PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Perfect Dark Zero
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-22-2011, 03:59 AM   #31
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Lad View Post
There was an actual glitch back in the day, it involved taking cover by a window in the first guard encampment and ducking in and out of cover in quick succession to clip through a wall.
Right, thanks for that, I had no idea what he was talking about. I'm sure people would be all over that glitch if it were consistent, but as you say it seems very luck based. It's for the best though really, you'll feel better when you conquer the behemoth that is Jungle legit.

Anyway, here is a pic for the headshot achievement that I took today. It's not great, however, until I get a decent capture device or camera, it will need to do. Everyone will run through that doorway to their doom.

One last thing, I'd like to thank 007craft and BeerBaron for their videos.

Last edited by Shelton; 08-22-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Shelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #32
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
Thumbs up

At launch I thought this game was shit, a massive disappointment even. My expectations were shockingly high.

Fast forward to today I play the demo and notice it has local multiplayer, co-op campaign and regular campaign. In the frickin' demo. When you're done you get a funny dataDyne propoganda screen as well... "YOU WILL RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO YOUR FRIENDS WITH GENUINE ENTHUSIASM".

After playing so many shitty regenerating health CoD clones the game is a breath of fresh air! The health regen system this game has is a perfect middle ground between the old school shooters and the new ones. The guns feel unique and have their own roles to play, the game has offline multiplayer with bots, co-op, varying objectives based on difficulty, fairly non-linear levels and the graphics still hold up to this day. The cover system has its place in combat without having the whole game focus on it (Gears).
My only real gripe is going into 3rd person for a 0.5 second combat roll.

I feel bad for not getting into this game at launch but at the time I didn't realise what the future held for FPS games.
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #33
Bellend124

Send a message via MSN to Bellend124

MarvlousBellend's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How do we go about appealing the mods to change the guide on the main home page? This guide is so much better than the piece of shit listed there. All that guide does is tell you common sense. 2 hours MIGHT have gone into the creation of that.

Your guide is so much more helpful. I think I'm going to start working on this game again.
Bellend124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #34
squodge

squodge4's Gamercard
I big thank-you for such a great & detailed guide. I only recently bought an X360, and I remember playing the original of this game on the N64.
squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #35
CienPR

Pelao y Famoso's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide, friend. I'm planning on starting this game again soon .
CienPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #36
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Deleted my 1st post so the guide is now not split in two.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #37
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by squodge View Post
I big thank-you for such a great & detailed guide. I only recently bought an X360, and I remember playing the original of this game on the N64.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CienPR View Post
Thanks for the guide, friend. I'm planning on starting this game again soon .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellend124 View Post
How do we go about appealing the mods to change the guide on the main home page? This guide is so much better than the piece of shit listed there. All that guide does is tell you common sense. 2 hours MIGHT have gone into the creation of that.

Your guide is so much more helpful. I think I'm going to start working on this game again.
You're all very welcome. I will submit the guide once I am done filling in the information for the last four achievements, it should then be placed on the home page. I fixed the roadmap... Let me warn any potential guide writers, DO NOT leave your roadmap to last. At least reserve your first post for the roadmap. I had to do so much moving around of posts, it took me well over an hour to get everything in order. Moving some of the posts caused issues, especially with regards to the videos (some multiplied). I hope I haven't accidentally removed anything important. lol. If anyone sees a mistake or yes, something missing (other than the four achievements I need to fill in), please let me know.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Deleted my 1st post so the guide is now not split in two.
Thanks a lot mate.

Last edited by Shelton; 03-01-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Shelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #38
daveyboy 445

daveyboy 445's Gamercard
This guide really was a big help; not so much because i followed it , but moreso because it comes across as being written honestly and by someone who would have gone thru the struggles of tackling the great beast called perfect dark zero.
Personally I thought the game was(is) a masterpiece. I also think that many of the negative reviews were influenced by the toughness of the game and not because the game was actually bad.
When i first started to play this game i refused to start playing the campaign on agent or secret agent, opting instead for perfect agent cause i thought i was a pretty good gamer. Well i got my tail kicked in short order and had to go back to agent/secret agent to learn the levels properly (lol)
It's not strictly a linear game either......true you are moving from point A to point B but the ways to get there are multiple and A.I does tend to move around according to your actions
daveyboy 445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #39
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Perfect Dark Zero Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #40
ALIAS 4747

ALIAS 4747's Gamercard
I love this game and people give it a lot of crap lol. I feel like it would take longer that 50hrs to 1000G I put 100s and still not 1000G it.
ALIAS 4747 is offline   Reply With Quote