PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Final Fantasy XIII-2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
Zero Armada

Zer0dragon Z's Gamercard
The Archylte Steppe fragments?

I'm having trouble with these. I keep changing the weather to exactly how the guide says but I see no one that I can speak to to get the quests. Am I missing something? I already beat the game
Zero Armada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
Elm

Hassan4's Gamercard
You have to find all the cactuar statues. I had the same problem and I figured it out that I missed 1 statue.
Elm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Zero Armada

Zer0dragon Z's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elm View Post
You have to find all the cactuar statues. I had the same problem and I figured it out that I missed 1 statue.
How many are there then? Because I've found 5 of them. 2 in the marsh, 3 in the field
Old 02-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
Ceromorth

Ceromorth's Gamercard
Have you found the one in the south western area of the marsh, requires stormy weather. Its the only one that does requires stormy.
Ceromorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Tyrantus

GeeksDontLie's Gamercard
You have to find all the cactuar waystones. You can see which ones you already have by checking if you already have the fragment in your inventory for that waystone:

Plains of Eternity - All Weather - Crimson Crystal Fragment
Grave Ridge - All Weather - Azure Crystal Fragment (Must be revealed with Moogle Hunt)
Grave Ridge - Cloudy Weather - Forest Crystal Fragment. (Must be revealed with Moogle Hunt.)
Clearwater Marshes - All Weather - Amber Crystal Fragment. (Must be revealed with Moogle Hunt.)
Clearwater Marshes - Stormy Weather - Violet Crystal. (Must be revealed with Moogle Hunt)

Last edited by Tyrantus; 02-19-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Tyrantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
Ceromorth

Ceromorth's Gamercard
Have you killed the Long Gui (Sunny) yet, im pretty sure thats a pre req for getting the Ochu (Rainy) and Immortal (Cloudy) quests. Then once you have those done leave to historia crux and return to pick up the Yomi (Stormy) quest.
Ceromorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #7
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceromorth View Post
Have you killed the Long Gui (Sunny) yet, im pretty sure thats a pre req for getting the Ochu (Rainy) and Immortal (Cloudy) quests. Then once you have those done leave to historia crux and return to pick up the Yomi (Stormy) quest.
I defeated Immortal and Ochu before Long Gui. In my order I went: Ochu, Immortal, Long Gui, Yomi.

In reply to the OP, have you spoken to the guy next to the chocobo stables? You have to activate chocobos for Yomi, you have to get all the statues and defeat the gigantuluar things to unlock chocobos on the map/

Creazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
Entity

Exalted Entity's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Armada View Post
I'm having trouble with these. I keep changing the weather to exactly how the guide says but I see no one that I can speak to to get the quests. Am I missing something? I already beat the game

Everything is Permitted, and Nothing is True.
I am negative infinity. I am the manifestation of nothingness. My power is the lack of existence. The lack of existence can pull all things that exist to fill the void. Thus, my power is everything, and yet nothing. And even still, it is not a contradiction. I am negative infinity.

Last edited by Entity; 02-19-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:59 AM   #9
Zero Armada

Zer0dragon Z's Gamercard
I found all 5 Cactuars and I can even ride a Chocobo. I don't understand what I'm missing
Old 02-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
Kaze Katana

Mr Uchigatana's Gamercard
Try going back out to the historia crux. I had the same problem until i used a wild fragment to open the gate located at the Archytle Steppe. Next time i came to change the weather i could pick up quests.

Maybe it requires you to get the chaos crystal for Serendity, hand it to Hope to get a Fragment Weapon (you can buy the other one from Serendipity). Go and clear the anomoly surrounding the gate in the Archytle Steppe then open that gate, as a hidden requistic. but then again im just guessing.

Kaze Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
Ceris
Why so Cerisにゃ?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze Katana View Post
Maybe it requires you to get the chaos crystal for Serendity, hand it to Hope to get a Fragment Weapon (you can buy the other one from Serendipity). Go and clear the anomoly surrounding the gate in the Archytle Steppe then open that gate, as a hidden requistic. but then again im just guessing.
It won't have anything to do with the Chaos crystal. I didn't get mine until I had 5 fragments left, 4 of those were in Serendipity. If the gate isn't opening, here is the clear answer, though it is mentioned above kinda split up.

You have to activate all 8 cactuar stones in the Steppe. 5 waypoints and 3 Gigantuars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrantus View Post
You have to find all the cactuar waystones. You can see which ones you already have by checking if you already have the fragment in your inventory for that waystone:

Plains of Eternity - All Weather - Crimson Crystal Fragment
Grave Ridge - All Weather - Azure Crystal Fragment (Must be revealed with Moogle Hunt)
Grave Ridge - Cloudy Weather - Forest Crystal Fragment. (Must be revealed with Moogle Hunt.)
Clearwater Marshes - All Weather - Amber Crystal Fragment. (Must be revealed with Moogle Hunt.)
Clearwater Marshes - Stormy Weather - Violet Crystal. (Must be revealed with Moogle Hunt)
Those are the Waypoints. There are also 3 Gigantuar stones. One is near the Plains of Eternity, in a group of actual cacti. There are 2 in the Clearwater Marshes, one in the top-left corner of the marshes, that one is found when it is sunny. The other is found on the island in the middle of the marshes, but this one when it is rainy.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.

Last edited by Ceris; 02-21-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
Tyrantus

GeeksDontLie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post

Those are the Waypoints. There are also 3 Gigantuar stones. One is near the Plains of Eternity, in a group of actual cacti. There are 2 in the Clearwater Marshes, one in the top-left corner of the marshes, that one is found when it is sunny. The other is found on the island in the middle of the marshes, but this one when it is rainy.
Yes I know this.

When I read the OP's post I thought he was looking for fragments from the waystones, hence the weather changing. Therefore I didn't see a point in mentioning the 3 gigantuar stones as you don't actually get any fragments from those.

I'm guessing from the following posts he's actually trying to pop the Steppe bosses, in which case yes he obviously needs to find the 3 gigantuar statues first before the Ochu and Invincibility quests open.

Tyrantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
Ceris
Why so Cerisにゃ?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrantus View Post
Yes I know this.

When I read the OP's post I thought he was looking for fragments from the waystones, hence the weather changing. Therefore I didn't see a point in mentioning the 3 gigantuar stones as you don't actually get any fragments from those.

I'm guessing from the following posts he's actually trying to pop the Steppe bosses, in which case yes he obviously needs to find the 3 gigantuar statues first before the Ochu and Invincibility quests open.
I wasn't quoting you for being wrong or anything. I was quoting you so I didn't have to type out the 5 waypoints since you already did an excellent job at that

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote