PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #2371
ShawtyTheStokie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23

SMC RiskyShawty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreyMan View Post
You mean in your game stats? It's only the kills in vs mode that count. Not in Horde or Campaign, unfortunately. Are you looking at the weapon kills on the medal progress screen or somewhere else?
on the medals page of the stats screen - i think i understand it now though
__________________
ShawtyTheStokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #2372
TheGreyMan
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 170

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawtyTheStokie View Post
on the medals page of the stats screen - i think i understand it now though
Cool, and sorry for the double answer, some weird delay going on with the update between my email and website… I dunno…
TheGreyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #2373
nyko2000
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 50
Any improovments for wingman, CTL and KOTh idle boosting?

The methods on the first post are very slow
nyko2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #2374
Cruezilla
 
Cruezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 70
Best method for idle boosting skunker with 2 xboxs ? I'm on about 840 at the moment, how long do you reckon it will take to reach onyx ? It's my last onyx medal and one of the worst :/ can't wait to have this done! Cheers guys.
Cruezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #2375
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
just onyxed warzone, now i can be done with that clear cache thing.

anyways, onto koth and ctl, the last ones i need,

are the best settings for koth me vs insane bot
60 sec capture time all weapons disabled still?
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #2376
SuperiorPosture
 
SuperiorPosture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 167

a calico cat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni CEO View Post
just onyxed warzone, now i can be done with that clear cache thing.

anyways, onto koth and ctl, the last ones i need,

are the best settings for koth me vs insane bot
60 sec capture time all weapons disabled still?
Unless you want to win every game, then it's you and a bot against a guest. But yes, that is the fastest that doesn't involve playing or the quitting exploit.
SuperiorPosture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #2377
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorPosture View Post
Unless you want to win every game, then it's you and a bot against a guest. But yes, that is the fastest that doesn't involve playing or the quitting exploit.
no, ive onyxed the win medal already so could care less, thanks.
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #2378
SuperiorPosture
 
SuperiorPosture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 167

a calico cat's Gamercard
Regardless, it's just as fast either way. May as well take the 75 credits times 3,000 towards progress to the Gold Wings. And you can get another 45k XP for 3x onyx on Battle Mistress.
SuperiorPosture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #2379
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorPosture View Post
Regardless, it's just as fast either way. May as well take the 75 credits times 3,000 towards progress to the Gold Wings. And you can get another 45k XP for 3x onyx on Battle Mistress.
Im not going past red 100 which i am already.
no point working towards the same gold wings we already had from the start.

when and if they decide to change them i will
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #2380
SuperiorPosture
 
SuperiorPosture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 167

a calico cat's Gamercard
There is a glitch that has been confirmed where you can't pop S3.0 on Red Wings. Unless Epic issues a patch (don't hold your breath) you're going for gold.
SuperiorPosture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #2381
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorPosture View Post
There is a glitch that has been confirmed where you can't pop S3.0 on Red Wings. Unless Epic issues a patch (don't hold your breath) you're going for gold.
yeah ive read that, and all you have to do is re onyx another medal.
simple
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #2382
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
2308 for koth.

which mode is faster idleing? koth or ctl?
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #2383
SuperiorPosture
 
SuperiorPosture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 167

a calico cat's Gamercard
KotH by a mile. The bots are pants on head retarded for CTL. Plus, the stupid Untouchable ribbon means you're probably going to want to idle with full teams. With multiple Xboxes, at least you can put a ton of idles on the other team.
SuperiorPosture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #2384
SR x FUZiON
 
SR x FUZiON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 352

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Im not sure what to do for skunker on one xbox. Should I play KOTH, 2 round, 60 second rounds and do all my weapons like that (getting around 20 kills a match) or should I idle boost CLT, execution and KOTH and put it at 2 rounds ( I heard you will maybe get 1 skunk every 4 matches?
__________________
This Signature will not change until Arsenal win a Trophy.....

Started on 21/08/2011



SR x FUZiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #2385
Rf1
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 31
Quick question, started boosting with 3 xboxs do I need matches set to two rounds for skunker or can I have rounds set to 1?
Rf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #2386
SR x FUZiON
 
SR x FUZiON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 352

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf1 View Post
Quick question, started boosting with 3 xboxs do I need matches set to two rounds for skunker or can I have rounds set to 1?
Two rounds.
__________________
This Signature will not change until Arsenal win a Trophy.....

Started on 21/08/2011



SR x FUZiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #2387
Rf1
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR x FUZiON View Post
Two rounds.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have all game modes except wingman to boost and I'm currently idle boosting tdm. I assume its best to do skunker with warzone, as tdm is taking a long time with just one round? (Boosting with 3 xboxs so I have 5 idles)
Rf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #2388
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorPosture View Post
KotH by a mile. The bots are pants on head retarded for CTL. Plus, the stupid Untouchable ribbon means you're probably going to want to idle with full teams. With multiple Xboxes, at least you can put a ton of idles on the other team.
Awe damn it i forgot about those ctl ribbons... thought i was in the clear with just ideling the mode lol
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #2389
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
2491, from overnight.
man seems a bit slow.

if ctl is slower then this i dont wanna think about it.
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #2390
SuperiorPosture
 
SuperiorPosture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 167

a calico cat's Gamercard
Good thing you don't have to think about it. Wingman is BY FAR the worst, so everything else is just letting it go until it's done. KotH is my last gametype, but I'm putting it to 2 rounds and using a second Xbox to wrap up Skunker, as well.
SuperiorPosture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #2391
nyko2000
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 50
What do you think about this settings for KOTH and CTL?

Quote:
Number of bots : 2
Difficulty: Insane
Time Capture: 10
Ring : 60
Number of rounds to win 1:

2 Controllers on the same team
No weapon pick ups
This way, you do no win, but maybe having two bots fighting for the goal is faster than only one.
nyko2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #2392
SuperiorPosture
 
SuperiorPosture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 167

a calico cat's Gamercard
There's fundamentally no reason why it wouldn't work. Mark down your game progress and time you started, then when you wrap up idle boosting, note again the number of games and time. From that, you can derive a gm/hr stat which would serve as a basis for tweaks.
SuperiorPosture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #2393
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorPosture View Post
Good thing you don't have to think about it. Wingman is BY FAR the worst, so everything else is just letting it go until it's done. KotH is my last gametype, but I'm putting it to 2 rounds and using a second Xbox to wrap up Skunker, as well.
Yeah wingman was horrible...
so was skunker, but having the extra 2 consoles helped out a hell of a lot.
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #2394
Blerbman
 
Blerbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR x FUZiON View Post
Im not sure what to do for skunker on one xbox. Should I play KOTH, 2 round, 60 second rounds and do all my weapons like that (getting around 20 kills a match) or should I idle boost CLT, execution and KOTH and put it at 2 rounds ( I heard you will maybe get 1 skunk every 4 matches?
Here's my "game plan" for Seriously 3. I figure that my method will help you decide what you want to do.

For weapon kills, I do KOTH. 2 rounds, 60 second capture time. This way, I get about 20-30 kills a match and a skunk. So, for every 10 skunks, I get anywhere between 200 to 300 kills towards a weapon. I prefer this method because I work on something else along with weapon kills, and because I can't stand doing 240 capture time on KOTH. It's way too boring.

If you want, you can keep reloading for smaller maps to maximize your kills. It's real easy to get at least 30 kills on maps like Trenches and Checkout. I personally just let the maps rotate and only quit out of Sandbar. The Slab is pretty shitty for it, too, so I'd suggest quitting out and reloading when that comes up too.

Of course, this all comes down to your preference and if you're trying to do it as fast as possible. It's a lot slower with the 60 second round method compared to the 240 round method, but it's less mind-numbing. If you watch something in the background, like a movie or Let's Plays, it makes it very easy and "relaxed". For example, I just knocked out around 35 skunks and went from ~1300 kills to ~2000 with the Lancer while re-watching AVGN episodes.

After I finish all the weapons (all of the starting weapons and pistols, since I used other methods to get the other weapon medals) I'll just idle the rest of the skunks. I don't have a single gamemode Onyxed yet, except Wingman, so I have plenty of chances to knock the remaining skunkers out with idling.

Feel free to add to this. It's certainly not the best method, but it's a good way to knock out skunks and weapon kills at the same time, and it's not as boring as 240 second rounds. Of course, it's all down to preference. However, if you don't like sitting around playing long-ass matches, try this.
Blerbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #2395
SR x FUZiON
 
SR x FUZiON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 352

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blerbman View Post
Here's my "game plan" for Seriously 3. I figure that my method will help you decide what you want to do.

For weapon kills, I do KOTH. 2 rounds, 60 second capture time. This way, I get about 20-30 kills a match and a skunk. So, for every 10 skunks, I get anywhere between 200 to 300 kills towards a weapon. I prefer this method because I work on something else along with weapon kills, and because I can't stand doing 240 capture time on KOTH. It's way too boring.

If you want, you can keep reloading for smaller maps to maximize your kills. It's real easy to get at least 30 kills on maps like Trenches and Checkout. I personally just let the maps rotate and only quit out of Sandbar. The Slab is pretty shitty for it, too, so I'd suggest quitting out and reloading when that comes up too.

Of course, this all comes down to your preference and if you're trying to do it as fast as possible. It's a lot slower with the 60 second round method compared to the 240 round method, but it's less mind-numbing. If you watch something in the background, like a movie or Let's Plays, it makes it very easy and "relaxed". For example, I just knocked out around 35 skunks and went from ~1300 kills to ~2000 with the Lancer while re-watching AVGN episodes.

After I finish all the weapons (all of the starting weapons and pistols, since I used other methods to get the other weapon medals) I'll just idle the rest of the skunks. I don't have a single gamemode Onyxed yet, except Wingman, so I have plenty of chances to knock the remaining skunkers out with idling.

Feel free to add to this. It's certainly not the best method, but it's a good way to knock out skunks and weapon kills at the same time, and it's not as boring as 240 second rounds. Of course, it's all down to preference. However, if you don't like sitting around playing long-ass matches, try this.
Thank you for your post. Im around the same stage as you, nearly have wingman Onyxed and no other gametypes done. Im always watching a lets play on youtube when im boosting to reduce the boredom. Im going to do my kills like this from now on, thanks for the help.
__________________
This Signature will not change until Arsenal win a Trophy.....

Started on 21/08/2011



SR x FUZiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #2396
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
2975 For koth now.
should be done in the next hour or so.
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #2398
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
yup as i predicted, next hour and 6 mins, onyxed koth.

and its the only mode medal with a different title lol. like the lancer onyx.
now onto ctl, the final mode i need to onyx.

starting with 1805 for ctl
is the quickest method for ctl onyx the method suggested in the op?

Last edited by Omni CEO; 03-18-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #2399
Viper187
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 749

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Is it just me, or do you seem to get a bonus wave in Horde every time you fail the same wave twice? Could be useful.
__________________
100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 240+ DAYS playtime, 16000 rounds survived (double max Perfectionist), 1.5 million FF kills.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #2400
Omni CEO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

o The Source o's Gamercard
WOO! Just got Leader, Sovereign, Allfather, and CTL, onyx all together bringing me up to 44 medals.
Omni CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:50 AM.