PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men: Destiny
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
ArcticInf3rno

Wardson17's Gamercard
Is this game worth it?

I saw amazon has this game for sale at $27. Can anyone whose played it tell me if its worth buying at $27 or worth buying at all?? I do like x-men just nervous of getting ripped off.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
XxToxicMasqueradexX

ToxicMasquerade's Gamercard
To be honest, it's only okay. It was pretty easy and short. I beat it in a few days. Going to get it from gamefly to finish my achievements. It's definitely not on the top of my 'to buy' list and I love X-Men. $27 compared to $35-40 is better. I would probably grab a copy if I hadn't beat it already.
XxToxicMasqueradexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
gangstakatamari

Ninja Golf2k6's Gamercard
It's terrible. A generic beat em up with an interesting but ultimately poorly told storyline. It's seriously one of the most disappointing games I've ever played and I think I'm going to cry.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:18 AM   #4
BrendelBerries

BrendelBerries's Gamercard
Still haven't picked it up yet, but I sure hope it's worth it. All I've heard are negative things about it, but to be honest I think I'll find some enjoyment regardless, purely because I love everything to do with the Marvel universe.
BrendelBerries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
Elektrohazard

N7CelticLullaby's Gamercard
It's a short game, despite having two different storyline options, and three characters to chose, but coming from a hardcore X-Men fan, I think it's the best X-Men game to be released. It has somewhat easy achievements, and it's a fun play through.

Elektrohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
ArcticInf3rno

Wardson17's Gamercard
Alright thanks for the opinions Gamestop has buy spiderman EOT get x-men destiny free. Its tempting for achievemens but it sounds like I should save my money
Old 01-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
DrNibby

DrNibby's Gamercard
I bought this game soley because my girlfriend (an avidly obsessed X-Men fan/wannabe) wanted to play it and it was going cheap (can't remember how much exactly). It is an alright game, but not one to waste money on. For X-Men fans, I think it might be worth it, but from a gaming POV, just try rent it from somewhere.

It is a short game, both me & my girlfriend managed to complete a playthrough each on the middle diffculty in a day. It is repetitive, and frankly, it gets a bit boring after a while.

Last edited by DrNibby; 01-13-2012 at 11:40 PM.
DrNibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
McDevlin182

McDevlin182's Gamercard
The game has an interesting story, alright graphics, and some appealing characteristics (EX: new mutant powers). However I don't think it is worth buying. It is definetly worth renting though just to hear the story, and to see the new characters/powers. Be prepared however as the game is extremely repetetive. Your soul purpose in the game is to beat up everyone in section A, then move on to section B, beat up everyone there, and continue this until the end of the game. Challenge rooms are usually stumbled upon with no real indication of their existence. If you fail the challenge rooms you are pushed out of them with no ability to replay them in the story mode. However you can access them from the main menu, or replay them by replaying a level.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
The_Iceman2288

TheIceman2288's Gamercard
This game would have been very good if it was released six months later after rigorous testing, but it wasn't and it isn't.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #10
ChiliD

Chili D 20's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDevlin182 View Post
The game has an interesting story, alright graphics, and some appealing characteristics (EX: new mutant powers).
I don't know what game you played, its an uninspired 3 hour game with minecraft like explosions, it is pure laziness, so don't waste your time.
ChiliD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
johnb

john kenobi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
this game isn't as bad as everyone makes it seems. indeed it is short and leaves something to be desired (incredibly redundant combat) but there are far worse games out there.

i say give it a try and judge for yourself

johnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I enjoyed my rental but to have 90% of the trophies within 3 days tells me this is a rental. It's good but far from mind blowing. I want to get Gamefly someday and rent this game to 1,000/1,000

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #13
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I just picked this up for $10. Im hoping it's half as good as it could be.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #14
LOBO X9

LOBO X9's Gamercard
just got it
LOBO X9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #15
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
Has anyone considered comparing this game to previous X-Men games, instead of "all" games ever made? I mean... if you're going to dis the game, at least compare it to previous X-Men games (apples-to-apples) - if you've played all the others.

I played/beat (and still have) "X-Men The Official Game" - and THAT was terrible! The entire game wasn't terrible (there were some good parts)... but I haven't played it since I got all 1000gs out of it (if that tells you anything else about it)!!

Since this game is going to hit the hard-to-find list (people buying-up or keeping their copy of the game, with the court-ruling and all)... I'll be looking to pick-up a copy of the game (on disc, not GoD). At least when I'm done with the game... I can try and sell it. I couldn't sell "X-Men The Official Game." Perhaps "Destiny" will be more in demand?!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I just picked this up for $10. Im hoping it's half as good as it could be.
A little late but I loved this game. It was honestly one of the best xmen games I played.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #17
Death Grimz

Black Star 181's Gamercard
I didn't think that much of it really. It was alright at first, when you focus on the story and game play but when you take a step back and actually take a look at everything it kinda blows. The first thing I noticed was the poor quality finish on Adrians face (I checked it out on HDMI as well to see the difference). Although it is a pretty decent game, there's like no replay-ability other than to collect everything. X-genes are pretty disappointing considering they could've been a LOT better but ow well I guess. I'm not a games developer. I wouldn't pay full price for this. No chance in hell, I picked it up for 8 and I think that's a reasonable price.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
anon

I still hold a fondness of the Silicon Knights guys for Legacy of Kain. It was a terrific game. I still remember loading it up on my parents computer and being astounded at just how bad I was as a main character, I killed civilians for my health. I routinely killed characters trying to do the right thing for my own powers. In the end I was a vampire to be respected. Now this, people saying that SK only does crappy games. I will give it a try when it hits the bargain bin out of respect for my teens. I'll even buy it new.............. for <$20.

WE DO NOT FORGIVE | WE DO NOT FORGET
WE ARE LEGION | WE ARE ANONYMOUS

anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Got this today on trade in. Obviously not the best game ever, but I'm liking it so far. Easy to pick up and play. Plus the collectables are easy to find. Looks to be an easy 1000g.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
Nathan de Jack

Nathan de Jack's Gamercard
Epic Games won their suit against Silicon Knights (BS, but still) and the court ordered Silicon Knights to pull X-Men and Too Human from their shelves. If anyone feels even the slightest inkling that they might want either game, you should buy them as soon as possible.
Nathan de Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #21
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Destiny is 17$ at gamestop now get it. Than take it backup after 100%(

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote