PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Top Gun: Hard Lock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
asdfen

mission 10 & 13

whats up with difficulty jump? I cant even finish 13 its insane on normal. Will try again on easy I guess
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
got pissed off with the stupid overly complicated analog stick QTEs at the end of the mission where the stupid lightning takes your guns down and i actually get around the "super badass bad guy pilot" but the guns wouldnt come back even tho i had a missile lock on him, so then he gets back behind me an every time it goes to the 2nd QTE its come crap dual-stick maneuver they never gave me in any of the previous missions an its always a slow red grade which results in me failing the move an allowing him to get me in a radar lock an insta-kill

after the 4th straight attempt and no matter how perfect i attempt the dual-stick maneuver its always a slow red result....on f'ing easy.... i gave up.

cant stand stupid difficulty spikes, especially in mediocre games

Last edited by eiVaL; 03-19-2012 at 05:41 AM.
eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Hopefully this helps - what I've found is this - once you've got the hard lock (or your adversary has hard lock on you), what makes it difficult is you are manuvering around when the GTE comes on, and many times your sticks will be facing the wrong direction (from manuvering).

So what I would do is try to time it, after a few seconds of the hard lock being on, I would go neutral with stick, that way when the GTE would come on, I could quickly go to the directions required (make sense?). It's a little tougher to time it when he's on your tail (because it can cause you to get damage), but I found once I got the timing down of when it would appear, then it made it alot easier.