PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
chrisk62

QPRs No1 Fan's Gamercard
Question Resident Evil 5 Server shutdown ?????

Ok, Ive heard rumours that the servers for Resident Evil 5 are about to close very soon. Ive searched recent threads on here and found no news about it when googling the internet so does anyone know if this is true or not?

I was planning on buying the game but i'm a completionist and aim to get every achievement for every game that i play so if it's going to be impossible to get 1400G on this game soon then i will give the game a miss.

Any info from anyone on the future of the game's servers would be really helpful, thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
They're not going to shut down anytime soon. Whoever gave you that impression is full of it.

And since I'm posting, I'll throw in that refusing to play a great game because of something so trivial is idiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-14-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
chrisk62

QPRs No1 Fan's Gamercard
They are apparently shutting down for numerous reasons, the servers are too quiet nowadays and Operation Raccoon City is almost released being the main reasons. This is what ive heard from 2 different people so wondering is they really are shutting down soon.

Ive already played Resident Evil 5 on PS3 and yeah it's a good game but in my opinion it's not as good as Resident Evil 4 so how is it idiotic that i'm avoiding the game on the 360 if 100% completion is unatainable?
Old 02-15-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
jtbrig7390

Send a message via Yahoo to jtbrig7390

jtbrig7390's Gamercard
well its feb 14th i am playing it now and 4 achievements from 70/70 so far i havent heard anything about servers going down. i dought they will but who knows EA droped them on army of two but that was cause it went dead right now a decent amount of people still play RE5 online. if they do i see them doing it maybe a month or 2 after ORC comes out.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
chrisk62

QPRs No1 Fan's Gamercard
Thanks for the feedback 'jtbrig7390'. The rumours seem to be about the VERSUS MODE, but obviously not true if people are currently playing it online.

Picking the game up tomorrow, 1400G here i come
Old 02-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
jtbrig7390

Send a message via Yahoo to jtbrig7390

jtbrig7390's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk62 View Post
Thanks for the feedback 'jtbrig7390'. The rumours seem to be about the VERSUS MODE, but obviously not true if people are currently playing it online.

Picking the game up tomorrow, 1400G here i come
well i been playing it on versus don't get me wrong im not saying there isnt some truth to the rumor but for right now there up im trying to finish out my last 4 achievements and if they do shut them down it will also shut down the co-op part as well. i dont see them shuting them down for at lease 1 month after ORC comes out....but i could be wrong
Old 02-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
DeltaKappaEcho

DeltaKappaEcho's Gamercard
Only EA servers get shut down on Xbox (EA is in charge of their servers as opposed to Xbox) or certain sports titles (to create more popularity for the yearly releases). PS3 servers are done by GameSpy so they COULD but they won't be, either. This series is not a sports title and Capcom knows RE is one of the biggest franchises it has. They would never shut down one of the games servers for a different entry as each new game releases gives more reason for people to play/buy the previous entries as well. Whomever told you this was VERY incorrect.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
MoldyClay87

Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
They did shut down the servers for Outbreak on the PS2, though. Even in Japan.

But those servers lasted for several years. RE5 is only 2 years old, and Gold Edition is only a little over a year old. If they shut the servers down, it won't be soon.

100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #9
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyClay87 View Post
They did shut down the servers for Outbreak on the PS2, though. Even in Japan.

But those servers lasted for several years. RE5 is only 2 years old, and Gold Edition is only a little over a year old. If they shut the servers down, it won't be soon.
Resident Evil 5 is 4 years old.

all i know is me and some friends need to hurry up and finish whatever online achieves are left.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
KIRBER

kirber's Gamercard
I follow several sites that tend to release things like this and this woulsd be the first that I have heard of this. That being said, if anyone needs help with the online achievements send me a message and I would be glad to offer any assistance.

GT:KIRBER
KIRBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:44 AM   #11
Prime4

H2O HugsNKisses's Gamercard
I hope not, I still need three versus achievements..
Prime4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
ZeroUltimatum

ZeroUltimatum's Gamercard
There are still many games much older than Resident Evil that's servers are still up. o_o I swear I was playing Prey online a little less than 4 months ago, and that game came out near release of the damn 360 console! Not like there were A LOT playing it, it was me and a few friends. But they better not shut down the RE5 servers D: I still got 3 cheevos left that I'm gonna get back to!
ZeroUltimatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
Colby

iRush God's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Resident Evil 5 is 4 years old.

all i know is me and some friends need to hurry up and finish whatever online achieves are left.
Actually Resident Evil 5 has been out for 3 years and a couple months
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:51 AM   #14
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
Actually Resident Evil 5 has been out for 3 years and a couple months
Lol, i thought it was March 2008. yup 3 years is still old to me. anyways i have completed this game on May 2nd. and im glad i never have to put this game back in my xbox, well.... unless i feel like i miss playing it again for fun.

Last edited by Annalie; 05-21-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote