PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > PowerUp Heroes
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
The Dauntless

The Dauntless's Gamercard
Final Boss FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE!1

This came was so easy up until the final boss.

I beat all the normal version and normal Maligance without ever losing a round.

Then I breezed through the X verisons with 1 or 2 retries.

BUT Malignance X is impossible. I hjave been trying for abnout 2 hours and the best I ever did was get his health down to 50% in one round!

He takes so little damage and does so much more than normal enemies. One chain attack takes like 70% of your health.

I have got better at dodging but even if I dodge for 5 minutes and attack when its clear I only take his health down by like 25%. Then he just does instant super moves and its all over.

So frustrating, there is such a huge jump in difficulty and I cant beat him...

HELP!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
The Dauntless

The Dauntless's Gamercard
OK it took 3 hours and lots of tips form guys over at True Achievements but I made it.

Basically you have to pick suits with easy/fast stun attacks (Bionic X and Volt X for me).

Then just stand there until he does a super move, dodge then use the super stun and chain to a regular super.

Switch suits then do above again.

Then dodge until your supers recharge and repeat!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
This last guy is BS ive tried the combo ou suggest and he owns my arse still.

You can dodge and dodge yet he spams moves so fast with no need to recharge you dodge one move into another.

Quite how the kids who this is aimed at are going to do it lol

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
CrimsonGhost

CrimsonGhostUK's Gamercard
I beat him on my third attempt using this method:

1st suit Volt (Not Volt X as his third attack is lame)
2nd suit Chaos X

Powerup was the rage boost.

As the fight starts wait for Malignance X to attack and dodge as he does. As soon as you land do your first attack (first attach for all characters is their stun move). Then switch suits, stun with Chaos X, switch again and do the Volt fireball type move (as this is move difficult to use when the opponent is not stunned). This ultimate combo should take a third off his health.

Now comes the hard part, watch his attacks very carefully. If he is going to shoot at you or throw something, dodge just before he launches the attack. If he goes to charge up you will have to hit him with something to stop it. If he hits the charge move you will get hit with everything he's got and lose half your health.

Make sure you stay Volt and as soon as the charge move reloads start the pattern again.

He is a pain in the ass but I found the Ninja before more of a hassle.

Hope this helps.
CrimsonGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:24 AM   #5
wyldcat34

wyldcat34's Gamercard
I agree with crimsonghost, I used Volt and ShadowX to defeat him - and as far as in 3 goes, damn you were lucky!
It took me the better part of 3 hours, not because it was hard, moreso that the AI cheats like a cheap whore and does its favourite combo (blackhole, stun blast, meteor) which kicks your ass on any little mistake. It was also made more difficult by the kinect not picking up smooth fast motion of the attacks which shits me to no end.

As Crimsongghost said, pick 2 speedy characters and dodge until you dodge a special move, then unleash your special move - make sure you combo another 2 specials onto it or youll do very little damage.

.....I think i threw my back out trying to beat this guy......

Cheers

Last edited by wyldcat34; 10-19-2011 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Grammer corrections
wyldcat34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
krok8

krok8's Gamercard
Hi,

I have beaten Malignance X a couple of time using Scorch & Shadow X! :-)

Use the shield to protect you against the Mag X attacks and start your combo (Ultimate Chain is prefered here).

Then, just repeat the same pattern and you will unlock a very cool suit to play with!!!

Good luck guys!
krok8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #7
diez979

m nanouche's Gamercard
I used Volta X and Scorch X.

That was not easy but not impossible.
diez979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:20 AM   #8
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Smile

i just beat him tonight & have the easiest method. heres what i did.

power = rage

suit 1 = scorge x

suit 2 = volta x

plan is simple. if i have the 1st suit name right.

at start you jump up & down fast. this causes you to go underground. you come up doing some decent damage.

then rush him throwing punches. dont worry if you dont land the final hit.

keep doing the close in fighting until your jump power gauge is filled. then jump up & do it all over again.

when it gets to the 3rd round. he is super nasty. do the dash a few times as he will try to interupt it. ignore any dodging warnings. his shots will miss you.

now punch away & use the jump power to this suit. works like a charm. is one heck of a workout. hope this helps

i'm stuck on what to do next. can only play on xbl wtf. need level 10 & use all suit powers lol.

Last edited by PANIC ATTACK 10; 10-20-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: wrong first suit
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
krok8

krok8's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC ATTACK 10 View Post
i'm stuck on what to do next. can only play on xbl wtf. need level 10 & use all suit powers lol.
Select the Rematch option to increase your XP if you don't want to play online.
krok8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #10
maur1c1o

s1mple maur1c1o's Gamercard
He wasnt that bad i beat him on my 5th attempt and could have done it earlier but he was lucky, the trick is to learn his moves and do not dodge too early always try execute a combo right after dodging one of his super attacks avoid players with hold moves i used scorch x (my favourite) and shadow although volta is another good option also make sure when you facing him you havent been playing already for 2 hours as your speed and reaction will be slower after a few hours of playing (depends on your stamina)i would recomend if you are struggling leave it and try it the next day as you will feel refreshed and energised but the key is your timing and learning the moves pattern know when to strike
Old 10-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
PANIC ATTACK 10

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by krok8 View Post
Select the Rematch option to increase your XP if you don't want to play online.
thanks would have been nice if they made a vs mode. also the tourney mode should have been online too.

the game overall is awesome. but lacks replay value offline.

i dont mind online, just cant find any matches . guess i scared everyone off,lmao.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #12
ownon

Ownon's Gamercard
Quote:

power = rage

suit 1 = scorge x

suit 2 = volta x

at start you jump up & down fast. this causes you to go underground. you come up doing some decent damage.

keep doing the close in fighting until your jump power gauge is filled. then jump up & do it all over again.

when it gets to the 3rd round. he is super nasty. do the dash a few times as he will try to interupt it. ignore any dodging warnings. his shots will miss you.

now punch away & use the jump power to this suit. works like a charm. is one heck of a workout. hope this helps

worked for me on second try, thanks man :]
ownon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What is it with fighting games having cheap bosses? Was happy when i kicked his arse.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
MathGuy42

mathguy42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:

power = rage

suit 1 = scorge x

suit 2 = volta x

Thanks a lot for the idea! One correction: The first suit's name is Shadow X.

I beat Malignance X using this method. I wasn't successful until I reached Level 10 and could use the Stronger Special Attack powerup. I'm sure with more practice on when to dodge and when to attack, I could have done it earlier, but I thought I might as well wait since I was going to grind to Level 10 anyway. I beat him my 2nd try with the new powerup.

I also found that using Shadow X's second attack (the sword slice) was also helpful and didn't seem to put me in danger. Maybe I just got lucky though. I never switched to my second suit or used the first attack.
MathGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #15
PANIC ATTACK 10

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGuy42 View Post
Thanks a lot for the idea! One correction: The first suit's name is Shadow X.

I beat Malignance X using this method. I wasn't successful until I reached Level 10 and could use the Stronger Special Attack powerup. I'm sure with more practice on when to dodge and when to attack, I could have done it earlier, but I thought I might as well wait since I was going to grind to Level 10 anyway. I beat him my 2nd try with the new powerup.

I also found that using Shadow X's second attack (the sword slice) was also helpful and didn't seem to put me in danger. Maybe I just got lucky though. I never switched to my second suit or used the first attack.
ya i wasnt to sure about that suits name,lol. so thanks for posting its correct name also thanks for the online matches the other night. was a blast! glad this was of help to you. also thanks for adding your thoughts on powers & paterns.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #16
Roberoo

Roberoo's Gamercard
I think I must have got lucky as I played the whole campaign from start to finish with just one loss (against Malignance X). For me he just stood stock still at the start of both rounds and let me get an ultimate chain off. When he hit, he hits hard though so it was worth dodging a lot.

I found that Necro X was very useful, his 3rd attack prevents your opponent from using any super moves for a short time!
Roberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #17
packers4life12

Cb7tuner91's Gamercard
Dude thank u so much for this method!! It really works plus u can throw Shadow X's sword slash in there to help. Thanks again man