PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate
Batman: Arkham City
Quick links
Latest news
Feb 06, 2014 Batman: Arkham City Dev To Reveal New Game Next Month?
Mar 28, 2013 Batman: Arkham Origins Rumoured for Next-Gen E3 Reveal
Mar 02, 2013 Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale Day 5 Includes Borderlands 2, Fable III, Portal 2 and Arkham City
Feb 12, 2013 New Batman: Arkham Title Confirmed For This Year
Jan 14, 2013 Warner Bros. Register Several Batman Arkham Universe Domains

View Poll Results: Which did you like better? Batman Arkham Asylum or Batman Arkham City?
Arkham Asylum 66 38.82%
Arkham City 104 61.18%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #31
SpyTip

Gamertag: Smooth Wrecker
I think with all the combat and predator rocksteady ran out of ideas AC just have to many add ons all involved with combat/predator challenges. .Catwoman story wasnt even a story more like a side mission
Old 03-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #32
Axel 360

Gamertag: axelquatripolar
City for me it is. I love free roaming feature in anygame, and in Asylum that didnīt exist, there was just backtracking to find riddlerīs stuff. The first game, to me, was too much strict on how you play and most of the time youīre in close spaces. While it was a great game no doubt, those things arenīt appealing to me at all.

Now, free roaming, side missions and leveling systems? You got me there bro, thatīs what I mostly hope for every single game this days.

Also, more comic related stuff, more villains, a deeper view of Batmanīs universe and complex riddlers and puzzles from the villain to solve ending on a real confrontation. The game is a win and I will considerer even better if it wasnīt for campaing medals, bad DLC policy and that it feel a short game story wise if you focus on that and forget about secondary objectives.
Axel 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #33
Mysterygrimms

Arkham City by a wide margin. Better environments, better use of gadgets, originally in AA and the new gadgets added in this game. Better combat controls. Gliding and Dive bomb is just super fun. The addition of Catwomen and controlling her (I almost like controlling her better then Batman, almost). Jokers (Mark Hamill's voice over) performance, was the best ever done, in video game history. Period. The Riddler and his trophies are great too. I'm not gonna find all of his trophies though (Screw that). Loved AA, I just prefer AC a bit more. We are talking a 9.5 vs 9.0 difference though. Still wide, but both games are great in their own right!
Mysterygrimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #34
JimCant

Gamertag: JimCant
Both games are awesome

I still liked Asylum better but lets hope there is going to be a 3rd installment. I would love to see them at Bruce Wayne's Manor and then the Batcave some more.
JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #35
Iceskater101

Gamertag: iceskater101

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't really like to compare either of them because I think they are both great in different ways.
Arkham Asylum was great because it was the first superhero game to be really really good. (well one of the first) and I did really enjoy the story and the Asylum.
Arkham City just added on to that. I like how it wasn't just the joker and they added a lot of new villians to the campaign. I like how they tried to integrate Catwoman and even though I do like playing as Batman better I like that they tried to do something different.
Next game we should be able to play as Robin!
but I voted for Arkham City. I love the free roam its so awesome but wayyyyy to many riddles jeez 400? omg.
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #36
Aquaman6686

Gamertag: Aquaman6686
Arkham City is vastly superior. Arkham Asylum was repetitive and boring, you were constantly backtracking all over one tiny island, seeing the same places over and over and over. But both games have the major flaw of being centered completely around the Joker while every other villain is shoved to the side and made near-pointless.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #37
colt415

Gamertag: colt415

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I like AC a bit more just because it was bigger and you can play as Catwoman.

Credit Goes To Xerofox For The Great Sig
colt415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #38
Aidexx

Gamertag: Aidexx
AA because I like stories that are told in a small environment, but both of them are five star games - except for those annoying challenges.
Aidexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #39
MaseJ

Gamertag: masej
I have only played AA a lil compared to AC but only becos I picked up AC just after it came out. I really enjoyed the AC combat & side quests & I didn't even mind doing the riddler trophies.

Completed:
| Retail: 128 | Arcade/Windows: 91 |

Last Game Completed:
| Retail | WWE 2K16 | (5/11/15) |
| Arcade/Windows | Spartacus Legends | (11/11/15) |

Boosting:
| NBA 2K9 - desperately looking for someone to share viral achievement ... please help! |
MaseJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #40
Kovy88

Gamertag: Kovy88

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   GSL 14 - 2nd Place   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   GSL 13 Winner   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I like the story mode more in Asylum, but overall Arkham City is better. The combat and stealth just kicks so much ass in City, the flying and hand-to-hand combat mechanics are much more refined and polished. They also made the collectible hunt much more exciting in AC with larger puzzle variety and the side missions were fun. The riddler's revenge challenges in AC were a blast, although there were a bit too much medals to beat with 4 different characters. Both amazing games though, really strong in my top 10 favourite 360 games, or City even in all time favourite games.

100k - 24.8.2011 | 200k - 2.12.2012 | 300k - 1.12.2013
| 400k - 24.3.2015 | 500k - 12.3.2016

Shooter gamerscore with XBA calculations: +170,000
Kovy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:08 AM   #41
TheHostileDwarf

Gamertag: TheHostileDwarf
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMP View Post
I Liked Arkham Asylum better than Arkham City. Killer Croc, Scarecrow, Ivy were some of the best Batman moments for me.
I agree with this. The Poison Ivy "level" in Arkham Asylum was great, as were the portions with Scarecrow, as well as the hallucinations in the morgue. Arkham City is a great game and I'm enjoying it, but I couldn't put Arkham Asylum down until I finished it!
TheHostileDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #42
combustible lemon

Gamertag: unsnaggedfive3
this is such a tough question-AC's gameplay feels so much smoother (no mean feat outdoing AA) with the gliding mechanics, improved combat, more gadgets and more enemy types. Also I think although the world is so much bigger, it feels as detailed if not more so than AA.
However in AA all the villains felt they justified their place in the story whilst in AC Two-Face was terribly two dimensional and underdeveloped. I loved the build up to Scarecrows levels in AA but you beat him in the same way every time whilst the hallucination levels in AC were more interesting to play.

AA wins for achievements (although I still havent got the combat gold one) simply because 100% AC is just a chore-play the story twice over, do all side missions twice, get 440 riddler trophies and get arround 300 challenge mode medals and over 400 campaign medals-nooooooooooooooo thankyou
combustible lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #43
JuSt BLaZe

Gamertag: BLAZE VII

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
ARKHAM CITY for sure.

Hotter curves, better gadgets, harder kicks, greater story, cooler graphics and the DLCs are awesome.

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered / Resident Evil 0 HD
Resident Evil: Revelations 1 & 2 / Resident Evil 4, 5, 6
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #44
andy888101

Gamertag: Andy888101

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Arkham City was way better but At least Arkham Asylum Had more closer to it. Hope the new dlc for Arkham City fix that

andy888101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #45
OldTymer72

Gamertag: OldTymer72
I simply love both games - each game his it's own strenghts but all in all 2 of the best games I've ever played.
The games, to me, offers the most allround gaming experience - story, action, graphics etc. I can't get enough of these games.
OldTymer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #46
VectorUSS

Gamertag: XxBlazeEmblemxX
Arkham Asylum I felt had a better story than Arkham City the side missions kind of took attention from the main story but they were fun to do, the fighting mechanics in AC are better than AA, the gadgets in AC better than AA. Overall I choose Arkham City as the better one more variety and plenty to do
VectorUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #47
Montecarlo0216

Gamertag: MonteCarlo0216
I like Arkham city better.
Montecarlo0216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #48
JacuzziiLesbian

Gamertag: JacuzziiLesbian
Both games were great! I just liked AA a little bit more. Probably because when AA came out my expectations were really low. Before that game, superhero games weren't good at all. Except for Spider-man 2. For some reason I really liked that game. Haha.
JacuzziiLesbian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #49
Scrummy64

Gamertag: Scrummy64
I definitely preferred Arkham City, although there are undoubtedly some points which Arkham Asylum hits higher. For example, I didn't like how unexplored a lot of the villains were in AC, which was pretty much inevitable given how many of them there were, whereas AA had fewer and so most of them were much more fleshed out. For example, this may sound odd, but one of the specific things I was disappointed about by the time I'd finished up was how under-used Harley was; seeing as Rocksteady had decided to give her a massive makeover since AA, I figured she would have had a much bigger role to parallel her part in the first game, but she never really does anything - although I guess that's what Harley Quinn's Revenge is set to compensate for
Regardless of the extent of their use, however, AC absolutely hit the nail on the head with the cast of villains, as did AA; Mr. Freeze, the Penguin and, of course, the Joker really shone through, and I'm also a particularly big fan of how the surprise villain turned out to have such a major role in the story (even if him being the final boss seemed a little odd).
Old 05-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #50
InsaneKane87

Gamertag: InSAn3 KAn3

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For me I would have to choose Arkham City. In AA when traveling I found myself getting stuck in areas, like the building where the elevator was broken that was a hassle getting out. Arkham City travel was pure easy and enjoyable. I also really enjoyed all the villains added to AC.

Edit: I have to add more to my statement because again after playing both over the recent weekend, I realized how different the combat feels. In AA it doesn't always work so good, you counter but it doesn't counter, in AC it feels so smooth and comfortable. As I mentioned above, replaying AA story over again, getting around is not so easy as it is in AC. They are both great in their own ways.

Last edited by InsaneKane87; 05-22-2012 at 09:31 PM.
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #51
Almsivi

Gamertag: ArmedWithDanger
I liked both a lot, and they had their ups and downs, but I gotta say I enjoyed Arkham City more, mostly because you could glide around in a city-like environment, but also because of the side-missions and the many easter-eggs and references - and also the combat improvement - although both games suffer from not being able to abort a ground-takedown while someone is about to strike you Perhaps something they will change for a sequel?
Almsivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #52
fiber2501

Gamertag: fiber2501
I liked AA better story wise then AC in my opion. I also agree that it seemed in AC that they tried to focus on to much without much Back Story to it. I know they released the prequel comic but it still didnt seem like it was enough. I really loved AA and AC just didnt compair in my eyes. Even if AC had better gameplay an graphics I stand by my word on AA being better!
fiber2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #53
Darkforce412

Gamertag: darkforce412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
AA was way better imo
i dont see how i mean it was pretty dark game but theirs something in ac that u cant do in aa and that is free roaming and side missions, that was the big thing which made the game much better then aa. Not only that but their was much more drama in it too and more gadgets, not to mention the combat system has also improved. so ac beats aa all the way, u just cant compare it. i know someones going to reply to me and say im being rude but im just spreading the truth thats all.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #54
Kryxx

Gamertag: Kryxx 07
Both great games. I like the story in AA more, but like AC more, overall. I absolutely love the combat in both, but it was refined nicely in AC.
Kryxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #55
ChainGrave

Gamertag: ChainGrave
The Combat in AC is alot better, but on the whole I didn't think the side missions were very good, I don't see why every developer has to try and make thier game a "sandbox" game, AA was awesome as well as being linear
ChainGrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #56
JimCant

Gamertag: JimCant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainGrave View Post
The Combat in AC is alot better, but on the whole I didn't think the side missions were very good, I don't see why every developer has to try and make thier game a "sandbox" game, AA was awesome as well as being linear
I agree with you on this. Not everything has to be a sandbox game....I did like some of the side missions but some of them were really hard to trigger. I liked the new weapon additions in AC but I loved the AA campaign. I cant see myself playing AC again (I will never do the 2.0 Plus game part) but I will def. play AA again and again.

JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #57
severed360

Gamertag: severed360
I didnt like AC at first, but it grew on me... I think with the first game most people didnt have such high expectations and were able to look past imperfections(like how u fight the same type of boss over and over again and yet joker and bane were just the same as the rest of them...) but with AC everybodys expectations were sky high.

I felt they did a great job on giving us a full fledge city, i liked scaling the talls buildings. but its really the boss battles that shined in AC in my opinion, it was a lot less repatitive... i just wish it had more

but i think its stupid to say one is better then the other bcuz they are 2halfs of the same whole... they are 1 story combined and should not be played without playing both (IMO)... and for the people saying "freeroaming was better in AA or AC" the free roaming was setup exactly the same in both games, one just had more tall buildings to climb around on... both games had an "outer explorable world" with about 6-7 main places for you to go... AC just had more side missions

Last edited by severed360; 08-21-2012 at 01:30 AM.
severed360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #58
severed360

Gamertag: severed360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainGrave View Post
i liked the side missions a lot, i do agree theres way too many open world games but i think thats how a superhero game should be and this is the first one to actually do a good job at expanding upon the formula (its almost like they took assassins creed and made it 1000x better and that series was already pretty decent)... but...

I hate how people call games linear, very few games have pulled off a decent non-linear story correctly but... both AA and AC have a great "free roam" while STILL BEING LINEAR... thats BOTH GAMES im saying have done a great job with there free roaming, theres nothing wrong with how each game is setup but despite them being "open world" the main story is still 100% linear... for BOTH GAMES there setup exactly the same, just AC has side missions which everybody seems to be making a big deal out of since there "notn-linear"... but if this game was purely hallways then none of us would like it!

Just bcuz a game is free roam or open world doesnt mean its not still linear, non-linear games allow you to play the story OUT OF ORDER... thats not possible in this game except side mission, your confusing "linear" for being the opposite of free roam and thats just not the case. the side missions just made the world feel more lively which is something that AA could have used a little more of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCant View Post
I cant see myself playing AC again (I will never do the 2.0 Plus game part) but I will def. play AA again and again.
WHY???

Last edited by severed360; 08-21-2012 at 01:43 AM.
severed360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #59
Sinful Samhein

Gamertag: Sinful Samhein
Arkham Asylum for sure. I love the open world in Arkham City better, but there were honestly way too many riddles and challenge maps. Granted I did most of the work, but still. I had other games to play last fall.
Sinful Samhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #60
acoustic can

Gamertag: elyKn
I really enjoyed being able to play through the AC story with the Batman Beyond skin, but - other than that - I liked them equally.
acoustic can is offline   Reply With Quote