Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #91
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Someone tell me what the hell did we learn from FACT FINDER!!?!?!?!? An enemies monstrous origin?? What enemy were they talking about? I just remember killing a bunch of mutated Ardat Yakshi turned Banshee. Is this the enemy? If so, thats lame. Why wont they explain why the Reapers look like cuttlefish?
Old 03-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #92
chicken10der

'Master and Commander' has no defined number yet (why it's not in the achievement description itself is beyond me), but it is based on the Effective Military Strength (total x readiness). The number seems to be somewhere around 3500-4000, and the achievement will unlock when you press A to land at the Illusive Man's base. I ended with 3328 after doing every mission and planet scan and didn't get it. There is one report of someone getting it without playing any MP (thus a readiness of 50%) and that was only with never making any 'kill' decisions/actions throughout all 3 games, including DLC for all 3 games as well (for example, not killing the villain from the ME1 'Bring Down the Sky' DLC is the only way to get the Batarian fleet as a war asset in ME3, and you have to save the Rachni queen in ME1 to get their full war asset as well)
chicken10der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #93
firehawk12

firehawk1234's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken10der View Post
'Master and Commander' has no defined number yet (why it's not in the achievement description itself is beyond me), but it is based on the Effective Military Strength (total x readiness). The number seems to be somewhere around 3500-4000, and the achievement will unlock when you press A to land at the Illusive Man's base. I ended with 3328 after doing every mission and planet scan and didn't get it. There is one report of someone getting it without playing any MP (thus a readiness of 50%) and that was only with never making any 'kill' decisions/actions throughout all 3 games, including DLC for all 3 games as well (for example, not killing the villain from the ME1 'Bring Down the Sky' DLC is the only way to get the Batarian fleet as a war asset in ME3, and you have to save the Rachni queen in ME1 to get their full war asset as well)
Strangely, if you don't play BDtS, you can still get the Batarian fleet.

Still, I haven't seen people with more than ~3500 EMS at the end of the game. I had 3503 and didn't get the achievement until I played some multiplayer.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #94
Adam Miller

Send a message via MSN to Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quick romance question.

If i didn't visit Ashley first before going to the council but did it straight after, have i missed my chance?

I romanced her in ME1 and Miranda in ME2.
Adam Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #95
CyclopSW

CyclopSW's Gamercard
Anyone know whats the quickest way of getting the 'Veteran' achievement for killing 5,000 enemies?
CyclopSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #96
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Does anyone know what missions you have to complete for the Unwavering achievement? Is it just the main story missions and the N7 missions, or do you have to do all those pointless sidequests too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopSW View Post
Anyone know whats the quickest way of getting the 'Veteran' achievement for killing 5,000 enemies?
Multiplayer.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #97
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopSW View Post
Yeah I'd also say MP is the fastet way so far. After my first run (Normal) and now on my second run (Insanity - half way through) I managed to get 4200 Kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
Does anyone know what missions you have to complete for the Unwavering achievement? Is it just the main story missions and the N7 missions, or do you have to do all those pointless sidequests too?
Here you go:

--> Unwavering Thread (Click for link!)

Ps.: Your GT is just epic!

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #98
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Yeah I'd also say MP is the fastet way so far. After my first run (Normal) and now on my second run (Insanity - half way through) I managed to get 4200 Kills.

Here you go:

--> Unwavering Thread (Click for link!)

Ps.: Your GT is just epic!
Thanks! The list will come in handy, I just started my Insanity playthrough today.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #99
grimut

grimut's Gamercard
Sounds hard
grimut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #100
Tsuarn

Tsuarn's Gamercard
i got 100% readiness and Defender did not pop.

gonna do some singleplayer maybey for some freakish reason it takes a while for it to register or something
Tsuarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #101
Chupacabra77

Chupacabra77's Gamercard
For the Veteran achievement, this should help. I got about 2000 kills in a little over an hour.

Chupacabra77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:06 AM   #102
gundamcreed7

Assassiness7's Gamercard
got to love that MP achievements also being possible in solo

and whats with people saying that the insanity is harder then ME2 it's way easy
gundamcreed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #103
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Question on Battlescarred... if you import an ME3 character for promotion, what happens to that character? Are they reduced to level 1? Do weapons transfer? Thanx

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:05 AM   #104
ChosenOne

SlayingADragon's Gamercard
Just had my achievement progress reset...cool thanks Bioware. Luckily I'm still pretty in in the game, but still....this is so frustrating. I think some of the achievements are now locked out. I wonder if other ones like importing my character got glitched too.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #105
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
Sky High

I've seen a lot of descriptions for this one and it seems that you would have to use biotic powers to lift your enemy off their feet somehow........

Not exactly true. I have been an engineer during the campaign and multiplayer. I have not used a single biotic power (except for squadmates). However, the achievement popped for me when I was in multi-player. I used only overload and/or incinerate!

Don't know if this has been mentioned before. So don't think you need only biotic powers to get this one....just powerful attacks that meet the description.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #106
Sarcastro

BlazingxPaddles's Gamercard
I have my achievement for "Veteran" which entails getting 5000 kills reset.

I was well over 3000, probably closing on 4000. Then, I checked it the other day, at it said 8XX kills! Maybe it had something to do with starting a new career?
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #107
StoRmTr00pEr 25

cant get enough of this game, already missed a few achievements tho.
StoRmTr00pEr 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #108
judge999

judge999's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules the great View Post
Someone tell me what the hell did we learn from FACT FINDER!!?!?!?!? An enemies monstrous origin?? What enemy were they talking about? I just remember killing a bunch of mutated Ardat Yakshi turned Banshee. Is this the enemy? If so, thats lame. Why wont they explain why the Reapers look like cuttlefish?
It's a while since I played but I think we found out the origin of the Banshees,
judge999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #109
Eating Machine

I can not get the Master and Commander achievement to pop and I am not sure why not.

My Total Military Strength is well over 20,000 and my readiness rating was at 75% when I entered the Cerberus Headquarters.

I was wondering if there are still glitches and bugs for these achievements or am I missing something.
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #110
alexthelion32

alexthelion32's Gamercard
Has anyone got any tips for the "hijacker" achievement. seems real simple but still haven't got it - always end up killing atlas
alexthelion32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #111
Shakes

Shakes21Gators's Gamercard
Loved It

I really enjoyed the Overall game play... Challenging but you were still able to put the time in and get all the achievements... Not enough games are like that... you required to do more online game playing then over all achieve...
Shakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #112
Shakes

Shakes21Gators's Gamercard
HIjacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthelion32 View Post
Has anyone got any tips for the "hijacker" achievement. seems real simple but still haven't got it - always end up killing atlas

I would suggest... it on easy or casual... i know if you still have the last mission... there is two that you will go against ... one with soldiers and one without... put your squad behind a barrier so they cant shoot at him... and make sure the sheild is down... aim only at the Glass... then when it finally breaks... get a head shot... the life of the mech will be low... if u dont get it... just reload that lvl
Shakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #113
gumidek

gumidek 73's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Maleval View Post
I've seen a lot of descriptions for this one and it seems that you would have to use biotic powers to lift your enemy off their feet somehow........

Not exactly true. I have been an engineer during the campaign and multiplayer. I have not used a single biotic power (except for squadmates). However, the achievement popped for me when I was in multi-player. I used only overload and/or incinerate!

Don't know if this has been mentioned before. So don't think you need only biotic powers to get this one....just powerful attacks that meet the description.
Is there anyone who could confirm which power exactly counts for Sky High when playing as an engineer class ?
gumidek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #114
Talska86

Talska86's Gamercard
Play it now
Talska86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #115
nia333

StormyC93's Gamercard
Out of all three of the ME games I think this is probably the easiest one to complete.
nia333 is offline   Reply With Quote