PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #151
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elm View Post
I think it sucks that Talia died. The ending was pretty great.
I agree. I'm Very Surprised by how Attractive Catwoman and Talia are in Arkham City. I would Seriously Consider them two of the Hottest Video Game Females.

Also the Ending was Fantastic. Like others have said, when something can make you have such an Emotional Response to a Deadly Villain then its really amazing.

I wouldn't count Talia as Dead quite yet.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #152
biggas126

What an ending, the tears were definitely forming. Dunno how on earth they're gonna follow that like, awesome
biggas126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #153
OptimumJay

optimumjay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
#1 rule of comics (this applies to arkham city also) no one truely dies
This ^^

Batman has been killed off before by Darkseid, Superman by Doomsday. Hell, even Alfred has been killed off at one point. There is always a way around it.

OptimumJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #154
CialnyGD

CialnyGD's Gamercard
I will have to confirm this, but it won't happen to early, so I hope spmeone else will... My friend told me that he was shocked when he was fighting Joker in the "little train area", and he switched to Detective mode... Joker didn't have any bones...
I was like: no way!!!
Could anybody close to that part of the game say if it really was so??
Old 01-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #155
OptimumJay

optimumjay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CialnyGD View Post
I will have to confirm this, but it won't happen to early, so I hope spmeone else will... My friend told me that he was shocked when he was fighting Joker in the "little train area", and he switched to Detective mode... Joker didn't have any bones...
Yeah I can confirm this dude, it's the little things that make this game that much more awesome :P

OptimumJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #156
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CialnyGD View Post
Haven't got to that part on New Game+ so will remember to do it.

Shame really I just missed it, as I played it on Easy quickly just to see Catwoman choice of not helping Batman.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #157
LikedSilverJace

LikedSilverjace's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalypticJoker View Post
too fast? for the first three quarters of the game we think it's all Hugo Strange then, after all the crap we've gone through, we find out it's really about Ra's and that's "too fast"?
unless you read spoilers you wouldn't have even known Hugo was working with someone else (aside from Quincy Sharp) until you enter the restricted area to stop him and even still, what else could they have done? Throw more villains into the game when there's only about 30 minutes of campaign mode left?

As for the Boss Battles:

Arkham Asylum - 8
Titan Henchmen, Bane, Zsasz (two or three encounters, he qualifies), Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and Joker

Arkham City - 12
Mister Hammer (equivalent to a Titan Henchmen), Penguin/Solomon Grundy, Ra's Al Ghul, Mr Freeze, Clayface, Two-Face, Deadshot, Zsasz, Mad Hatter, Hush, Riddler and Hugo Strange (he counts ONLY because he's the main antagonist)

if you include side missions and the fact that Penguin and Grundy happen in the same battle technically, there's more in City than Asylum.
just saying
also, there was more variety of bosses in AC than in AA
LikedSilverJace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #158
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiedrd View Post

Also, anyone else identify with Strange? I mean, these super villains keep breaking out and killing dozens each time. Kill them, and they stop.

Strange wasn't about killing super villians, he was about being more widely liked and respected by the public than Batman, even if he had to arm a bunch of criminals and get them to go on a killing spree. Not that strange was ever going to be successful (as is shown on the catwoman alternate ending when she doesn't help out batman). That his protocol 11 suicide didn't also broadcast batman's identity didn't make any sense to me however.

Last edited by SpinelesS; 01-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #159
Onyx Mark

Onyx Mark's Gamercard
Another thing to add is Ra's al ghul could be alive. Remember he died on his sword in his stomach. Well later on if you check out the same place he 'died' you see the knife but he is gone..
Maybe he is still alive too. Who knows.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #160
NoarGame

NoarGame's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Mark View Post
Another thing to add is Ra's al ghul could be alive. Remember he died on his sword in his stomach. Well later on if you check out the same place he 'died' you see the knife but he is gone..
Maybe he is still alive too. Who knows.
He immortal i'm sure of it
NoarGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #161
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
Yeah I have to agree it is one of the best endings I have seen in a video game in recent memory. I think rocksteady did a really great job with the whole entire story and game! I just dont know how they will top themselves in the next batman game. Its just too bad that more comic book characters cant have games like these.
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:30 AM   #162
SpyTip

Smooth Wrecker's Gamercard
Well they actually can top this game by far. For starters make the game longer, 2nd put the game in gotlham were a lot of the villians are running a muck in the city and u have to round them up. have story related mission where u are in the batboat, bike, plane, and junk. They can actually do more with this game but they holding back for some reason. The ending was good but it wasnt all that like many bragged about
Old 03-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #163
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Good ending, better than some i've seen lately... didn't completely blow me away though. With that said though, not a lot have blown me away

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #164
taffaroo97

TAFFY97's Gamercard
i think Joker died because this sorta ties into the movies, what with Heath Ledger dying there cant be another Joker in Chris Nolans trilogy
taffaroo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #165
Hustl3r

The 360Hustler's Gamercard
Ok, for me there are two answers to the OP's question.

As a cinematic/story ending I really liked it. As some others have already mentioned it did get emotional. You really get a sense of the burden and responsibility that Batman has had on his shoulders is partly lifted but also the guilt that was indellible in the Batman/Joker relationship may now never be removed.

As an ending to a game I felt slightly cheated. I defeated Clayface and thought, "What? That's it?" It did feel like an anti-climax. I guess I was getting too pumped up in anticipation of a really big and tough fight for the ending, which never came.
Hustl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #166
Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686's Gamercard
I felt the Clayface "twist" was INSANELY obvious to anyone who's ever read a Batman comic. I enjoyed the game a lot and felt it was a massive improvement over the overrated first game. For the next one, if they add Nightwing and Robin into the main game, and possibly Batgirl as well, and keep the open world format, I think they'll be able to top this one. Oh and stay away from Joker and focus on some other villains.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote