PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #61
brownb91

brownb91's Gamercard
A. the master and commander achievement is one of the coolest medals i've seen in a while.
B. i don't think it's the multiplayer, i think it's like in ME2, u'll need to do as many missions as possible, to get as many races on your side, who'll fight in the background, giving you the best chance for the best ending.
brownb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #62
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The Defender achievement is probably the first one i'll get. If that's out of the way, then it seems relaxing enough.

That is, if Master and Commander isn't holding me back.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:00 AM   #63
3Lions

Lions III's Gamercard
I've never read the 'leaks' but I did get a PM from someone with a list of what was believed to be the original achievements. I'll only post the MP specific ones as the SP were exactly the same. Now that the actual ones are up I'm guessing it is ok to post this as none of them give away any of the story?

(If not, it will get removed).

Trainee- Start a character in multiplayer.
Always Prepared- Retrieve a supply drop in multiplayer.
Bronzed- Complete a bronze challenge in multiplayer.
Silver Star- Complete a silver challenge in multiplayer.
Gold Standard- Complete a gold challenge in multiplayer.
Half Way There- Reach Level 10 with a single class in multiplayer.
Top of the Pack- Reach max level with a single class in multiplayer.
Starbound- Transfer a max level multiplayer character to your single-player forces.
Tour of Duty- Complete a match on every multiplayer map.
Hardcore- Complete every multiplayer map on gold difficulty.

My guess is that there was a big enough backlash from fans, which persuaded Bioware to modify the original 1000gs. Though I believe that future DLC's will be MP focused with specific achievements for that mode.

3Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #64
a44Special

Send a message via Skype™ to a44Special

A44Special's Gamercard
cant wait March 6
a44Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #65
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Iceman2288 View Post
The Insanity playthrough will probably be much easier seeing as how the game is now playable as just Story with very little combat.
Yanno, I really dont think this will be the case. I seriously feel that Bioware has made it so that Insanity is ONLY available for those playing RPG or Action modes. I think Story mode is truly just that, story mode, little combat and no chance to play on insanity.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:27 AM   #66
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules the great View Post
Yanno, I really dont think this will be the case. I seriously feel that Bioware has made it so that Insanity is ONLY available for those playing RPG or Action modes. I think Story mode is truly just that, story mode, little combat and no chance to play on insanity.
This is confirmed. If you choose story mode you can't change the difficulty to insanity.

I reckon the insanity achievement is probably going to be easiest to earn with an NG+ character on an action mode speed run.

Edit -

Quote:
Hardcore- Complete every multiplayer map on gold difficulty.
After extensive demo experience, that, would have been the ultimate achievement challenge. Not sad that one got cut. Gld is hard unless you have a pro team.

"Everything we've ever known. It's all hanging by a thread."

Razor's EdgeDark WitnessRequiem

Last edited by Rivercurse; 02-24-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #67
Dark Dajin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Lions View Post
Starbound- Transfer a max level multiplayer character to your single-player forces.
Wait, what..you can do this?
Dark Dajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #68
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post

After extensive demo experience, that, would have been the ultimate achievement challenge. Not sad that one got cut. Gld is hard unless you have a pro team.
Agreed. Gold is a clusterfuck.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #69
ShermanJames

IPHXI ShermTank's Gamercard
Personally i really dislike the fact that they made them so easy. If you wanted all 1000 points, play MP. It is redundant to let you get them in single player. No point in adding MP in, if you never even have to play it!

Twitter

Feel free to add me on FB or follow me on Twitter if you feel like it!
ShermanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #70
jules the great

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanJames View Post
Personally i really dislike the fact that they made them so easy. If you wanted all 1000 points, play MP. It is redundant to let you get them in single player. No point in adding MP in, if you never even have to play it!
But then those who dont have XBL Gold would be fkd. I think getting that 1k isnt going to be cakewalk like ME1 or even a little bit like ME2 tho. This insanity might just be the challenge youre looking for.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #71
mikeymud

Mikey Mud's Gamercard
Quote:
But then those who dont have XBL Gold would be fkd. I think getting that 1k isnt going to be cakewalk like ME1 or even a little bit like ME2 tho. This insanity might just be the challenge youre looking for.
So? There are quite a few games that require MP for achievements (Gears of War, the NHL series, quite a few others). I think the main reason to keep the achievements offline is that they (Bioware) still consider this primarily a RPG. However, I would suspect that multiplayer factors heavily in their future projects and that having a list of cheevos that are purely single-player are going to be a thing of the past.
mikeymud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #72
jules the great

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymud View Post
I think the main reason to keep the achievements offline is that they (Bioware) still consider this primarily a RPG. However, I would suspect that multiplayer factors heavily in their future projects and that having a list of cheevos that are purely single-player are going to be a thing of the past.
Actually this is what I meant. I also dont believe BioWare wanted to do anything to alienate their fans who have been used to the SP aspect of the Mass Effect series.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #73
Quickdraw

Quickdraw1988's Gamercard

Quote:
Actually this is what I meant. I also dont believe BioWare wanted to do anything to alienate their fans who have been used to the SP aspect of the Mass Effect series.
this is pretty much spot on, gives the option which im sure a good portion of people are happy for, i do wonder though how many people will unlock certain ones just through mp as it might be easier.

if i remember right theres like 2 one for insanity so instead doing all single player missions on insanity just to do core story and do mp one save hassle running around getting it all lol.

You can't outrun Death forever, But you can make him work for it.

Urgently Boosting Saints Row 2 MP Achieves Message Me.
Quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #74
Megis Eldurin

Megis Eldurin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Dajin View Post
Wait, what..you can do this?
I'm guessing the character adds to the galactic readiness, not your squad.

On another note, anyone know if there's ingame bonuses associated with the achievements like in the first two games? Like more experience after playing through the campaign or skill unlocks?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #75
Pay4NameChange

pay4namechange's Gamercard
Spoiler Free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Iceman2288 View Post
When will you make an achievement guide? I can't look over these achievements as they reveal spoilers in the game, but I would like to know how to plan my playthrough with ME3 (i.e. I don't want to be forces to replay the game a third time because I forgot to go over something, collect something, or talk to someone).
Complete Games: Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Dead Space, Enchanted Arms, Fallout 3, Forza Motorsport 3, Halo: Reach, Magna Carta 2, Mass Effect 2, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Prince of Persia: TFS, Quantum of Solace, Terminator Salvation, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Vanquish
Pay4NameChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #76
Quickdraw

Quickdraw1988's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pay4NameChange View Post
When will you make an achievement guide? I can't look over these achievements as they reveal spoilers in the game, but I would like to know how to plan my playthrough with ME3 (i.e. I don't want to be forces to replay the game a third time because I forgot to go over something, collect something, or talk to someone).
only way to be certain is by the offical guide or wait a week for someone to sort it out. alot of effort goes into guides just gotta give people the time to work without hassle and it'll appear.

You can't outrun Death forever, But you can make him work for it.

Urgently Boosting Saints Row 2 MP Achieves Message Me.
Quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:50 AM   #77
jkthunder

jkthunder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pay4NameChange View Post

Im going to go out on a limb and say the achievement list isn't much of a spoiler at all. I didn't want to be spoiled either, so I can skimmed through the list first with one eye open before really looking at it. Just my opinion.

And after looking at the achievement list, it doesn't look like anything can really be missed by playing in a certain order. Definitely not like it was in ME1!

Anyway - I'm pretty happy with the achievements, particularly the option for gaining some either through MP or SP. It would be nice to have some more challenging ones, but they kept a fair amount of grinding chievos in there and from the looks of it there are at least a couple of toughies. Pretty similar to ME2 in a lot of ways.
jkthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #78
Joustery

Joustery's Gamercard
I changed my difficulty in the options menu as soon as I had control of Sheperd. I didn't change it in the menu... Is this going to mess up my chance of getting the achievement or am I still ok. By the way, I know this is probably a stupid question to ask sense the game just came out, but I really don't want to have to start all over... Thanks in advance!
Joustery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #79
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joustery View Post
I changed my difficulty in the options menu as soon as I had control of Sheperd. I didn't change it in the menu... Is this going to mess up my chance of getting the achievement or am I still ok. By the way, I know this is probably a stupid question to ask sense the game just came out, but I really don't want to have to start all over... Thanks in advance!
You have until you leave Earth in the beginning. Since you only start off with a pistol and hardly any ammo, they decided to let us play on any difficulty until that part is over.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #80
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
This is confirmed. If you choose story mode you can't change the difficulty to insanity.
I'm going to un-confirm this statement. I started a new game on story mode and right when I could I checked the options. It allowed me to throw it back on the other difficulties.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #81
Steveinator

steveinator's Gamercard
Does anyone here know how to get the achievements for the "From Ashes" DLC? I don't want to accidentally miss them when doing the quest.

-Halo 3: ODST
-Halo Anniversary
-Monday Night Combat
-Arena Master, Glork, and Medic! (Castle Crashers)

Will help with boosting in return, send message on the forums or XBL if you'd like to help!
Steveinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #82
Rascalov

EbonHawk01's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Does anyone have any info on what you have to do to unlock the Master and Commander achievement? I went to the final battle with 100% galactic readiness and completed the game, but the achievement didn't unlock.

R.I.P CrustyDirtDemon 1986-2011
Rascalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #83
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascalov View Post
Does anyone have any info on what you have to do to unlock the Master and Commander achievement? I went to the final battle with 100% galactic readiness and completed the game, but the achievement didn't unlock.
Damn that's bad news. Thanks for the heads-up.

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #84
Spug

tobiasvl's Gamercard
I guess there's no point in playing as a non-biotic in this game, achievement-wise; there are no weapon specific achievements or anything, just a bunch of biotic-specific ones.

How come the day one DLC only has 50G though? I thought they were allowed to put 200G in all paid DLC and 0G in free ones, no middle ground?
Spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #85
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
I'm going to un-confirm this statement. I started a new game on story mode and right when I could I checked the options. It allowed me to throw it back on the other difficulties.
True, you can change the difficulty after the game starts, however, it also puts you back on standard mode when you do that. I think he meant that you can't change to insanity and also stay on story mode at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveinator View Post
Does anyone here know how to get the achievements for the "From Ashes" DLC? I don't want to accidentally miss them when doing the quest.
One of them is story related and unmissable. The other only requires reading a few data pads that are in the modular housing areas. They are VERY easy to spot. Just make sure you look around all of the units before leaving the planet.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #86
Jason0626

Rothio's Gamercard
does anyone know if the Overload x shields has to be done by shepard or can it be by one of the crew members you control?
Jason0626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #87
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason0626 View Post
does anyone know if the Overload x shields has to be done by shepard or can it be by one of the crew members you control?
Has to be done by YOU.

If you don't want to use a class with this power in SP, simply go to MP choose one from there and you will have the 100 overloads in no time. Took me 2-3h max.

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #88
Kl1n3

Kl1n3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
now those are the best multiplayer achievements ive ever seen... do something in multi or something more in single player
Your are not kidding. Other dev's need to take note.

-Ashley Riot (Vagrant Story)
Kl1n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #89
Dragon14785

Dragon14785's Gamercard
Just another 12 hours and I get my copy. I can't wait.
Dragon14785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:08 AM   #90
waylund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascalov View Post
I'm only a portion of the way through the game, so this is speculation, but if you go to the war room and check the computer, it shows your total battle value or whatever they call it. It then gives you a portion of your battle value based on your % galactic readiness. So I think there are 2 parts to this. You want your readiness as high as you can, but you also want to do the quests to get your value up as far as possible.

Hope that's helpful
waylund is offline   Reply With Quote