PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Warp
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-18-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
TechNoir

TechNoir3D's Gamercard
Game Breaking Issue - WARNING

*Minor Spoiler*
I have just gotten to the section of the game where you work your way back to where the game starts. All of the doors and walls here are the thick ones you cannot warp through. Must use your swap ability with barrels and one turret to progress.

I got to an area where there are several power cores surrounded by inhibitors (the blue walls) and could not work out how to solve this issue.

In the "help" section it advises that turrents can go through inhibitors, so i back tracked and used swap many times to get the turrent from earlier on a conveyor belt that travels through one of the inhibitors.

The turret is now on the conveyor belt but does not move (possibly they only move in their little slits in the ground), so this did not help me.

So i back tracked some more looking for a different way around. There isn't one.

However, now I cannot move forward because the game will not generate a new turret (from those holes they come out of) because, technically, the other turret is not destroyed, it is sitting where i left it (on the conveyor belt.

I have trapped myself at the start of this level, as there is now nothing to swap with on the other side of the thick wall im at. Which, I should mention, happens to have a checkpoint on it.

I am going to have to start a new game because of this.

Very dissapointing.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
Don Jose

Don Jose's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was at a point where I had thought I screwed something up also, but ended up finding a way through it.

Is it possible to blow yourself up somewhere to reset the checkpoint?
Old 02-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #3
TechNoir

TechNoir3D's Gamercard
I don't think so, I have been killing everyone, but, ironically, there was one guy that got blow up onto the black area (non game area) of the screen.

He shot me and that didn't help, and i went and jumped into some laser, that didn't help.

I think the biggest problem, in my case at least, is that it re-checkpoints after a while, when you back track. So it leaves you the option to accidently screw yourself over if you make a mistake.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:16 AM   #4
Apotheosis

Prelapsarian's Gamercard
IF i knew where exactly this was i would help but i can't imagine in my head the spot you are talking about. Why not blow up the turret?
Apotheosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #5
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
^^

That'd be the best option, I think. I always thought there were spots you couldn't make it through, but I always either figured out a way forward, or found the correct way to backtrack.

If you really are stuck, the good thing is that the game only takes about an hour, once you learn all of the puzzles. After 3 playthroughs, I'm (currently) 12th on the leaderboards for time. Should be 11th, since the guy in 2nd somehow has a fast time, but absolutely NO gamerscore for ANY game. >=/

Still, if you absolutely must restart, just remember how to pass certain rooms, and rush through it all (or, stop and get all the collectibles, now that you likely have a better understanding of when and how to get them all).

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #6
Don Jose

Don Jose's Gamercard

I agree with the others, why not blow the turret up?

The only spot that sounds familiar to the area you are describing should re-spawn a turret if you destroy the one that doesn't work.

Like Apotheosis said, it's hard to help, without knowing exactly where you are in the game.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #7
TechNoir

TechNoir3D's Gamercard
Yeah, its a pain. I would have liked to screen shot for you guys but i don't know how to do that

I couldn't blow up the turret cause i couldn't get back to it after i trapped myself. I have restarted at this point, and as Ravenhood points out, I'm now much better at the game and it did not take long at all.

It just unfortunate that in games of this nature (puzzle games with warping, portals, etc), it can be possible to trap yourself if your not careful.

I was pretty annoyed when i made that post, but im playing again now and its still awesome.

I mainly made mention of it for the short fuse gamers out there for which this would probably be a deal breaker. This games really great (as are most of this years "House Party" releases, cant wait for "I am Alive") and it would be a shame to let this stop you from completion.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
Even without a screenshot, I'd like to know where this room is, 'cause after having finished it 3 times, one in 1 hour 7 minutes, and getting all of the achievements, I'd like to see where you got stuck to see if I can figure out some solution from the situation you were in.

Do you know which of the 4 floors it was on? Which side of the floor (north, east, south, west)?

That aside, it's good to see you're still enjoying it. I do agree, though, it's irritating to find portions that force your hand.
At one point, I found that I couldn't progress a specific way to reach one of my final grubs (heading east from the room the telepathic alien was trapped in), and no amount of warping and swapping would allow me to reach the other side (all the barrels I could reach ended up in the gap between the main portion of the room and the eastern door), so I ended up having to backtrack through literally half of the base just to reach the elevator that would let me reach that side without traveling through the room.
The room was /possible/ to traverse, just highly improbable, and the only simple solution was to avoid it entirely.

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
Don Jose

Don Jose's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNoir View Post
It just unfortunate that in games of this nature (puzzle games with warping, portals, etc), it can be possible to trap yourself if your not careful.
I just got to one of these spots last night. I accidentally warped to close to a checkpoint and now I'm stuck. Every time I restart I spawn right in front of one of the Elite Guards. I immediately get shot upon spawning. Now I'm having to restart the game, and I was about four or five rooms away from completing it.

Super frustrating.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #10
TechNoir

TechNoir3D's Gamercard
The irony is that I've recently discovered that my original issue might have in fact been a full on bug.

The area where I was stuck is when you return to level 1 (through natural progression of story) in order to try and break out the other alien with your upgraded skills. There is an area where there are 2 power cores both surrounded by inhibitors (blue walls).
This area is not accessible to you but there are conveyor belts traveling through the area.

In my second attempt (after restart) this puzzle if very simple. There is a bomb to send through the conveyor belt. Impossible to miss this. Timing is the only factor.

But during my original play, this bomb could not travel through the inhibitor as intended. Now that i am further along i have encountered this issue again in a different way.

Now I needed to "Launch" a bomb through a doorway, and it works, but if you die and continue, the bomb will not travel through the doorway, it will be knocked back as if there is an inhibitor there (and there once was).

I have to back out into the menu and continue game to get past this issue, and even then, I only get one shot at this, if I die, its back out to the menu again.

Also, DonJose, that sounds very frustrating indeed
Old 02-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #11
kidgarrett

I'm stuck in a totally different place: On Containment Facility, 2nd time around, just when you are about to come acorss these orange mine things on the floorfor the first time - next to the room with a tube slide when a message pops up saying "There's no need to go that way. Explore the area carefully".

I try to head north through a single door, get stuck at a double door and the barrel that was the other side of the double door got blown up by the mine and now I can't get through - gutted!

Anyway else get stuck here too?

How to you log a support call with Trapdoor?!
kidgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #12
Scottcool

scottcool2's Gamercard
I was just attempting a speedrun for the in a rush achievement and had the swap ability suddenly vanish and ruin my run. it wasn't that long after gaining the ability, i had collected swap and exited through numerous rooms and checkpoints using swap all the way, until i got killed just before the first room that swap is used to swap a battery onto a reactor. I then realised that i had a checkpoint seconds before and swap had gone.

It would have wasted 5/10 mins going back and forth to the swap room again so i just restarted, i don't know what would've happened had i returned.

Last edited by Scottcool; 02-26-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Scottcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
Don Jose

Don Jose's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcool View Post
I was just attempting a speedrun for the in a rush achievement and had the swap ability suddenly vanish and ruin my run. it wasn't that long after gaining the ability, i had collected swap and exited through numerous rooms and checkpoints using swap all the way, until i got killed just before the first room that swap is used to swap a battery onto a reactor. I then realised that i had a checkpoint seconds before and swap had gone.

It would have wasted 5/10 mins going back and forth to the swap room again so i just restarted, i don't know what would've happened had i returned.
This actually happened to me as well. Yet another restart on my part.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
Lance Handsome

Lance Handsome's Gamercard
Hi all,

I was really enjoying this game until I encountered a game breaker of my own. Just after I took out the fast alien boss and got the warp launch ability. I head north into another room, launch a barrel at the panel, head through the now open door to the east and progress through the corridor of orange mines.

When I try to warp through the door at the north end of this corridor the entire game freezes without fail every time. Anyone else encounter this? Or know if there's a fix? I've deleted the game and downloaded it again already.

Couldn't find any info about this at all ... frustrating!
Lance Handsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #15
MrAscii

Mr Ascii 65's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidgarrett View Post
I try to head north through a single door, get stuck at a double door and the barrel that was the other side of the double door got blown up by the mine and now I can't get through - gutted!

Anyway else get stuck here too?
I'm in the same spot. There are a couple grubs and a film back there I'd like to get to get 100%.