Teh Phantomz

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I hope we get a lot of random "missions" as Achievements.

Liked the 12 Days on Pandora and the My brother is an Italian plumber style of achievements.

Agree, those are fun.

I also hope there will be no achievement with online requierement, up to this day, of the vanilla edition of Borderland (no DLC) I only miss one achievement to 1000, the viral online cheevo to play with a Gearbox staff member or someone who already has it.

I hate those kind of achievements for online, like the two in Portal 2 or things like that. I mean, most of them are ridiculous achievements with 0 fun factor or originality, extremely easy, no rewarding, but impossible to get for silver members. It´s just annoying as hell.

Hopefully none of them collection achievements where they are just random drops : ( so annoying

This times 100. I still haven't completed those last achievements, even given how obsessed I am with this game... I might go back to it shortly though determined to complete what I haven't finished.

The drop rates NEED to be FIXED THE FUCK UP. I spend hours in the Dividing Faults methodically circling the map such that the claptraps respawn by the time I get back, there are about 4 spawn points, each with about 20 claptraps. I run through countless times and almost never get one of the collection achievement items, and when I find one it's one I don't need.

That other "leave the 360 on overnight and let MINAC kill everything" method is out of the question, my parents would be pissed off if I ever left it on overnight. Also, given the 360's tendency to overheat when left on over an extended period of time... No, not going to risk it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pros: Paid in/Made in

Ding! [insert level]

Discovered [insert location]

Killing achievements

Fully Loaded

Pandora-Dog Millionaire

Fence

There are some who call me Tim

My brother is an Italian Plumber

speedy McSpeederton

You call this archaeology?

WANTED/Destroyed

You're on a boat

Zombie Island of Doctor Ned

Secret Armory of General Knoxx

Cons: Claptrap Revolution item collecting

Underdome achievements

Too many online achievements

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
He probably meant bored of farming them and not getting any pizzas. I swear when I did it, I must have got 2 pizzas out of 8 hours of farming.

Oh God. I've beaten this DLC and only found one pizza so far. I was hoping to have this game 100% before BL2 came out but it's not looking good.

Like stated previously, I hope there aren't any of these types of achievements either.

• 1 month later...

i hope theres no online ones... and no online tournament mode or some tagged on mode... as for the dlc i didn`t mind them apart from the mad moxxi ones....GOD they took forever! i got all the acheivements for the first borderlands and i plan to get all of the acheivements for the 2nd!

I just got those Claptrap DLC ones the other day. Took me damn near 4 or 5 days just because I didn't want my 360 to overheat. Sure, MINAC destoys his own minions, but god...and they don't do crap for you except to get achievements. I hope to god they ether fix that drop rate, they actually do something for you, even for some weird little random quest, or just leave it out of the game entirely.

Aside from that, the main game's achievements worked fine for me. Although I can see the obvious reach this or that level. I can see it the current max level being 50-60. They might also want to get an insane number for your badass rank. They might push the online play...I certainly hope not, because that viral one took me much longer than it had to. Although it should take no amount of time if you're going to be playing on day 1. I just mean more or less doing versus kills and they like.

I also predict seeing at least 1 or 2 cheevos for opening Golden Chests, maxing out a skill branch, getting a certain set of skins and wearing it. Who knows, I just hope they are all fun to do and not incredibly time consuming or just flat out luck based.