PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #91
Steam Commissar

Steam Commissar's Gamercard
After hours of play, more deaths than I can count, and a potential aneurysm, I managed to make it to the disk swap, then saved in Chapter 9 before the room with the stalkers. Good thing, too. They managed to kill me a record 8 times in a row.

Saved again before the drill ride, and barely even needed my third save.

By the way, I heartily recommend a fully upgraded alt-fire contact beam for the elevator in the mine. Slashers drop from the sky, and one alt-fire is enough to stasis and smash pretty much anything. Fun times!
Steam Commissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #92
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
So bad, i died in the train sequence as i got one hit killed by a door...lol

It is ridiculous, i can hardly make it through the first tripod and, after i did so i went to the appartment area and got killed by a slasher although hitting A as prompted...i need to stay away for a while...

...made it rather easily to the coffin kinda machine after the Basilika and guess what...i hit the opening system with stasis (at least i thought so) and as i was about to get through i lost my head...i think i won't do this whole stuff again...

Wow, another great death, this time by those screaming armbombing necros, it was right before the trash system. Stepped away and played Zealot first, this is a cakewalk compared to Hardcore...

Okay, i think i should get the most stupid player award...i finally made it to Level 5 and saved...then decided to go on and give it a try...made it to Level 8 and died pretty stupid...i then went to sport and forgot that my Box turns off automatically after 1 hour...now i have to start from 5 again

Last edited by Tommy Gun 81; 01-25-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Tommy Gun 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #93
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gun 81 View Post
So bad, i died in the train sequence as i got one hit killed by a door...lol

It is ridiculous, i can hardly make it through the first tripod and, after i did so i went to the appartment area and got killed by a slasher although hitting A as prompted...i need to stay away for a while...
Definitely got killed by the door too, I thought the right one went first..... nope. glad somebody else got rolled by the train sequence.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #94
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Chapter 15, when you have to press "A" to remove the "arrows" from your body, I pressed A but probably not enough because I was looking at IRC at the same time

Anyway, I restarted from my checkpoint (Chapter 12) and finished the game in ~1 hour.

Last edited by davhuit; 02-07-2012 at 12:07 PM.
davhuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #95
danski46

danski46's Gamercard
chapter 10 in the room where you have to hack a panel & fight multiple slasher/puker/exploder enemies, got talking to a mate on xbl & turned the tv down, never heard the exploder scream... BOOM
danski46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #96
oli90

An hour and a half in, on chapter 5, just disabled the gravity tethers, flew up to the hole in the ceiling and the door closed on me without warning slicing my torso in half.
Fuck.
oli90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #97
cloud72

cloud72's Gamercard
just finished my hard to the core play through! wow what an INTENSE way to play the game....my last save was at chapter 12 so those last few chapters had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! anyway, embarassing deaths include smashing into debris during the ejection sequence, not noticing a bunch of swarmers and having to rapidly tap A to try and get them off while a brute charged me and the worst of all: getting past the drill ride sitting back to relax for a second and brushing the disc tray button with my leg...DAMN YOU NEW XBOX DISC TRAY BUTTON!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #98
oli90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud72 View Post
just finished my hard to the core play through! wow what an INTENSE way to play the game....my last save was at chapter 12 so those last few chapters had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! anyway, embarassing deaths include smashing into debris during the ejection sequence, not noticing a bunch of swarmers and having to rapidly tap A to try and get them off while a brute charged me and the worst of all: getting past the drill ride sitting back to relax for a second and brushing the disc tray button with my leg...DAMN YOU NEW XBOX DISC TRAY BUTTON!
I just finished as well, with my last save being near the end of chapter 11; my heart nearly exploded doing the eye machine.
I nearly left my xbox after I beat the final boss, lucky I didn't as I forgot there was another 'press A not to die' sequence afterwards. I would have been pretty pissed off if I had to re-do everything because of that.
oli90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #99
Importz2k1

SupremeNacho3's Gamercard
My first playthrough, I couldn't get past the first boss (tripod) so I saved on chapter one. (dumb) second save chapter 5, and third save chapter 9. Made it all the way to the end and was a few shots away from destroying the marker and my head got ripped off by those little shits! Started from Chapter nine again, died at the same place and the same way again..........Fuck!!!!
Started a whole new game, this time I saved at chapter 5, 10, 13 and died 1 more time at the same place. (3 times a charm I guess) finally finished today! All I could think was "who's your bitch now!"
Importz2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #100
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Finally did it.
Worst Death? Seeing the very first Stasis shot on chapter 1 fly under the necromorph's armpit and having enough time to say "ah no..." before getting insta-merked.

Died on the Stalkers at the end of the Ishimura chapter because I was trying to take them out without using Stasis even though I had plenty of it.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #101
Mr Maniac

/\/\r /\/\aniac's Gamercard
I died throwing a giant puss ball thing at myself! fool!
Mr Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote