PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
BaklavaMonster

The Lost Tribe daedra quest..

I've been trying to start this quest for awhile now, the thing is when I get to Largashbur ther person I need to talk to, Atub, isn't there. Anyone else experience this or know where to find her if she's not at Largashbur?
Thanks
**realized the quest is called The Cursed Tribe
BaklavaMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
tiptup

ikon76's Gamercard
are the main gates open or closed? i stumbled on this are while exploring and the gates were open, orcs were fighting a giant and atub was on the watch tower throwing spells. i joined in with the fight and died so reloaded and when i went back the gate was closed and couldn't get in so i had to reload a couple of times until they were open and fighting a giant again so i could get in and talk to her.
maybe try attracting the giant that seems to always be to the left of the camp (when looking at the main gate) and see if that brings her out
Old 11-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
BaklavaMonster

The gates are actually open. I ran by Largashbur earlier in the game not knowing what it was and saw a giant attack and a few orcs get killed. I eventually came back when I started the Daedra quests and I can't seem to find Abut, all of the other Orcs are holed up in the longhouse.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
tiptup

ikon76's Gamercard
only suggestion i have is to travel somewhere else, wait 3-4 days then fast travel back to the orc camp. with any luck another giant will be attacking them and abut should be there defending the camp
Old 11-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
BaklavaMonster

Waited the few days and fast traveled back. There was a giant waiting outside the fort but no orcs outside fighting him. It eventually saw me and my horse and chased after us. No sign of Abut or the other orcs fighting it off.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
tiptup

ikon76's Gamercard
sorry to hear that, not really sure what else to suggest but as it's a daedric quest then the radiant ai should sort it out and give you someone else to talk to
Old 11-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
typahl21

SP1KE29's Gamercard
i am having the same problem. only i think i killed everyone in the camp. my thought was if i find the giant that has the artifact could i still kill it and get it. or is the appearance of the giant solely dependent on starting the quest?
Old 11-19-2011, 02:38 AM   #8
inflamedscythe

AnCieNT MAGiiKS's Gamercard
i have this same problem completed the storyline to see if that would help it not sure why i thought that but it didn't help would really like any more ideas on how to fix this or if they will update it in the soon patch
inflamedscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:39 AM   #9
typahl21

SP1KE29's Gamercard
so just went to the cave that you're supposed to fight the giant in and of course it wasn't there. so i guess i'm heading for another play through solely for this achievement. ugh. i don't understand why they would make a quest character killable. in other games they would become unconscious but who knows maybe it is just glitched and they might fix with a patch. fingers crossed.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #10
BaklavaMonster

Well what a shame it's happening to you guys too. I don't even know if the Atub, the orc you need to talk to, is dead or just ran off. I searched and found bodies but not hers. I guess all we'll have to do is wait until this puppy gets patched...
Old 11-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Cops N' Robbers - Tier 1   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaklavaMonster View Post
Well what a shame it's happening to you guys too. I don't even know if the Atub, the orc you need to talk to, is dead or just ran off. I searched and found bodies but not hers. I guess all we'll have to do is wait until this puppy gets patched...
try looking at the top of the watchtower on the right as your looking at the fort, thats where she was for me, shes wearing all dark clothes and the tower is a darkish colour, could be you just couldn't see her properly, but id check there.

Max Clubs FAQs l Staff Clubs l Subscriber Clubs l Challenge/Franchise Clubs

NEED HELP DOING THE ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS ON TWO WORLDS II!!
Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #12
Neo

Neorafter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptup View Post
only suggestion i have is to travel somewhere else, wait 3-4 days then fast travel back to the orc camp. with any luck another giant will be attacking them and abut should be there defending the camp
Exactly right, I had the same problem and went and did a few misc quests. When I was done fast travelled back and it all fell into place :-)
Old 11-20-2011, 02:56 AM   #13
BaklavaMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottttocs View Post
try looking at the top of the watchtower on the right as your looking at the fort, thats where she was for me, shes wearing all dark clothes and the tower is a darkish colour, could be you just couldn't see her properly, but id check there.
No such luck

From what the videos I watched of people starting the quest there should be a fight with a giant once you first arrive and the gates should be closed and Abut should be on the tower. Thing is the gate, to my knowledge, has always been open and she's nowhere to be found. Also it's been mentioned that she can run off during the fight, so I've run around the area and haven't come up with anything.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:14 AM   #14
typahl21

SP1KE29's Gamercard
i'm hoping that when they patch they will make her unkillable. i think i may have slaughtered the whole village except that leader which you cant kill apparently. but it is so hard to tell who you are supposed to kill and not. they should make those you need unkillable. that way you don't make the mistake of killing someone you need to start a quest. i mean i only need this one to get the achievement and ofcourse i ruined it before i knew it was a quest. isn't there a spell the unkill everyone you've killed?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #15
Goldyman77

Goldyman77's Gamercard
This is the second to last deadric artifact I need to finish the achievement. I suppose I'm going to have to exploit the Ill Met by Moonlight quest glitch and get both artifacts because even after waiting days and traveling to other locations and completing other objectives etc, the bodies from the giant fight still remain, the people are still hurdled together in the longhouse, and Atub as usual is NOWHERE to be found. Just an annoying process now!
Goldyman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:35 AM   #16
King of Battle

KingofBattle777's Gamercard
It took me about four tries before I finally found her. The first two times there was a giant but she was nowhere to be found. Third time nothing. Final time a dragon attacked the orc outpost and she just appeared out of nowhere. After killing the dragon I was finally able to start the quest line.

Can I 100% every RPG on 360?

Games 100%:

Working on: Skyrim
King of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #17
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
For me she wasn't outside, so I jumped up the mountain to the far left and explored inside the camp until I found her (She was on one of the guard towers)

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #18
Breeding

lostmyinfo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Desade View Post
For me she wasn't outside, so I jumped up the mountain to the far left and explored inside the camp until I found her (She was on one of the guard towers)
i had to do the same thing. I tried waiting and doing main line quests and checking back but she stayed bugged till I bunny hopped over the fence and got close to her.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #19
Sparx.

Young Forever x's Gamercard
First time I came across the camp I accidentaly attacked the orcs while attacking the giant, and they all turned hostile and I killed them all...not knowing that they were friendly in the first place. Had to revert to a last save.

Completed 38 Retail Games (1000G)

Completed 27 Arcade Games (200G)
Sparx. is offline   Reply With Quote