sometimes 250k... Every achievement I've received was by just playing the game, including the Supernova. All I need is the online achievements, the back to back 200k and the 500k (I've scored 499k and 497k... both in the same session... felt like a sick joke). BTW, I'm a level 23 Twist and level 13 Classic at the moment. I've invested maybe 10 hours into it at this time.

Yeah, I'm ranked 452nd in Virginia... what of it?!

Currently working on: Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare

100%: Plants Vs. Zombies, Bully
the_sconnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #23
Tishan Tom

Tishan Tom's Gamercard
theres so much wrong here

1.) only 2 achievements requires online which is Party Zone Maestro and Absolute Jewel Crusher.
2.) if you get Paragon of Paragons then you automatically get Popularity Tycoon as your score is doubled 500k+ x2 = 1mil+.
3.) Nitro SuperTurbo requires a 30x chain of moves within 1-2 seconds of each other, that clears gems off the board.
4.)heinstach has made a clear diagram for There Goes a Supernova http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=297042

another tip. if your away from the xbox and want some practice play bejeweled blitz on facebook

My 100% Games Retail & Arcade

Tishan Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #24
purpleinsect

MissRiddlez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I was sure I would never get the achievement for scoring 500,000 points. I wasn't even trying for it. My main goal when I got it was to get 200,000 on back to back games of twist and regular. I reached over 250,000 and stopped playing because I was so releaved to get that achievement (had grinded it for ages) and then sudddently time is up and my score just keep going up and up. Can imagine my surprice when I left the session with 35 points when I only aimed for 30
purpleinsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #25
jpace731

DoubleOh Sl3v1n's Gamercard
took forever to get to level 50 but i finally got it!!!
jpace731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #26
Turdboi

Turdboi's Gamercard
Took so frickin long to get to lvl 50 but i made it in the end, thanks for this guide.

Turdboi is offline   Reply With Quote