PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
Mc1ovin11

Assassin Corvo's Gamercard
Question Dreadnought DLC-good buy?

I have just started playing game and am enjoying it-is the dreadnought dlc any good and have they added any cheevos' to go with it yet?
P.s. If anybody wants to play for some online cheevo boosting msg or add me GT- Mc1ovin11
Mc1ovin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
AmX3rt

amx3rt's Gamercard
They havent added any achievements yet.. and i don't know if they are going to.
but as to if the download is good. I think it's alot of fun - i felt from the start that there was missing a dreadnought. Its really fun to be the dreadnought yourself, and it isnt overpowered after all, if you know how to kill the dreadnought the other team have to be really good defending it, for it to survive.
That being said there isnt much in the download, only the new game mode and 3 new maps as i understand it.
AmX3rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:14 AM   #3
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Do a lot of people play this mode online? I usually don't find many matches on any game modes besides Annihilation, and I have a hard time playing consistently enough to work quickly to level 41. I only have a few levels to go but it's feeling tedious.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
Battletick

Battletick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I was just playing dreadnaught assault today, I got in a full game until everyone quit because we had a dreadnaught. I was able to find another populated match though. Dreadnaught assault is a great mode, and it comes with maps too. I wouldn't say the dreadnaught is overpowered either (somehow!), it does heal when not taking damage, but after it takes a certain amount of damage it can only heal up to a certain point, rather than to full again. But the enemy has to work as a team to kill it, one space marine versus one dreadnaught doesn't quite work.

So you can find matches, it's probably the most fun of any of the modes, and it's fairly balanced. One of the cooler multiplayer DLCs in any game since it's not just a map pack.
Battletick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
Mc1ovin11

Assassin Corvo's Gamercard
Thanks for the feedback guys-just need to get ms points now
Mc1ovin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #6
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battletick View Post
I was just playing dreadnaught assault today, I got in a full game until everyone quit because we had a dreadnaught. I was able to find another populated match though. Dreadnaught assault is a great mode, and it comes with maps too. I wouldn't say the dreadnaught is overpowered either (somehow!), it does heal when not taking damage, but after it takes a certain amount of damage it can only heal up to a certain point, rather than to full again. But the enemy has to work as a team to kill it, one space marine versus one dreadnaught doesn't quite work.

So you can find matches, it's probably the most fun of any of the modes, and it's fairly balanced. One of the cooler multiplayer DLCs in any game since it's not just a map pack.
Big thank you for the input! I will get this DLC this weekend. Hopefully it will make the grind from 35 to 41 a lot more bearable. I really do enjoy this game, but I know I'm never going to take the time to complete all weapon challenges for that specific achievement, so I've had a hard time finding motivation to grind out the multiplayer games. Annihilation is fun, but even if you can get 10 kills consistently each game, it's only like 800-1200 xp after exhausting the easy challenges.

It's not like getting up to level 100 in GoW, but still a relatively tedious grind
Old 02-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #7
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
Annhilation is the worst game mode for gaining EXP. You can boost the weapon challenges to get the armory achievement, the EXP from the challenges will boost EXP drastically as well.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
Battletick

Battletick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
As the dreadnought you can get great xp, so level 41 won't take too long. I had a 6,600 experience game as the dreadnought, and you get 1,000 xp for killing the dreadnought!
Battletick is offline   Reply With Quote