PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood > The Da Vinci Disappearance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-13-2011, 03:09 AM   #1
DRCL

I Diablo D3E I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Tutorial? Really?

So, I was playing through the DLC and I noticed that it was giving me prompts on how to play..

I'm just wondering if anyone else found it completely stupid how they're teaching you how to play in the DLC? Like come on, I beat the entire game already, you think I don't know how to press to drop? or + to "eject" backwards? .... Come on!
DRCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
Saint Jericho

Questless Hero's Gamercard
I agree it was silly. However, it may just have been any oversight by the developers. It is a well known fact that developers can get pretty lazy when it comes to small things like that in DLCs (looking at you 2K) so it's possible that they just didn't think to remove that from the coding.

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't tryin!"
Saint Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
Bcleal

QcK Dagger HeaT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Jericho View Post
I agree it was silly. However, it may just have been any oversight by the developers. It is a well known fact that developers can get pretty lazy when it comes to small things like that in DLCs (looking at you 2K) so it's possible that they just didn't think to remove that from the coding.
Thought it was annoying as well but i think hes on to something with that theory.

Born March 2010
10k-June 29 2010
20k-Oct. 28th 2010
30k-Feb. 2 2011
40k-Mar. 24 2011
50K-June 18,2011
Gamerscore Completion: (85.02%)
Bcleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
realshinobi

Bourne Shinobi's Gamercard
I find stuff like that useful because sometimes I forget how to do certain actions, especially after not playing for a long time.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by realshinobi View Post
I find stuff like that useful because sometimes I forget how to do certain actions, especially after not playing for a long time.
^This, for one. And the fact that it serves as not just a tutorial but as hints as well. Like if you're not completely sure on where to platform next, the "tutorial" serves as a hint to what you need to do to progress.

I didn't mind it since I hadn't played this game in so long, I had forgotten how to do some of the actions, as well as what distances I was capable of covering when platforming.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
never even noticed it.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
never even noticed it.
The only times I noticed it were when it'd tell me about doing the RT + A jump to jump back off a ledge, and a sideways jump with RT + LS + A. In the Temple of Pythagoras it popped up a few times.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
Are you all aware of the fact, that you can turn off tutorials in the options menu? (under HUD)
It is annoying for you only in the DLC but not in the main game after 40+ hours? I turned it off as soon I figured out what and how works.
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:48 AM   #9
mirotana

archibald jnr's Gamercard
I don't even notice them popping up anymore, especially during fights. Sometimes when it's quiet and you're climbing it can be in the way, but its only there for a couple seconds. So meh.
mirotana is offline   Reply With Quote