PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire > Nicholson Electroplating
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #61
MeeT KurTinZ

Hey OE.....you're missing a clue......hahahah....kidding

Thx for the guide tho...
MeeT KurTinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:43 AM   #62
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by II OE II View Post
Investigate Explosion Site
As you walk in, another explosion will be seen. Talk with your old partner and the coroner to learn the details.
While your fixing the OMG U MISSED TEH CLOO! thing, you might also want to change that. Pinker isn't your old partner, he's the technical services guy.

Otherwise, great work just like the other guides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #63
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

FJMatlock's Gamercard
What I'm wondering is why is it such a big deal that a clue is missing? Unless it actually is going to prevent you from getting any of the achievements I don't see the big deal in it missing from the guide. You don't get anything from getting 100% on this case. The five star ratings only apply to the 21 main story cases.

And evokazz, stop being a D-bag. You're downright harassing someone just because they made a simple suggestion to your 'masterpiece' of a guide. Yours was good until this one got made. All Annalie did was suggest you put the Achievement names in there. Sure there's only five of them. But it's a nice touch and it's actually a pretty standard thing. Yet you're acting like she commited the original sin and doomed all of mankind just for a small positive criticism. Think you need to grow up.

Anyway, all bickering aside and on topic, great guide. Thanks for posting it.
CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:50 AM   #64
WeskersHenchman

WeskersHenchman's Gamercard
It's really not too big of a deal Crownlessking, especially if you're only interested in achievements. But for OCD perfectionists (like myself!) trying to make sure to get everything and 5-Star it, a guide titled "100% Case Guide" should be exactly that: 100%.

The clue that's missing is one of the important clues that figures into your total at the end, and can make a difference in getting the 5 Stars, if you're trying for it. So while not essential, it would be good to list it.

And this isn't a bash on OE. He makes awesome guides. This is just a quick fix he can make to have a fully 100% guide! That's the only reason I think it keeps being mentioned!
WeskersHenchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #65
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownlessKing View Post
What I'm wondering is why is it such a big deal that a clue is missing? Unless it actually is going to prevent you from getting any of the achievements I don't see the big deal in it missing from the guide. You don't get anything from getting 100% on this case. The five star ratings only apply to the 21 main story cases.

And evokazz, stop being a D-bag. You're downright harassing someone just because they made a simple suggestion to your 'masterpiece' of a guide. Yours was good until this one got made. All Annalie did was suggest you put the Achievement names in there. Sure there's only five of them. But it's a nice touch and it's actually a pretty standard thing. Yet you're acting like she commited the original sin and doomed all of mankind just for a small positive criticism. Think you need to grow up.

Anyway, all bickering aside and on topic, great guide. Thanks for posting it.

As said in other thread, your opinion is void to me. I dont care which guide you use, but if mine, even though truly 100% is so bad, why are you in my thread at all calling me names. The guy above suggested moving on, exactly what I am doing. But not before saying 1 more thing. Something I touched on in my own thread.

People make guides here to help you guys out. The majority of the site are grateful, I have had a absolute ton of XBL messages saying thanks, from the normal citizens of the site. But I see all the time, there are a small minority, that expect everything layed out 100% flawless. I have never wrote a guide before, but tried to help, I dont want brownie points, its the fact I had a 100% guide out on day of release, and I get ripped for that? Its disgusting. Effort went into the small guide, I played it again just for the sake of the forums to double check it was 100% and I followed it easy, as have many many others. Annalie, yes maybe I was harsh, but her attitude and arrogance was not the best, and judging from a few PM's I have had, she is known for it Anyways use II OE II's guide, it IS better, and I mean that (once he adds that missing clue). Adios

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 39
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Last edited by Evo Kazz; 06-23-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #66
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Nice guide. Case was pretty easy though, only trouble I had was that extra bloody clue! Got the Bulletproof cheevy no probs, got it from the first and third car. First car was by far the easiest, as you can aim exactly where it pulls up before it even gets there

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #67
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide OE. I was a little disappointed to finish the case and only get 4 stars from missing one clue, which I thought was pretty ridiculous. 15/16 clues, 8/8 questions correct, $200 in city damage and that's a 4-star? Pretty stupid in my opinion. But I got all the achievements and enjoyed the case so thanks for a good guide.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #68
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

FJMatlock's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeskersHenchman View Post
It's really not too big of a deal Crownlessking, especially if you're only interested in achievements. But for OCD perfectionists (like myself!) trying to make sure to get everything and 5-Star it, a guide titled "100% Case Guide" should be exactly that: 100%.

The clue that's missing is one of the important clues that figures into your total at the end, and can make a difference in getting the 5 Stars, if you're trying for it. So while not essential, it would be good to list it.

And this isn't a bash on OE. He makes awesome guides. This is just a quick fix he can make to have a fully 100% guide! That's the only reason I think it keeps being mentioned!
Ah, I gotcha. I know there's some out there where everything has to be perfect. Personally if I had 4 stars in it I'd be happy. But here's hoping the clue gets placed in there sooner then later so everyone can be satisfied.
CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:12 AM   #69
Valter

With Seoul's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide but after investigating the hangar, there's nowhere to go because no one at the police station talks.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #70
Psyccho

psyccho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great guide man, glad to be done with this game again (until the next DLC).

100k reached June 22,2011
Duke Nukem FOREVER: I Am All That Is Man

Looking to boost in:
Halo Wars (General rank)
Castle Crashers (Arena Master)
Ghostbusters (MP Achievements)

I ALWAYS help those who help me
92 Games 100%
Psyccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:54 AM   #71
Mokilicious

Mokilicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valter View Post
Thanks for the guide but after investigating the hangar, there's nowhere to go because no one at the police station talks.
This happened to me too. Try talking to Vernon again because I asked my partner for a suggestion then he told me to talk to Mapes. After that you should be prompted to go back to the police station.

Sig made by Kueen Kitana.
Mokilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #72
SallyNasty

SallyNasty's Gamercard
All drama aside - is this guide updated with the missing clue? Evokazz is complete and looks good, but I used II OE II's for the rest of the game and wanted to stick with him

SallyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #73
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
7 - Wristwatch: inspect the victim's right hand
8 - Ring: inspect the victim's left hand
The watch is actually in the victim's left hand and ring in the right Thanks for all the guides!

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:37 AM   #74
MotoJoe

EsG MotoJoe's Gamercard
Amazing guide man, thanks again
MotoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #75
dosk1nator

dosky's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for guide OE, the only difficult achievement so far was that darn bulletproof windshield one. Other than that so for by following your guides the rest were pretty easy.
dosk1nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #77
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosk1nator View Post
Thanks for guide OE, the only difficult achievement so far was that darn bulletproof windshield one. Other than that so for by following your guides the rest were pretty easy.
ya, i have tons of trouble on this one for some reason. Seems that the cars drive up too quickly and randomly for me. I passed on it after about 20 attempts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownlessKing View Post
Ah, I gotcha. I know there's some out there where everything has to be perfect. Personally if I had 4 stars in it I'd be happy. But here's hoping the clue gets placed in there sooner then later so everyone can be satisfied.
Also, sorry to everyone for not posting that missing clue, i had a very nasty injury with my back and havent been able to do much of anything since June 26th.

GUIDE HAS NOW BEEN UPDATED AND SHOULD BE 100% COMPLETE!

GUIDES:
Alice: Madness Returns (Ach, Col)
Arcania Gothic 4 Recipies
Armored Core: For Answer Complete Guide
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collectables
Dark Souls Achievement Guide
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases

Last edited by II OE II; 07-13-2011 at 12:27 AM.
II OE II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #78
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
EFF that achieve out of the frying pan. >
car got stuck so i lost him. no way to get achieve now unless i replay the whole case. LAME. i hate "1st try" achievements.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:35 AM   #79
X pHaT daDDy X

x phat daddy x's Gamercard
Quote:
As you arrive at the aircraft warehouse, there will be a shootout with the MP. If you shoot the two drivers of the cars that will pull up before they stop you will earn another achievement. This can be quite tricky to do. The first car that shows up does not count. After killing a few enemies quickly get close to that first car and turn left. The first car that is tied to the achievement shows up. Turn 180 degrees for the second car.
Achievement Unlocked: Bulletproof Windshield
I'm not sure I am understanding this one and missed it on my first try. Could someone 'splain for the stupid.
X pHaT daDDy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #80
CrAzE j0KeR

xKNIGHTandDAYx's Gamercard
Great guide, thanks
CrAzE j0KeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #81
TheLifeAfter

TheLifeAfter's Gamercard
There seems to be a small mistake in the "Deciphered Address" part. I looked at all the clues listed and it didn't pop. So I went ahead and looked at the blood stain, and inspected the bodies head and then it popped.

Also need to look at both photos in the office, not just the one.

Last edited by TheLifeAfter; 03-23-2012 at 10:44 PM.
TheLifeAfter is offline   Reply With Quote