PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Braid
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-24-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
garrettskye

Gide0nSkye's Gamercard
Thumbs up Wow.

That's all I can say about this game. There are so many layers to this game that I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight.

Jonathan Blow, if you're out there reading these internets, I applaud you and your team. Excellent!
garrettskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
workbench

workbench's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettskye View Post
That's all I can say about this game. There are so many layers to this game that I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight.

Jonathan Blow, if you're out there reading these internets, I applaud you and your team. Excellent!
agreed mate. it really is incredible. ive been telling anyone who will listen. my girl is so fed up hearing "braid" this "jonathan blow" that.

Last edited by workbench; 08-24-2008 at 10:35 AM.
workbench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It is one of those games that had me thinking about it when I wasn't playing it.

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
Figgsy91
Banned User

Figgsy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It really is fantastic. It's such a basic game but it feels way more complex. I would actually prefer to play this to most games on the 360.

Braid ftw. We want a sequel!
Figgsy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
workbench

workbench's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgsy91 View Post
We want a sequel!
i doubt very much we will get one.

the way i read it, hes not even 100% sure if he has the funds to make his 2nd game without having to get a RL job. it cost him 180,000 to make this, and having sold only 55,000 at time of writing he wasnt 100% sure if the figures would work out, 3-4 yrs of development and 180,000 of his own money, he probabaly needs to sell 200,000 copies to be guaranteeed of a stable future.

he also said it himself there are no plans for new maps or a sequel for this project. and if u ask yourself, what story is there to continue. if u start elaborating on the more ambiguous bits of braid, it may well ruin the mystique. u arent meant to have a conclusion or an explanation.

workbench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #6
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Yeah this is easily the best Live Arcade game I have ever played

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 187
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
shiningcheese

Send a message via AIM to shiningcheese

ShiningCheese's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
This game is amazing. I DL and started playing while I was under the influence of a certain substance (its organic dammit) and I thought I was just out of it. A game couldn't be this simply complex and amazing. The time travel and the other 'time' abilities throughout the game are just so amazing. I restarted the game with a clearer head and I was even MORE amazed at it sober. I think Jonathan Blow needs to get a grant of money from a major publisher and keep making games with a tiny studio. I would love it if he were the more innovative Ninja Bee. In that respect I mean he keeps making XBLA games that are this deep. I want to start a thread about this game and its story and what it really means. i have my own theories.
shiningcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #8
KSizzle

KSizzle BW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Man I just bought this game last night and im hooked....its pretty badass...worth the 1200 pts IMO
Old 10-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #9
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
All I can say is brilliant. I have not played a game in my sleep since Tetris came out in the 80's. Downloaded when I got home from work last night and could not put it down until 2:00am.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #10
Fox334

Fox334's Gamercard
Honestly, this game should be mandatory gaming. The level design is clever, the graphics are amazing, the music is great and, more importantly, they are no games out there that are quite like Braid. A game that is so original deserves to be played by everyone, IMHO.
Fox334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #11
MothMan

xx mothman xx's Gamercard
I agree with everyone else who has posted above me. This game just doesnt get the credit it deserves though. I've told everyone I know, but no one takes interest. Today's gamers need to be more willing to take chances; with rewards like Braid, taking a chance is well worth it.
MothMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #12
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This game rocks! Better than most retail games out even. I only wish this game had 50 worlds instead of 6. :/

Any chance of this game being expanded with dlc?
Old 03-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #13
Killer66250

Iguaina's Gamercard
Great game, level 1 really was a gaming highlight.

3rd In The UK To 200/200 In Uno Rush, 13th In The World.
Killer66250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #14
II Ted II

Quote:
Originally Posted by workbench View Post
i doubt very much we will get one.

the way i read it, hes not even 100% sure if he has the funds to make his 2nd game without having to get a RL job. it cost him 180,000 to make this, and having sold only 55,000 at time of writing he wasnt 100% sure if the figures would work out, 3-4 yrs of development and 180,000 of his own money, he probabaly needs to sell 200,000 copies to be guaranteeed of a stable future.

he also said it himself there are no plans for new maps or a sequel for this project. and if u ask yourself, what story is there to continue. if u start elaborating on the more ambiguous bits of braid, it may well ruin the mystique. u arent meant to have a conclusion or an explanation.
when you get the stars in the game you relize that braid "finishes" it self because the whole story is finding the formula for the a-bomb and the SPOLIER

princess is the formula. when you get the stars some of the switches at the end are green and you can get up onto the falling chandeller and when you come close to the princess she turns into 4 bright lights and then expolseds. he finds the a-bomb and then that is the way braid is supposed to finish.
II Ted II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #15
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
The backgrounds and the music on the game quite often took me back to childhood memories of listening to fairytales on cassettes... beautiful game.

Bearded Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #16
xih aceofspades

Spoiler!

my favorite part about braid was the story. i love all the references and allusions pertaining to the creation of th atomic bomb. and at the end where the princess was trying to help u get to her then later trying to prevent u from getting to her. brilliant

EDIT: also the parallelism between the story of the bomb and priness is likewise amazing

Last edited by xih aceofspades; 03-25-2010 at 11:22 PM.
xih aceofspades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #17
Rudol

Rudol's Gamercard
Loved the game, really.
Rudol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #18
The Daddy

the daddy 2005's Gamercard
a stunning game - absolutely brilliant!

100% Retail (22) - including
Batman Arkham Asylum - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - L.A Noire - Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - WWE All Stars

100% Arcade (8) - including
Monkey Island 1 - Monkey Island 2 - Beyond Good and Evil
The Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #19
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
its probably THE best game on xbla. for 1200 points you get your moneys worth for once. SUPPORT THE GAME! GET YOUR FRIENDS TO BUY IT THE DEVELOPERS DESERVE RECOGNITION!!!!
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:52 AM   #20
Smokiiz

Smokiiz's Gamercard
Loving it so far.
I love a puzzle game that is challenging, but not so hard that I need the internet for it evey 5 minutes.
This game reminded me of Portal in that way.
Brilliant game.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #21
jonmaxx

BuB Danger's Gamercard
Agreed!

I finally bought the game after it sat in the back of my mind for a while. I'm SOOOO happy I did.. but the game is way too short! Hopefully one day in the future, there will be a sequel or another game similar to this. It was a very enjoyable play! I'd highly recommend it with everyone else on this board.

jonmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #22
KneehighPark

kneehighpark's Gamercard
This game is truly remarkable.
KneehighPark is offline   Reply With Quote