PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Final Fantasy XIII-2
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
Cobwebbyfir
 
Cobwebbyfir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 235

Cobwebbyfir's Gamercard
Yakshini build

__________________
Cobwebbyfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
phobzy85
 
phobzy85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,072
Send a message via MSN to phobzy85

Phobzy85's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm looking for a decent build to, Yakshini is awesome
__________________


phobzy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
widget624
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486

WidgetV2's Gamercard
I recommend this FAQ for any monster builds
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/619315-f...i-2/faqs/63731


It's Yakshini build

01) First Strike (RL)
02) HP +30% (YL)
03) Defense Maintenance (YL)
04) Resist Elements +30%
05) Rapid Recovery
06) Resilience +40%
07) Magic +35%
08) Resist Physical +36%
09) Resist Magical +36%
10) Feral Speed II

Infuse in this order:
01) Lv01 Munchkin <-- Lv03 Yakshini
02) Lv70 Yakshini <-- Lv01 Munchkin
03) Lv19 Mud Frog <-- Lv33 Caterchipillar
04) Lv19 Mud Frog <-- Lv23 Mewmao
05) Lv19 Mud Frog <-- Lv72 Necrosis
06) Lv19 Mud Frog <-- Lv48 Green Chocobo
07) Lv70 Yakshini <-- Lv19 Mud Frog
08) Lv70 Yakshini <-- Lv22 Tonberry
09) Lv70 Yakshini <-- Lv35 Microchu
10) Lv70 Yakshini <-- Lv01 Gangancagh
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
Cobwebbyfir
 
Cobwebbyfir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 235

Cobwebbyfir's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post
I recommend this FAQ for any monster builds
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/619315-f...i-2/faqs/63731


It's Yakshini build

01) First Strike (RL)
02) HP +30% (YL)
03) Defense Maintenance (YL)
04) Resist Elements +30%
05) Rapid Recovery
06) Resilience +40%
07) Magic +35%
08) Resist Physical +36%
09) Resist Magical +36%
10) Feral Speed II

Infuse in this order:
01) Lv01 Munchkin <-- Lv03 Yakshini
02) Lv70 Yakshini <-- Lv01 Munchkin
03) Lv19 Mud Frog <-- Lv33 Caterchipillar
04) Lv19 Mud Frog <-- Lv23 Mewmao
05) Lv19 Mud Frog <-- Lv72 Necrosis
06) Lv19 Mud Frog <-- Lv48 Green Chocobo
07) Lv70 Yakshini <-- Lv19 Mud Frog
08) Lv70 Yakshini <-- Lv22 Tonberry
09) Lv70 Yakshini <-- Lv35 Microchu
10) Lv70 Yakshini <-- Lv01 Gangancagh
Thanks again
__________________
Cobwebbyfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
phobzy85
 
phobzy85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,072
Send a message via MSN to phobzy85

Phobzy85's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If i wanted to swap something out for Auto-Haste. How would I go about that, really I would want to take something like defense maintenance off or first strike? is that possible?
__________________


phobzy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
Terra Branford
 
Terra Branford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 600
I've got to ask the stupid nooblet question here... can this Yakshini build be used (successfully) on Sazh, to get the most bang for my buck with him? I figure that if I follow steps one through six, and then start feeding these monsters to Sazh, it'd be the same thing... or would I have to "recapture" Sazh a second time or some other weirdness?
__________________
Need something? Private message me [Here].
Want to see my YouTube videos? Click [Here].
I don't use XBOX LIVE anymore, so don't waste your time pinging me outside of the forums.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #7
widget624
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobzy85 View Post
If i wanted to swap something out for Auto-Haste. How would I go about that, really I would want to take something like defense maintenance off or first strike? is that possible?
You can't take off first strike as it is red locked. If you were going to replace an ability for auto-haste rapid recovery is a much better option, especially if you teach your Yakshini -ga versions of protect, shell and vigilance.

Replace Microchu with lvl 41 Schrodinger to get Auto-Haste


Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
I've got to ask the stupid nooblet question here... can this Yakshini build be used (successfully) on Sazh, to get the most bang for my buck with him? I figure that if I follow steps one through six, and then start feeding these monsters to Sazh, it'd be the same thing... or would I have to "recapture" Sazh a second time or some other weirdness?
That exact build won't work with Sazh due to his 4 red locked abilities reducing the amount of free slots. They have a Sazh build in the FAQ I posted above.
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
Pine Reaper
 
Pine Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 292

Pine Reaper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I was going to use this build to fight raspy, but I got bored trying to get another green chocolate. So I gave up and beat him with the Cloudburst build from the same list. Friendly Fire is brilliant to have around :-)
Pine Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #9
Terra Branford
 
Terra Branford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post
That exact build won't work with Sazh due to his 4 red locked abilities reducing the amount of free slots. They have a Sazh build in the FAQ I posted above.
I see, thanks for the head's up there. I'll be using that guide to build a Super Sazh.
__________________
Need something? Private message me [Here].
Want to see my YouTube videos? Click [Here].
I don't use XBOX LIVE anymore, so don't waste your time pinging me outside of the forums.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #10
phobzy85
 
phobzy85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,072
Send a message via MSN to phobzy85

Phobzy85's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the info widget, i'll give that a shot - I use the 2 x atb 50% weapons so I think auto-haste on the buffer upper would be quite handy especially for the harder bosses.
__________________


phobzy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
Terra Branford
 
Terra Branford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 600
So I finally took the plunge and used Sakura Yule's monster guide's "submitted builds" section to power up Sazh. I have to say, I'm happy with it, and thought I would share a modified* version of it with you guys... even if it is a bit of a "necrobump"!

The required monsters are:

Level 45 Sazh (ALL infusions go directly into him NO FILLER monsters required!)
1) Level 63 Yakshini
2) Level 40 Luminus Puma
3) Level 23 Mewmao
4) Level 72 Necrosis
5) Level 48 Green Chocobo
6) Level 3 Yakshini
7) Level 22 Tonberry
8) Level 14 Ceratosaur
9) Level 13 Ceratosaur

Infuse them in the order above. I threw in Yakshini #2 before the Tonberry, because if you try to infuse him without the second Yakshini, you will lose "Defense Maintenance (because it's non-locked rank is lower than it's "Ally KO: Power Surge" Passive), so you need to use the second Yakshini to Yellow Lock Defense Maintenance before you finish. The Ceratosaurs are there to give you the remaining twenty-seven Saboteur monsters required to unlock "Boon".

Do your infusions correctly, and you'll get:

Critical: Haste (Red Lock)
Feral Speed II (Red Lock)
Augment Maintenance II (Red Lock)
Item Collector (Red Lock)
HP +30% (Yellow Lock)
Resist Physical +36% (Yellow Lock)
Defense Maintenance (Yellow Lock)
Resilience +40%
Magic +35%
Resist Magical +36%

The first four Passive Abilities are Sazh's default Red Lock Passives (you can't get rid of them, which is a shame, since you don't NEED "Critical Haste" with his massive amount of HP). It would be nice to at least be able to upgrade Critical Haste to "Auto-Haste", but that doesn't seem possible, and with only six slots to work with, you have to choose wisely.

Using all Potent Crystals in my build, Sazh ended up with 817 Attack (which he'll never use), 892 Magic, and 12,022 HP. He also gains ALL of the Synergist skills available with this build. Infusing a Yakshini at Level 63+ gives you Faithga and Veilga, and infusing that Level 40 Luminous Puma gives you Protectga and Shellga.

Let me know how you guys like this build. It took a lot of studying, trying to figure out how all this junk works, and working around Yellow Locks and Non Locks and Ranks and all that nonsense, but I think I've got it. Enjoy!

*The original build was submitted by a user named "BMSirius". This is a modification on my part, to give Sazh Faithga, Protectga, Shellga and Veilga. This is NOT my original work, all credit goes to BMSirius and Sakura Yule. I just did a few changes to get the Passive Abilities and Skills I required.
__________________
Need something? Private message me [Here].
Want to see my YouTube videos? Click [Here].
I don't use XBOX LIVE anymore, so don't waste your time pinging me outside of the forums.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:21 AM   #12
widget624
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486

WidgetV2's Gamercard
This is completely unrelated to the topic at hand but not worth creating another over but what are some monsters that could be worth building, necessary the best in their particular role but just others that are worth experimenting with such as a critical health focused Don Tonberry looking to take advantage of perpertual poison or a magic focused Red Chocobo or monsters that are worthy alternatives to the more popular monsters

Last edited by widget624; 04-17-2012 at 03:37 AM.
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:31 AM   #13
Terra Branford
 
Terra Branford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post
This is completely unrelated to the topic at hand but not worth creating another over but what are some monsters that could be worth building, necessary the best in their particular role but just others that are worth experimenting with such as a critical health focused Don Tonberry looking to take advantage of perpertual poison or a magic focused Red Chocobo or monsters that are worthy alternatives to the more popular monsters
Well, there's a lot of discussion going on about the Goblin Chieftain... both as his real role of Sentinel, and as a makeshift Synergist with his Feral Link. There are two builds going on with him already... both of which are pretty solid.

But I would kind of like to see what kind of kicking builds can be made out of some of the "less loved" monsters. Maybe a nice Debris build (since he is the unloved brother of Cloudburst, and DOESN'T gain any Physical magic attacks)... or a Haguma (I'd like to know what his "Esunada" is...) as a dedicated Medic... or maybe the obvious "Cait Sith", since I like putting a hat on that cat.
__________________
Need something? Private message me [Here].
Want to see my YouTube videos? Click [Here].
I don't use XBOX LIVE anymore, so don't waste your time pinging me outside of the forums.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #14
widget624
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
Well, there's a lot of discussion going on about the Goblin Chieftain... both as his real role of Sentinel, and as a makeshift Synergist with his Feral Link. There are two builds going on with him already... both of which are pretty solid.

But I would kind of like to see what kind of kicking builds can be made out of some of the "less loved" monsters. Maybe a nice Debris build (since he is the unloved brother of Cloudburst, and DOESN'T gain any Physical magic attacks)... or a Haguma (I'd like to know what his "Esunada" is...) as a dedicated Medic... or maybe the obvious "Cait Sith", since I like putting a hat on that cat.
Would a Debris build differ from Cloudburst in any way? Stat wise they are very similar, when raised with mana items and the HP +30% passive on them the only difference is Debris has ~2.5k less but halves elemental and physical damage to make up for it.

They have virtually the same feral link, their auto-element passive and fel- abilities are the only other differences.

I suppose the answer to that question would be how you built your cloudburst to being with I suppose. The only thing that would be different is that if you put the two resistance passives on your cloudburst you may choose not to put physical resist +36% on Debris given you only get an extra 18% on top of his natural 50%


How about this for Haguma? I haven't bothered to build a med yet so I have absolutely no prior experience so you may know of better options.


Feral Speed II (RL)
Improved Cure II (RL)
Magic +36%
HP +30%
Resist Elements +30% (to cover up his lightning weakness)
Resist Physical +36%
Resist Magic +36%
Resilience +40%
Critical: Haste
Role Resonance (I use triple MED when I'm using a MED monster so this would increase healing and could be used to increase feral link damage)


Here is my Don Tonberry build, all power to take advantage of the chaser abilities and stopped leveling at level 29 to avoid learning Bonus CP. Suffers from the same problem as Chichu against airborne or launched enemies.

Perpetual Poison (RL)
Attack: ATB Charge II
Siphon Boost II
Critical: Shield II
Critical: Tetradefense
Critical: Haste
Role Resonance
Strength +35%
Critical: Power Surge II
Critical: Bravery

Last edited by widget624; 04-17-2012 at 08:50 AM.
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
Terra Branford
 
Terra Branford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post
Would a Debris build differ from Cloudburst in any way? Stat wise they are very similar, when raised with mana items and the HP +30% passive on them the only difference is Debris has ~2.5k less but halves elemental and physical damage to make up for it.

They have virtually the same feral link, their auto-element passive and fel- abilities are the only other differences.

I suppose the answer to that question would be how you built your cloudburst to being with I suppose. The only thing that would be different is that if you put the two resistance passives on your cloudburst you may choose not to put physical resist +36% on Debris given you only get an extra 18% on top of his natural 50%


How about this for Haguma? I haven't bothered to build a med yet so I have absolutely no prior experience so you may know of better options.


Feral Speed II (RL)
Improved Cure II (RL)
Magic +36%
HP +30%
Resist Elements +30% (to cover up his lightning weakness)
Resist Physical +36%
Resist Magic +36%
Resilience +40%
Critical: Haste
Role Resonance (I use triple MED when I'm using a MED monster so this would increase healing and could be used to increase feral link damage)


Here is my Don Tonberry build, all power to take advantage of the chaser abilities and stopped leveling at level 29 to avoid learning Bonus CP. Suffers from the same problem as Chichu against airborne or launched enemies.

Perpetual Poison (RL)
Attack: ATB Charge II
Siphon Boost II
Critical: Shield II
Critical: Tetradefense
Critical: Haste
Role Resonance
Strength +35%
Critical: Power Surge II
Critical: Bravery
Oh, I had thought you were just after "unloved" and ignored monsters... and Debris, and his bomb cousins aren't given the same love as Cloudburst... but, yeah... I suppose in the end, they're all clones.

Your Haguma build has almost everything I'd suggest... though, I'd maybe skip the "Resilience +40%" and "Role Resonance" abilities. Really, Resilience only helps you against debuffs... and it only takes effect for that monster... so if Haguma (or any Medic, for that matter) is being brought out just to heal... well, it's a wasted slot. You could slip in that "Critical: Tetradefense" instead, which would be handy if the monster slot is at low enough health to trigger it... which would then protect your monster against getting killed, while trying to help heal the team. Now, you might ask: "What about Role Resonance then? Why not include it?!". Simple. You do NOT need more than two Medics out at a time. There is never going to be a battle where Noel and a Medic monster can't heal the team in time to avert disaster. That last slot is better served with "Improved Raise II" (you'll need to TEACH him Raise to begin with, and a good Medic should obviously have a revive ability!).

But in the end, it's up to you. As for Don Tonberry (or even regular Tonberry), I've noticed they suffer from the "Inferior Chichu Syndrome" of being unable to actually CHASE their target into the air... which is a pain in the neck. You already know that Cactuar is the solution to that little problem, so I don't need to remind you.

That said, your build is solid, considering the weaknesses you have to deal with... as Don Tonberry is always losing health to Poison, something has to be done to keep him from being destroyed when his health reaches Critical. I don't know that I would have gone with "Critical: Power Surge II", but I'm not entirely sure if it applies that damage bonus while you're stuck in Yellow/Red health or not. If it does, it might be better to substitute it for HP +30%, to give you a larger stockpile of HP... but, then again, that's just what I'd do. Looks pretty good otherwise, and with a Cerberus-X paradigm, Role Resonance is actually "required" here, to make it shine.
__________________
Need something? Private message me [Here].
Want to see my YouTube videos? Click [Here].
I don't use XBOX LIVE anymore, so don't waste your time pinging me outside of the forums.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #16
widget624
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486

WidgetV2's Gamercard
I skipped Improved Raise II as I think the AI is a little too slow to use raise and I prefer to use phoenix downs for the free shell, protect and wound damage removal. Role Resonance was more a "personal preference/couldn't think of anything else I liked" option. I do like the critical: tetradefense suggestion and could replace role resonance with crit: bravery or faith

I did think about going mana items on the Tonberry which would allow him to consistent damage across all enemies but decided to go in favour of power to gain access to the chaser abilities, that and I didn't find out his jumping weakness until after I'd built him and was too lazy to do it again.

You do need to stay critical for critical: power surge II to activate but I'm a bit of a risk taker so I'm fine keeping him near death, but I wouldn't be recommending it to the masses. I did consider HP +30% instead of critical shield II to increase the crit threshold a little but decided against it given my suicidal tendencies.

He worked pretty good while I was using him to farm mana crystals from Lightning and Amodar just had to make sure I kept the attention off him when I could and I let his Hp drop as low as I could before healing him.

Last edited by widget624; 04-17-2012 at 10:37 AM.
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #17
Terra Branford
 
Terra Branford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 600
Hmmm, well, it sounds like you know what you want, and what you like. I do have to agree that it's smarter (and safer) to just use Phoenix Downs instead of Raise (and that even goes for fully controlled Serah/Noel, since that casting animation takes time).

Your Don Tonberry sounds like a crazy (and maybe, fun) build there... if not that I don't use the Tonberries, for obvious limitation reasons... and because I'm constantly feeding Tonberry to other monsters to help them reach their full potential... I'd mess around with it. Though... my style errs on the side of caution... I don't like to be in the Yellow, because it removes the benefits of Adrenaline on Noel and Chichu, and my Serah didn't get very much health, after maxing out her Crystarium... so I avoid the risk of death, by keeping my HP high, and the damage flowing.
__________________
Need something? Private message me [Here].
Want to see my YouTube videos? Click [Here].
I don't use XBOX LIVE anymore, so don't waste your time pinging me outside of the forums.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #18
Cobwebbyfir
 
Cobwebbyfir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 235

Cobwebbyfir's Gamercard
Ultros or sazh or Yakshini
i use Yakshini
__________________
Cobwebbyfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #19
widget624
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486

WidgetV2's Gamercard
What would people say are the best 10 options for a standard COM assuming no red locked abilities ranked in order of priority. Trying to decide what to put on my Apkallu but can't decide on the final few slots.

I'm thinking
Strength +35%
Attack: ATB Charge II
Siphon Boost II
Role Resonance
Chain Boost Bonus II
Resist Physical +36%
Resist Magic +36%
HP +30%
Feral Speed II

The final slot has my a little stuck, none of them really stand out for me as "must haves".
Auto-Bravery
Resilience +40%
Rapid Recovery
Resist Elements +30%
Gilfinder II

I really wish they would release a DLC monster with a transferable pack mentality.

Last edited by widget624; 04-18-2012 at 12:05 AM.
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #20
Terra Branford
 
Terra Branford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post
What would people say are the best 10 options for a standard COM assuming no red locked abilities ranked in order of priority. Trying to decide what to put on my Apkallu but can't decide on the final few slots.

I'm thinking
Strength +35%
Attack: ATB Charge II
Siphon Boost II
Role Resonance
Chain Boost Bonus II
Resist Physical +36%
Resist Magic +36%
HP +30%
Feral Speed II

The final slot has my a little stuck, none of them really stand out for me as "must haves".
Auto-Bravery
Resilience +40%
Rapid Recovery
Resist Elements +30%
Gilfinder II

I really wish they would release a DLC monster with a transferable pack mentality.
If this build is for Apkallu, specifically, the general concensus is to give him Resist Elements +30%, because of his weakness to Fire and Lightning magic. Everything else looks right. And because ol' Apkallu has a Status Effect granting Feral Link, you will want to recharge it pretty quickly... especially when you want to skip casting Deshell and Deprotect in a hurry on a single opponent with Serah, so you can just slap on Imperil during a Stagger.
__________________
Need something? Private message me [Here].
Want to see my YouTube videos? Click [Here].
I don't use XBOX LIVE anymore, so don't waste your time pinging me outside of the forums.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #21
widget624
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
If this build is for Apkallu, specifically, the general concensus is to give him Resist Elements +30%, because of his weakness to Fire and Lightning magic. Everything else looks right. And because ol' Apkallu has a Status Effect granting Feral Link, you will want to recharge it pretty quickly... especially when you want to skip casting Deshell and Deprotect in a hurry on a single opponent.

Didn't think to check his weaknesses so your covering his lightning weakness is as good a suggestion as any.

Now what do you think for a Nekton? I can't come up with just 10
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:36 AM   #22
Cobwebbyfir
 
Cobwebbyfir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 235

Cobwebbyfir's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post
Didn't think to check his weaknesses so your covering his lightning weakness is as good a suggestion as any.

Now what do you think for a Nekton? I can't come up with just 10
for nekton try this
HP +30% 54 Forked Cat
Magic +35% 22 Tonberry
Attack: ATB Charge II 1 Yeoman
Chain Bonus Boost II 30 Pink Lily
Quick Stagger 19 Fencer or 26 Don Tonberry
Role Resonance get it in Lv. 99
Stagger Maintenance II _20__Zwerg Metro
Feral Speed II 1 Gancanagh
Resist Physical +36% 48 Green Chocobo
Resist Magical +36% 23 Mewmao

Learning Vigor: Feed 3 level 40 Frag Leech to your Ravager
__________________
Cobwebbyfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #23
widget624
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486

WidgetV2's Gamercard
^ I didn't end up needing up needing a Nekton Build, when I asked I didn't realize that the reason why I had 15 moves listed is that I had a couple of abilities listed twice, once that dawned on me I subsequently face palmed at that and the fact that all this thinking was largely unnecessary in the first place as basically all I had to do was copy my Lightning Build with one slight change.

In the end only thing that differed to what you posted was I used Siphon Boost II instead of Feral Speed II.
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:50 AM   #24
Cobwebbyfir
 
Cobwebbyfir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 235

Cobwebbyfir's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post
^ I didn't end up needing up needing a Nekton Build, when I asked I didn't realize that the reason why I had 15 moves listed is that I had a couple of abilities listed twice, once that dawned on me I subsequently face palmed at that and the fact that all this thinking was largely unnecessary in the first place as basically all I had to do was copy my Lightning Build with one slight change.

In the end only thing that differed to what you posted was I used Siphon Boost II instead of Feral Speed II.
Siphon Boost is better but i use nekton feral too much (i like nekton feral link)
and is typhoon a good commando ? or Ultros is he better then Yakshini
now i use Gilgamesh
__________________

Last edited by Cobwebbyfir; 04-18-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Cobwebbyfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #25
Terra Branford
 
Terra Branford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post
Didn't think to check his weaknesses so your covering his lightning weakness is as good a suggestion as any.

Now what do you think for a Nekton? I can't come up with just 10
I only know about Apkallu's weakness, because someone was talking about their build, and how they thought he was actually better than Chichu in some situations... but that he was weak to Fire and Lightning.

As for Nekton... I see you've already done him up... and I've not used him, so I honestly haven't a clue of his weaknesses, strengths, and his Feral Link ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobwebbyfir View Post
Siphon Boost is better but i use nekton feral too much (i like nekton feral link)
and is typhoon a good commando ? or Ultros is he better then Yakshini
now i use Gilgamesh
How's Gilgamesh doing for you? I'm tempted to build him up, with the same standard setup everyone else uses... but I don't suspect he's as good as Apkallu or Chichu. I hope you can prove me wrong.
__________________
Need something? Private message me [Here].
Want to see my YouTube videos? Click [Here].
I don't use XBOX LIVE anymore, so don't waste your time pinging me outside of the forums.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #26
Cobwebbyfir
 
Cobwebbyfir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 235

Cobwebbyfir's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
I only know about Apkallu's weakness, because someone was talking about their build, and how they thought he was actually better than Chichu in some situations... but that he was weak to Fire and Lightning.

As for Nekton... I see you've already done him up... and I've not used him, so I honestly haven't a clue of his weaknesses, strengths, and his Feral Link ability.

How's Gilgamesh doing for you? I'm tempted to build him up, with the same standard setup everyone else uses... but I don't suspect he's as good as Apkallu or Chichu. I hope you can prove me wrong.
i defeat Gilgamesh with Gilgamesh on easy put on normal he kill me but i use alot of potion and i kill him Gilgamesh is coool
__________________
Cobwebbyfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #27
widget624
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Can Gilgamesh jump or does he have to spam ruin against airborne enemies?
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #28
Cobwebbyfir
 
Cobwebbyfir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 235

Cobwebbyfir's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post
Can Gilgamesh jump or does he have to spam ruin against airborne enemies?
no he cant he use ruin but his feral link is coool and he use wound attack
i like him try him
cool build for him
ATK 1402 all power materials
Magic 649 HP 14131
quick stagger RL
Stagger Maintenance II RL
HP +30% YL
Siphon Boost II YL
Role Resonance
Resilience +40%
Auto-Bravery
Resist Physical +36%
Resist Magical +36%
Strength +35%
__________________
Cobwebbyfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #29
widget624
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobwebbyfir View Post
no he cant he use ruin but his feral link is coool and he use wound attack
i like him try him
cool build for him
ATK 1402 all power materials
Magic 649 HP 14131
quick stagger RL
Stagger Maintenance II RL
HP +30% YL
Siphon Boost II YL
Role Resonance
Resilience +40%
Auto-Bravery
Resist Physical +36%
Resist Magical +36%
Strength +35%
Why siphon boost II but not Attack: ATB Charge II? ATB Charge II is pretty much the entire reason why Siphon Boost gets put on everything

I didn't think he would jumping, in which case I think I'll go all potent and put on Magic +36% instead of auto-bravery and Attack: ATB Advantage instead of HP +30% or resilience +40%, although I don't know which just yet, probably replace the latter for increased adrenaline threshold more then anything since he doesn't need the health boost to survive.

I am wondering if all these defensive options are simply excessive and FS II would be a better option then HP+30% or Resilience +40% or to ditch the two resistances given that they only offer +18% boost on Gilgameseh and go both FS II and HP +30%. What do people think?

I'll probably be stopping leveling at level 9 to avoid learning stagger: wound as well.

Last edited by widget624; 04-18-2012 at 07:01 AM.
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #30
Cobwebbyfir
 
Cobwebbyfir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 235

Cobwebbyfir's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post
Why siphon boost II but not Attack: ATB Charge II? ATB Charge II is pretty much the entire reason why Siphon Boost gets put on everything

I didn't think he would jumping, in which case I think I'll go all potent and put on Magic +36% instead of auto-bravery and Attack: ATB Advantage instead of HP +30% or resilience +40%, although I don't know which just yet, probably replace the latter for increased adrenaline threshold more then anything since he doesn't need the health boost to survive.

I am wondering if all these defensive options are simply excessive and FS II would be a better option then HP+30% or Resilience +40% or to ditch the two resistances given that they only offer +18% boost on Gilgameseh and go both FS II and HP +30%. What do people think?

I'll probably be stopping leveling at level 9 to avoid learning stagger: wound as well.
i put HP+30% and defensive options to make Gilgameseh never die and yes my Gilgameseh
quick stagger RL
Stagger Maintenance II RL
HP +30% YL
Siphon Boost II YL
Role Resonance
Resilience +40%
Auto-Bravery----------- and this with feral speed
Resist Physical +36%
Resist Magical +36% ------ i replace this with Attack: ATB
Strength +35%
sorry i just write my old Gilgameseh
__________________
__________________
Cobwebbyfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 AM.