PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Action > Gravity Guy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
KiddingPigeon

KiddingPigeon's Gamercard
Play for an hour achivment issues!

Hi all!

I am having an issue with this achievement ‘Persistence is a virtue’ I have a nokia Lumia 800 so will auto lock after 5 mins, there is not a none timer L
A few questions, it says play for an hour with no pausing, if I die like 4-10 times it pops saying ‘wana buy some slowdowns’ and then I have select continue… technically pausing the game…
Can any one please clear up this confusion for me L

1)Weezing
2)Mew
3)Metagross
4)Kyorge
5)Porygon Z
6)Tyranitar

Xbox Master
Pokemon Master
Noobs Beware
KiddingPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
jpw21683

jpw21683's Gamercard
I believe that this achievement is now glitched. I just started playing it recently and have been unable to get this achievement.

When the game was originally released, it did not have the slo-mo's. So as explained in the achievement guide, you could plug your phone into the charger and let it play itself for an hour straight, netting the achievement.

Now that the slo-mo's have been added (in an update at the beginning of January), the game automatically pauses itself after so many deaths, asking if you want to use a slo-mo. This makes the achievement impossible.

It'd be great if there was a fix for this, but I'm not holding my breath.
jpw21683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
CaL1Br33D

CaL1 Br33D's Gamercard
This achievement is still attainable but must be done in story mode. After the game asks u for the 3rd or 4th time if u want to use a slow mo, it will stop asking u. I just got it. Sat on my bed watching The Walking Dead marathon and kept tapping my screen and it popped. Hope this helps.
CaL1Br33D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw21683 View Post
I believe that this achievement is now glitched. I just started playing it recently and have been unable to get this achievement.

When the game was originally released, it did not have the slo-mo's. So as explained in the achievement guide, you could plug your phone into the charger and let it play itself for an hour straight, netting the achievement.

Now that the slo-mo's have been added (in an update at the beginning of January), the game automatically pauses itself after so many deaths, asking if you want to use a slo-mo. This makes the achievement impossible.

It'd be great if there was a fix for this, but I'm not holding my breath.
There is no issue earning this. I am not sure those pop-ups actually count as a pause, but either way they only pop up three times then do not come up again. Just keep dying for 1 hour (while watching tv or something else) and tapping the screen occasionally. See the achievement guide for a detailed method

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=386429

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 118 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
zszaiss

zszaiss's Gamercard
The last post was a while ago, so I'm guessing this is no longer an issue... but I've found that the popups for slowdowns never show up in Practice Mode. I actually let Practice Mode run for a couple hours toward getting the 10hr Lover achievement (I'm getting ready to upgrade to WP8, but I didn't want to lose my time toward Lover. )
zszaiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zszaiss View Post
The last post was a while ago, so I'm guessing this is no longer an issue... but I've found that the popups for slowdowns never show up in Practice Mode. I actually let Practice Mode run for a couple hours toward getting the 10hr Lover achievement (I'm getting ready to upgrade to WP8, but I didn't want to lose my time toward Lover. )
Did you tap the screen or are you lucky enough to have one that has the "Never" setting. Thanks for the practice mode tip.

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 118 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote