Old 01-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #32
Elm

Hassan4's Gamercard
Pretty fun.
Elm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #33
Mighty Goliath89

THE GOLIATH's Gamercard
Really enjoyed the demo enjoy big over the top fights like this game has, day one buy if money allows it ^^b

Thanks to Whiplash x360a for the cool sig ^^b

"Let's see what you're made of."
Kabal
Mighty Goliath89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:23 AM   #34
MikeRo

Send a message via ICQ to MikeRo Send a message via MSN to MikeRo Send a message via Skype™ to MikeRo

Konung l's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The demo was truly EPIC, it's like watching interactive anime.
I've noticed livid landscapes in both episodes and I didn't see any long-term beat'em'up sections in youtube videos. So the game probably will be a sequence of boss fights with some crazy running&shooting at the beginning of each fight.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #35
Nax

So, I know people will probably whine about the QTEs. But I actually found them to be rather fulfilling. They weren't pointless, like most. The way Asura moves with the command prompts actually makes sense, and the mashing sequences actually required rhythm, not just speed. The intensity of some of the commands was just crazy.

This game is just a whole 'nother level of insanity that goes above and beyond even "Bayonetta". I really don't think there is anything like this in the gaming world right now. Unless you can fight planet-sized bosses in other games. In which case, point me in the direction.

Also, here is a pretty good article for people who still say 'boo'.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1217484p1.html
Nax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #36
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
Test the demo yesterday and itīs pretty fun. I donīt like the anime/manga schemes, plots, characters or anything, but this game made laugh so hard I may even ended up getting it.

Gameplay doesnīt seems to be too deep, at lest what is show in the demo, and itīs not clear which can of game it is regarding the playable parts, but if the demo is a current demonstration of the whole game, Iīm please.

I love the "my character is stronger than any other character you have ever meet" scenario they seems to want for Asura. Heīs piss off about something, giant monster come to kill him, he gets more piss off and beats the enemy, then enemy turn out to become a more giant version of himself and beats Asura, but he gets a flashback of his daughter and gets even more piss off till he become a nuclear pooping device of massive destruction screaming nonsenses in Japanese. How can anyone not love it? Is so Dragonball parody that I love it.

Bayonetta was fine, but it was too much Devil May Cry meets God of War (funny since God of War kinda of start as an occidental version of the Devil May Cry formula), and the constant feeling that they were trying to make me think Bayonetta was sexy when she wasnīt get me to ended up hatting the character, is just one of those cold and ironic overconfident action woman typical in animes that I never believe. Asura is just so crazy I donīt have to give a damn, just have fun with the uber-destructive consequences of massive quick time events, which I must say, are the finest I had fun thanks to their variety and the fact that they are all play in cinematic modes.

The game will not be a classic or a must have, of that Iīm certain, but at least I can have a blast of a time, something where the actual industry fails sometimes.
Axel 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #37
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
... it's all the most ridiculously awesome parts of Japanese anime combined ... and then made totally badass.

I love it.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #38
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
I still find myself playing the demo now! Class!
Old 02-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #39
JaxTH

jaxth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver
I don't like the demo. For lack of a better game to compare it to I'll have to compare it to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2's boss battles.

Basically this game lacks the flow that the boss battles of UNS2 have since they pretty much play the same. The game is okay though but I'd probably not buy it.

Friggin SEGA fanboy FOR LIFE!!!

My Achievement Guides & Roadmaps:

Retail
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Arcade
Space Channel 5: Part 2 Sonic CD Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 NiGHTS Into Dreams... Sonic the Fighters
JaxTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #40
ChaoticOblivion

LoyalEmperor's Gamercard
Its Good...

Its an amazing game that looks/feels a lot like Castlevania LoS or GoW. But it seems so short...
ChaoticOblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #41
BBowles

BBowles's Gamercard
Honestly, I've watched all the trailers and played the demo 5+ times each...and not ONCE has it failed to make me literally lol.

I don't care if I put the game in, hit Start, and the game plays itself from start to finish. It's fucking hysterical....and will probably be my most enjoyable experience outside of ME3 this year. Goty? No way, I'm not crazy. It'll be a mediocre game at best. But god I'll laugh my ass off the whole way through.

Come on Tuesday!!!!!

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ultimate Battler - Completed 2/9/11
BBowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #42
BBowles

BBowles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxTH View Post
I don't like the demo. For lack of a better game to compare it to I'll have to compare it to Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2's boss battles.

Basically this game lacks the flow that the boss battles of UNS2 have since they pretty much play the same. The game is okay though but I'd probably not buy it.

:P That's probably because they're made by the same company. Good old CyberConnect 2. Since I'm not a Naruto/fighting game fan....I haven't played anything from them since the last .hack. Glad to see a game from the company that I can throw my support behind

Old 02-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #43
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WREQUIEM View Post
very surprised at the amount of people that don't like qte's especially since there's not much games with them anymore, whateva i really enjoyed them.
What? If I had to guesstimate, I'd say 75% of all games published today have QTEs in them. Kingdoms of Amalur has QTE's for God's sake....
Old 02-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #44
BBowles

BBowles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishTheDish View Post
What? If I had to guesstimate, I'd say 75% of all games published today have QTEs in them. Kingdoms of Amalur has QTE's for God's sake....

Really? Aside from Kingdoms of Amalur...I can't think of 1 game in the past year I've played that's had them >_>

Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #45
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBowles View Post
Really? Aside from Kingdoms of Amalur...I can't think of 1 game in the past year I've played that's had them >_>
The last few games I played were: Rango, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Hunted Demon's Forge, and Saw 2. I'm pretty sure every single one had them. Just my personal experience though, I'm biased I'm sure...
Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #46
ONI5

ONIFIVE's Gamercard
The Demo does not justify the the game. It's like playing an epic anime movie.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #47
FaitcH

FaitcH's Gamercard
Got my hand on this game this morning , i've played the demo and got totally hooked on it for the crazyness and complete Japanese feeling that come with this game.

I have to say that after a bunch of episodes completed , it is a really great game, it is just like watching an anime with a bunch of interactive cutscenes qte and action beat em all stages where you get to feel the rage.

It is in fact a bit short for what you pay if you intend to only play it once but since we're on an achievements forum this might make senses that you will get the most out of your money with this game since you have to replay the game a couple of times.

This game is all about artworks and style , the story is fine , the voice actings are very good from both side english and japanese + the characters are completely japanese crazy which is a very must for anime game.

Totally satisfied with it so far
FaitcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 AM   #48
Zetenge

Zetenge's Gamercard
I played up to Episode 6~ and I am still not 100% sure what to think about this title. The battles are awesome and i love the qte-action. But the last Fight was kinda hard (normal diff.) so im sure the "Easy Diff" is really a suggestion to young/not-talented/or-what-ever - Gamer.

But i had plenty of fun till now and im definitly will play through the whole game.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #49
Aoie

aoie's Gamercard
This game is way over the top. Its the same excitement I got when I played Bayonetta.

Only one complaint though, wish they could have put more dough in their audio engineering. The sound just lacks oomph. A good example of great sound that goes with the game would be Darkness II.
Aoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #50
Dark Link IV

link n load's Gamercard
Enjoying it very well
Dark Link IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:07 AM   #51
neonistje

neonistje's Gamercard
This game is epic ^^ Asura reminds me of vegita from Dragonball z all the time so does the action.

Maybe these guys should make the next DBZ game because most studio's fail to get it tright in a game
neonistje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #52
demonicalex

demonicalex's Gamercard
Great game so far. Loving the story.
demonicalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #53
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie View Post
This game is way over the top. Its the same excitement I got when I played Bayonetta.

Only one complaint though, wish they could have put more dough in their audio engineering. The sound just lacks oomph. A good example of great sound that goes with the game would be Darkness II.
If there was one thing I didn't expect people to have an issue with, it would be the sound. 0_o
Are you referring to the battle sounds, or the music itself? I suppose I can understand if your issue lies with the noises heard during actual fights.

I just polished off my last three achievements for this, and I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time now. It quickly became one of my favorites with how over-the-top it is, and I've already played through it 4 times, and could easily see myself doing it more for fun.

Funny, most of my favorite all-time games are from Capcom in some degree... this, Killer7, Viewtiful Joe, Okami... what is it with Capcom giving me so much fun, yet breaking my heart over Mega Man Legends 3? Q_Q

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #54
Mei Ninja

Mei Ninja's Gamercard
I'm loving this game as much as can be. The only problem I'm having is that in injured my thumb shortly before it was released so the quick time events are literally painful for me.

That being said, I love anything ridiculous and over-the-top so when I saw this game I was like WOOP. Yeah it does play a bit like an interactive movie but you know what? I actually like that. I just got finished playing Jurrasic Park which is pretty much the exact same thing and I liked that game too. I also enjoyed Heavy Rain. These games have a place with me.

The only thing that bugs me ever so slightly is Liam O'Brien as Asura. I honestly think they could've picked a better-suited voice actor... someone with a little more animation to their voice.

Please check out my Let's Play channel! @
http://www.youtube.com/user/MeruluTV
Mei Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #55
Khaoz666

DunkelHate's Gamercard
Nice game, nice graphics, nice anime and in my opinion a great voice cast and acting

It's an ok 1000G for the hunters.

The only negative point for me was the difficulty, too easy (even on hard) and I wanted more!!!

Any news for the DLC? I don't care about Ryu, I just want the story continuation.
Khaoz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #56
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaoz666 View Post
The only negative point for me was the difficulty, too easy (even on hard) and I wanted more!!!
If you want more of a challenge, try playing hard with the Mortal Gauge? That should be quite difficult.

I'd also like some news on the DLC. I so wanna know what happened with the Gohma Striker. Also Ryu.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #57
ilold

Judgeironfist's Gamercard
epitome of epic.

spoilt my b button though.
ilold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #58
Dark Link IV

link n load's Gamercard
Story is awesome, the whole game is epic.
It was a thrill playing this, a bit short on the storyline though.
Dark Link IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #59
Exhausted Dad

ddi0994's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
I was playing Kingdoms of Amalur and Condemned both of which I was really enjoying. Then I bought/ rented from Gamestop and heard it was not a very long game so I popped it in the Xbox. I have totally forgotten the other games for now. Wow that is all I can say, the story is epic and overall fun factor is hard to beat.