PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #31
Carpe Jugulum

Carpe Jugulum's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Mine did it exactly the same way.

Also for Shock And Awe
I got it easily by activating Fury then Charging. It seems to make it a 1 hit
kill on regular orks and it really expands the area of effect
Old 09-13-2011, 05:01 AM   #32
meltinzone

meltinzone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Jugulum View Post
Mine did it exactly the same way.

Also for Shock And Awe
I got it easily by activating Fury then Charging. It seems to make it a 1 hit
kill on regular orks and it really expands the area of effect
I found activating fury and then charging at them also helped. I used it to charge the shit outta the smaller orks, I found chapter 2 where they all come out at you before you enter the bunker and then chapter 3 where you have to protect the guy while he pushes the bomb. This spot is perfect for all kinds of orks!
meltinzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #33
bigtall

big tall guy's Gamercard
For Brute Force Unleashed I was able to get it simply by loading up the last part of the chapter 6 and finishing it. I didn't have to play through the entire chapter at all. The power axe and launcher were through 2 doors and there are no enemies to fight to get to them.

I've already done the other three weapon-specific achievements so I don't know if that method works for them as well.

bigtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #34
Feel My Rage

Scourge of Eden's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it. I'll do some more editing when I get the chance...unfortunatly this last week has been very busy for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party
You sir, have been owned. Locking this down to prevent more people from completely tearing your argument apart
As the great General Khazard once said....
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Khazard View Post
quichobitchin'
Feel My Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #35
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Can we have this thread stickied?
Suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #36
MetalDooley

MetalDooley's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel My Rage View Post
Master of Sword and Gun 5
Complete a Chapter of the single-player campaign using only the Bolt Pistol and Chainsword

The Chainsword is aquired on Chapter 2, after it starts. You must complete an entire chapter firing only the Bolt Pistol and swinging the Chainsword. It's also worth noting that the Plasma Pistol you gain in Chapter 6 is a permenant swap. Unless you do not take the plasma pistol, you can only get this achievement on Chapters 2, 3, and 5.

USING GRENADES WILL VOID THIS ACHIEVEMENT.

This should be possible on Chapter 2, so long as you do not use melee before you get the chainsword, and is impossible on Chapter 4 as you must use a Plasma Cannon on that mission.

Burn Them All 5
Complete a Chapter of the single-player campaign using only Plasma weapons.

The Plasma Pistol is obtained in the manufatorum, during Chapter 6. The Plasma Gun can be found during chapter 12. This achievement can be gained as early as Chapter 7, provided you do not use any weapons other than the pistol. Chapter 10 is a good Chapter to attempt this, as your primary enemies are turrets. There are, at most, 15 to 20 Orks on the mission, and plenty of cover when dealing with the turrets.

USING MELEE, EXECUTIONS, OR GRENADES WILL VOID THIS ACHIEVEMENT.

Brute Force...Unleashed 5
Complete a Chapter of the single-player game using only the Vengeance Launcher and Power Axe.

The Vengance Launcher is obtained in Chapter 3 and the Power Axe is obtained at the end of Chapter 5. You must complete an entire chapter firing only the Vengeance Launcher and swinging only the Power Axe.

THROWING GRENADES WILL VOID THIS ACHIEVEMENT.

Finesse and Fury 5
Complete a Chapter of the single-player game using only Stalker-Pattern Bolter and Chainsword.

The Stalker-Pattern Bolter and the Chainsword are both obtained in Chapter 2. You must complete an entire Chapter firing only the Stalker and swinging only the Chainsword. A good place to attempt this would probably be during Chapter 3, as there are many groups of Shoota Boyz that attempt to engage you from above on catwalks.

THROWING GRENADES WILL VOID THIS ACHIEVEMENT.
Just to let you know that for those 4 achievements you do not have to play through the entire chapter.I was able to get all 4 by loading up the last checkpoint in various chapters and playing through to the beginning of the next chapter

Master of sword and gun - Last checkpoint of chapter 2 works for this

Burn them all - Last checkpoint of chapter 6.Use charged plasma pistol shots on the nobs and activate the console and power source as soon as you are prompted to otherwise there's a non-stop stream of bad guys

Brute force unleashed - Again the last checkpoint of chapter 6 works here.Just remember to pick up the vengeance launcher and power axe from the weapons cache before moving on

Finesse and fury - Last checkpoint of chapter 3.Make sure to pick up the stalker bolter from the cache before continuing.Note that unlike the other 3 the achievement here will not pop immediately after the cutscene so walk forward until chapter 4 begins and it should pop

All 4 achievements can be gotten on easy mode too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtall View Post
For Brute Force Unleashed I was able to get it simply by loading up the last part of the chapter 6 and finishing it. I didn't have to play through the entire chapter at all. The power axe and launcher were through 2 doors and there are no enemies to fight to get to them.

I've already done the other three weapon-specific achievements so I don't know if that method works for them as well.
Yup I can confirm that method works for all 4 achievements.I've listed above where I got them
MetalDooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #37
KiySeph

CtrlAltL337's Gamercard
Quote:

Shock & Awe 20
Kill 150 enemies using the Charge attack.

Charge Attacks are when you sprint by clicking the Left Thumbstick, then pressing X to perform a melee attack as you sprint. Charging orks like this twice will kill them, but a couple melee attacks or shot from a pistol or bolter before the charge should help make the charge attack a one hit kill.
I found that the best place for this is Chapter 13.

When you get to the point where you encounter a floating enemy that spawns a portal in front of a door. The portal will keep spawning weak soldiers as long as the floating enemy is kept alive. The soldiers will die with one Charge attack. You can keep charging enemies as they keep spawning and you can easily get this achievement in 10 minutes.
KiySeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:02 AM   #38
AK74Bob

Blowtorch Bob's Gamercard
Yeah the chaos guardsmen have very low HP. They would be a good enemy to get charge kills on.

"A brave man may fall, but he cannot yield"
AK74Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #39
DarkBlue62

iPinkMorph's Gamercard
Just so you know you can use melee for the Plasma weapon only achievement as I just got it.

DarkBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #40
Ferus

zFerus's Gamercard
Thumbs up

:] Nice job so far, I picked up the Prima guide and it has everything. It's worth the $20, I think...
Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #41
GERASIM1000

GERASIM1000's Gamercard
Prompt please if to use execution or other kinds of not the weapon kills, it will avoid achievement? its about "Master of Sword and Gun". I have passed two chapters, but haven't received achievement though except this weapon was nothing and even didn't take frags noting. Actively used execution and Charge attack.

Last edited by GERASIM1000; 09-27-2011 at 11:02 PM.
GERASIM1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #42
Penguino Rojo

penguino rojo's Gamercard
Can we stick this thread pls?
Old 10-06-2011, 03:49 AM   #43
ultramarine4000

ultramarine4000's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #44
AlanOC91

AlanOC91's Gamercard
Excellent guide, thanks very much!
Should be stickied!
AlanOC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #45
Feel My Rage

Sorry guys, life goes on even when you have stuff you like to get done....in this instance I got stuck in the warp for a while :P

MetalDooley, thanks for those tips. I'll put them into the main post now.

I'll also try to start working on the roadmap tonight when I get the chance.

Updating updating and updating. Finally put a road map in, still need a rough estimate of time necessary to complete this 1000 though, if anyone has an idea.

Quote:
You sir, have been owned. Locking this down to prevent more people from completely tearing your argument apart
Quote:
quichobitchin'

Last edited by Shinobi273; 05-01-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #46
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
On roadmap, go ahead and throw Step 1, Step 2, etc in. Just shows when a break is in what you're trying to do on each step
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #47
yakuzzaa

II yakuzZaa II's Gamercard
150h+ to 1000k !
Old 11-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #48
Feel My Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
On roadmap, go ahead and throw Step 1, Step 2, etc in. Just shows when a break is in what you're trying to do on each step
I though I'd divided it up the right way to show that, but I suppose you're right Tyger. I'll change the wording to better reflect that. Thanks

Quote:
Quote:
quichobitchin'
Old 11-07-2011, 02:16 AM   #49
Ferus

zFerus's Gamercard
Just beat the game on hard but, did chapter select.... Damnit

Last edited by Ferus; 11-07-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Ferus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 AM   #50
Feel My Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferus View Post
Just beat the game on hard but, did chapter select.... Damnit
I know your pain....I did the same thing to re-start a chapter on hard to do the achievement for using Plasma weapons only. I thought the game had glitched on me until others here told me what happened. I'm sorry you didn't see the note to not use chapter select sooner...

Quote:
Quote:
quichobitchin'
Old 11-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #51
Ferus

zFerus's Gamercard
I normally look at guides on here first, but didn't this time... I missed a skull and went back to get it... The game is way to easy and I can blow throught it fast now that i got all the skulls

Last edited by Ferus; 11-07-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Ferus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #52
Penguino Rojo

penguino rojo's Gamercard
A couple tips for one of the new DLC Achievements.

"Frugal Spenders" where you complete an arena without using any lives. This can be earned solo in the first arena of Chaos Unleashed using the same load out you would use for kill grinding (Assault/Raptor with chain sword, Impenetrable and Swordsman's Zeal). You might be able to earn "Kill, for the sake of Killing" while doing this, depending on what challenges pop.

It does not matter if you die and have to restart the arena in private. The only hang up is wave 4 where you have to sit on a capture point, just keep moving around the post, kill those that get to close and take shots at the rest of the guardsmen.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #53
Rich77

On the DLC front, does anyone know if the 'Heretic' achievement (complete a Chaos Unleashed Mission in Co-op) requires you to complete all the Waves including bonus or just Arena 4 plus bonus?

I've managed to complete all 4 Arena's without this popping, but only got to the bonus wave once and was royal pwned.
Rich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:57 AM   #54
Airman Rufio

Airman Rufio's Gamercard
^I got the achievement, and yes. You do have to complete the bonus round. Make sure you're in a public match too!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #55
Feel My Rage

To those who've posted about the DLC achievements, sorry I never replied. I couldn't get the DLC until just after Christmas and I've yet to get around to playing it (being a faithful servant of the Emperor and having got other games and all that). I'll look into the DLC ASAP

Quote:
Quote:
quichobitchin'
Old 01-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #56
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
Quote:
To those who've posted about the DLC achievements, sorry I never replied. I couldn't get the DLC until just after Christmas and I've yet to get around to playing it (being a faithful servant of the Emperor and having got other games and all that). I'll look into the DLC ASAP
If you want to start tearing into that DLC, friend me and I'll give you a hand with it. It's a lot harder than the first wave of Exterminatus levels.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #57
Ravenkrak

Ravenkrak's Gamercard
I wound up getting the "Die, Heretics" achievement in the chaos invasion DLC by killing space marines. Somehow I doubt that was any easier than getting it in single player, but it worked.

I haven't even touched the single player yet; I'm trying to finish all the online achievements first.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #58
Trash Man

oO Trash Man Oo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
What is the minimum amount of people needed to boost in private matches?

Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #59
Ravenkrak

Ravenkrak's Gamercard
If you're trying to boost the Chaos Invasion, you will probably need all four slots filled to have a good chance. But since one of the achievements for it is to beat the DLC in a public match, you might as well forget about doing it in private matches.

If you're boosting the regular game, you will need at least three people for the multi-kill weapon challenges. (one guy to get the kills, and two more to get killed simultaneously) I'm pretty sure everything else can be done with just two people. The "Jack of All Trades," "Warrior of Darkness and Light," and "Shapeshifter" achievements can even be done by yourself if you really want to, though you should get those over time anyway.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #60
Trash Man

oO Trash Man Oo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenkrak View Post
If you're trying to boost the Chaos Invasion, you will probably need all four slots filled to have a good chance. But since one of the achievements for it is to beat the DLC in a public match, you might as well forget about doing it in private matches.

If you're boosting the regular game, you will need at least three people for the multi-kill weapon challenges. (one guy to get the kills, and two more to get killed simultaneously) I'm pretty sure everything else can be done with just two people. The "Jack of All Trades," "Warrior of Darkness and Light," and "Shapeshifter" achievements can even be done by yourself if you really want to, though you should get those over time anyway.
Thanks for the reply.

I don't plan on doing the DLC, at least not yet anyway.

Last edited by Trash Man; 02-20-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote