PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
Keynwar

keynwar's Gamercard
Breaking enemy´s legs

Hey,

i heard in some forums and in fact in the game itself that i can breake the arms and legs of my enemys.
How exactly can i do that?
I read that altair does it automatically by conter the enemys attacks, but he never did that.
Is this a skill i learn later during the game?
Thanks for answers

Keyn
Keynwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
Dizzy Domes

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy Domes

Dizzy Domes's Gamercard
I've done it during counters. I deflected their sword then kicked his knee in. I've also seen him do the sidestep arm break. In the words of Nathan Explosion, "Brutal".
Old 11-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
PerpetualHeaven

Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy Domes View Post
I've done it during counters. I deflected their sword then kicked his knee in. I've also seen him do the sidestep arm break. In the words of Nathan Explosion, "Brutal".
Do you know how you did it? That was the entire point of his question if you can do it, how do you do it?
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"
PerpetualHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
Dizzy Domes

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy Domes

Dizzy Domes's Gamercard
Sorry I thought I did answer his question. Yes it is an automatic move he does when you counter an opponent (R and X when the enemy is about to strike you). I don't know if he just does random counters or if it depends on which side the enemy is attacking from, but I don't think you can choose when you break a limb.

edit: Oh yea and you don't get you ability to do counter attacks back until you have killed either your first or second target, forget which. But I have only killed the first 2 people and I see leg/arm breaks all the time when I'm doing counters.

Last edited by Dizzy Domes; 11-16-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Dizzy Domes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:59 AM   #5
UnholyZephyr

UnholyZephyr's Gamercard
I'm not so sure about breaking arms or legs but when you get the short sword theres either a counter or a combo that lets you break the necks of your enemies. As to actually triggering these moves, it probably has more to do with where your enemie is and what time you press X
UnholyZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:53 AM   #6
B1indSide

B1indSide's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
they're all counter or combo attack moves, and the attack animation is random. Sometimes you break a knee cap, sometimes you stab him in the foot and finish him by ramming the blade in his chin, and many more, but they are all random. And you can use either the sword or the short blades for them.
B1indSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:11 AM   #7
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
random, you cant control what counter move you do

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:31 AM   #8
Er0ck21

Send a message via AIM to Er0ck21

Er0ck21's Gamercard
its a combo attack (x and x again when swords hit) while weilding the smaller blade (left Dpad)

100 % Retail
Call of Duty 4 (1000)

Need someone to play with? Send me a friend request!
Er0ck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #9
chenry

The chenry's Gamercard
Limb breakage is done in combo kills and counter attacks. They're entirely random.
chenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #10
rx32degrepber

timmy2447's Gamercard
yes i have seen that when i am playing but its is all when i am doing a counter, so its not really one button that i push
rx32degrepber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #11
Spartan EXR

Spartan EXR's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i´ve never gotten any knee breaks.. without chopping off the enemys legs

Spartan EXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #12
Kyton912

Kyton912's Gamercard
i can get the knee break and then he breaks there neck pretty regulary if u use the short blade and then i have noticed if they just jumped away from u then hold x and do the longer slash and hit x again and there u go
Kyton912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:25 PM   #13
Alien Nation

AIien Nation's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
With the long sword; When you do a counter and Altair steps on the guys foot and then pounches him and that you need to press a button to give him the killing blow, you can press A and he will break the guys Knee.

What is awsome is seeing the guy on the ground moaning and crying like a little girl.

Alien Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #14
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I think you can silently unlock new/more elaborate counter kills and counterattacks as you rank up in the order. When I got access to counter kills and attacks they were the boring ones that are the most common, but as I finished assassinations I kept getting new ones that were so much more bone-crushingly, spine-snappingly better than the first bunch. So you might need to keep going through the story and doing counters until you see it, I only ever broke some legs when I was going after the Teutonic bloke in Acre.
Zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:35 AM   #15
Rink Rat 55

Rink Rat55's Gamercard
It seems to be extremely random. I know at least for me that it occurs perhaps 10% of the time I complete a counter and have no idea with combo kills since for the life of me I have yet to do more than 5 combo kills.
Rink Rat 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 04:48 AM   #16
Adram

Adram's Gamercard
You can also fight with the Hidden Blade. You can't block or attack, only counter, but it has about four unique counter animations, including one in which Altair stabs their eyes and throws them with their head.

You can also use the Hidden Blade to kill people that are considered "dead" but still writhing on the ground, which is really hilarious if you kill about 20 guards in one pile.
Adram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #17
Sydanc1an

Sydanc1an's Gamercard
All weapons except the Hidden Blade have a counter that breaks either the legs or the arms. You can tell you did if the enemy cries his ass off after being put down by these moves. Anything else kills them and leaves them motionless. They are completely random.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #18
thenightmare

Th3N1ghtm4r3's Gamercard
Ive used the hidden blade a few times but the counters are hard to pull off for some reason, i maybe just need more pratice but the counters themselves are dependant on rank to get the better ones like other people said.

thenightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #19
n1n3t33nd3lta

Send a message via MSN to n1n3t33nd3lta Send a message via Yahoo to n1n3t33nd3lta

Delta x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
you can do it with the larger sword, he will do a combo and they will stand there like on mortal kombat when it says 'finish him'. you then press A and he should kick one of their legs and break it. it's kinda awesome when they do it, makes you wanna shake your head and say 'owwwwww'.