PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Puzzle and Word > Beautiful Katamari
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-29-2011, 02:41 AM   #1
An Shouji

An Shouji's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
50/100 hours achievement

Hey, I'm wondering if the game counts hours toward this achievement if you leave your character in princedom with the Xbox controller turned off. I've heard some people say that you must have the controller turned on, and some say it doesn't matter, but I'd like to be sure before I leave my Xbox on by itself for any extensive period of time.
An Shouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
The on/off thing applies if the game pauses for the disconnected controller, then time stops. I happened to get this after leaving the console on in the exactamundo stage so I can't be sure if princedom or eternal count. I suspect that they do because I did all three for periods of time probably not 50 hours individually. I used a wired controller the entire time. Sorry I wasn't of more help.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:28 AM   #3
An Shouji

An Shouji's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
The on/off thing applies if the game pauses for the disconnected controller, then time stops. I happened to get this after leaving the console on in the exactamundo stage so I can't be sure if princedom or eternal count. I suspect that they do because I did all three for periods of time probably not 50 hours individually. I used a wired controller the entire time. Sorry I wasn't of more help.
Okay. But in princedom the game doesn't pause for a disconnected controller, so I'm wondering if that might work? Has anyone gotten the achievement without a wired controller?
An Shouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
Lion of the West

LionOfTheWest's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Shouji View Post
Okay. But in princedom the game doesn't pause for a disconnected controller, so I'm wondering if that might work? Has anyone gotten the achievement without a wired controller?
I suppose someone will just have to try it so we all get the final word on whether or not it works. Once my Microsoft points arrive I'm going to buy the "Games on Demand" edition and if nobody figures it out before then I'll start leaving the game in 'Princedom' while I'm at work.
Lion of the West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #5
MMSouthpawVIII

Send a message via AIM to MMSouthpawVIII

MMSouthpawVIII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Shouji View Post
Yes, I got the achievement without a wired controller by leaving it on in the Princedom. HOWEVER, the wireless controller will NOT work within a level (on eternal mode) because it will autopause when the controller shuts off. So your best bet is the Princedom
Old 04-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
Casper Jazz

CasperJazz01's Gamercard
I have played the game to death and STILL don't have either, having my original HDD nicked probably didn't help my cumulative achievements tho
Casper Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
JordanPlayer

JordanPlaya1337's Gamercard
Confirmed with the 50 hours achievement on a wireless controller. Stayed in the Princedom and turned the controller off, still counted towards play time. Just left the game running overnight multiple nights and 50 hrs showed up... now to 100 You do have to complete a level after leaving it on overnight for the achievement to show up.
JordanPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #8
Scoski

Scoski's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPlayer View Post
Just left the game running overnight multiple nights and 50 hrs showed up... now to 100 You do have to complete a level after leaving it on overnight for the achievement to show up.
A very important point here at the end, this game only ever seems to award achievements after the completion of a level, so make sure you do a quick level before you turn off your system just in case you did rack up enough time for the 50/100 cheevos
Scoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
Emperium

Lord Emperium's Gamercard
50/100 Hours

Does anyone know if this has to be done on a single X Box Console? Can you use multiple units? (If you travel or one dies)
Emperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
roggor123

Send a message via MSN to roggor123 Send a message via Skype™ to roggor123

PandaCatMan's Gamercard
I left my controller off and slept, And I got the achievement.
roggor123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 AM   #11
Zyaldar

Send a message via MSN to Zyaldar

Zyaldar's Gamercard
LMAO XD I dont know anyone who could play a legit 100 hours of this game >.<
Zyaldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
johnywildman

johnywildman's Gamercard
Agreed, leaving it on whilst i do other stuff to try and get this one. if i have left it in eternal mode, i guess i just have to exit the level as you cant complete those?
johnywildman is offline   Reply With Quote