PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
MulticronX

MulticronX's Gamercard
How difficult are the Chaos DLC achievements?

Considering I've never managed to survive an entire Exterminatus session, these achievements are looking pretty difficult.

I would be up for grouping up with others who would like to tackle these achievements. GT: MulticronX .
MulticronX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:33 AM   #2
91GSX

Snipah Loc's Gamercard
I'm on wave 21 now with some randoms. It's pretty intense!
91GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:39 AM   #3
Dead End Kyo

Dead End Kyo's Gamercard
I wouldn't say that they're THAT difficult but some will require a bit of effort to get.

I made it to wave 21 as well tonight but everyone started leaving after failing it lol beating the bonus wave is going to be the hardest one in my opinion especially when you're trying to go for the achievement that requires you to complete it in a public match.

This is reminding me of DoW2's The Last Stand...

Anyway I'll be up for playing Chaos Unleashed with anyone, there is a major lack of players with this DLC at the moment.
Dead End Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #4
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
The Last Stand in DOW2 is like insane on the end waves. I haven't tried the Chaos expansion yet, but I'm hoping it's more intense than the first exterminatus.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
Mr Stoat

Mr Stoat's Gamercard
I have a question for the guys who got to/past wave 21. What tactics did you use to get past wave 19? For me and my friends it was a round that had 2 control points and we could just not survive to hold either one of them due to the vast amount of badguys thrown against us.
Mr Stoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
Rich77

@Mr Stoat After numerous attempts last night the group I was with finally got to the final wave. Regarding Wave 19 the load out that aced it for us was 3 Assaults & 1 Tac - 2 assaults with Thunderhammers, 1 with Chain Axe and the Tac sporting dual wield storm bolter & melta gun. Get as many people on 1 of the points & cap that don't try splitting your forces between the two. Use the Assaults to pick out shootaz and grenade the hell out of the large groups as they converge on the capture point. Hit & run with the Assaults, ground pounding large groups but making sure you've got enough fuel to leap out almost straight away.

From my perspective as an Assault the loadout that worked really well was Chain Axe, Axemans Zeal and Sure Strike. I normally go for Death From Above, but the radius and additional stuns of the Sure Strike (it takes 2 Y button presses to launch the massive ground slam) really ties up the hordes of Orks and Imperial Guard. It also stuns groups of Space Marines allowing your team mates to whittle them down.

How on Earth you get past the bonus wave is something I'll need to read up on, it's mental!
Rich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
Dead End Kyo

Dead End Kyo's Gamercard
I always find wave 19 pretty easy, when I played with randoms, 2-3 of them would cap the center control point while I go for the other one which rarely gets attacked.
My team sometimes consist of 2 assaults & 2 tacticals.

@Rich77: yeah, the bonus wave is pretty insane, I ended up running out of ammo & had to use my combat knife on the Ork Dreadnoughts which is pretty lolful.
Dead End Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
harryscarr

SARG3NT SCARR's Gamercard
Is anyone up for playing this me? Im getting some points in a couple of days, and none of my friends have this. Please add me, SARG3NT SCARR
harryscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #9
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I DL this last night but couldn't find it in the menues. Does anyone know where I can find it?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #10
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p3sfalL View Post
I DL this last night but couldn't find it in the menues. Does anyone know where I can find it?
Just go on exterminatus then when you search for a game it asks you to select classic or choas invasion. Good luck finding a game because I can't.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
ohhhh okay..... DUH ! Should have known that lol.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:33 AM   #12
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not considering achievement difficulty or time to complete the additional DLC achievements, is this worth getting? I saw in a couple lower posts that it may be difficult to find worthwhile allies to play this DLC online, but is it fun? I love this game, it's some great fun tearing through hordes of green guys, especially with real life friends.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #13
sillyjordo

sillyjordo's Gamercard
I tried ALOT of times to beat the bonus wave before doing so. It's wildly challenging. Squigs.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #14
Wurrzappa

Wurrzappa's Gamercard
This is deffenitly one of the most fun parts of the online play for me, just so much carnage, so much more than in the regular exterminatus :') The ideal combo that worked for me was 1 assault, 2 tacticals and 1 devastator (me ). You just make good use of cover in the bonus round, take out them boyz first and focus on the kans last. I've beaten it and it isn't that hard if everyone sticks together. If anyone is up for it my gt: Wurrzappa
Wurrzappa is offline   Reply With Quote