PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Top Spin 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
rez9000

Rez9000's Gamercard
At My Wit's End!

I don't know what else I can do on this pile of excrement!

On Very Easy or Easy it's a cakewalk. As soon as I switch to Normal, or heaven forbid Hard, it becomes impossible. I don't know what else I can do. I mix up my shot types, play cross-court shots, line shots.

The only thing that occurs is related to the fact that whenever I try lob shots or risk shots they almost always go wrong. This makes me think there's something fundamentally wrong with the way I play.

Does anyone have any useful tips? I cannot work out what I'm doing wrong. And there is no way in Hell I'll be able to beat the Hall of Fame to finish out the game otherwise. HELP!

Last edited by rez9000; 12-30-2009 at 08:11 PM.
rez9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
dave252

Risk shots and lobs are not needed. Don't bother using them. If some are charging the net just blast it at them or keep them at the back of the court with your shot selection.

Just play from the baseline and hit good quality shots. Make sure when you add attributes you concentrate on 3 or 4 rather than have them averaged out.

Should be a breeze all the way to completing the hall of fame.
dave252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
Kamakazi Pear

Send a message via MSN to Kamakazi Pear

Supernova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
^

I had trouble a yr ago when I tried Hard difficulty.

Now it's easy.

My character has stupidly unfair stats (100 Forehand, Backhand, Power, Speed. 70 Volley. Rest of stats 30)

Now I can win every game on hard with just one type of shot.

All I do, hold A for a long time to add power, and shot left, right, left, right, until the opponent fails to return the shot.
Extremely easy.

1st in the world to get 1500/1500 on CoD:WaW
1st in the UK to 1000/1000 SSX.

360voice | trueachievements
Kamakazi Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not to bring up an old thread, but better than starting a new one with the same topic. Can anyone give some more detailed hints on: 1.) How to play on Hard. 2.) How play risk shots and risk serves.

I can't for my life figure out how to do risk shots. Every time I use them, it goes horribly wrong and goes out of bounds. It doesn't teach you exactly what buttons need to be pressed and when in the tutorials. I'm confused at how I should be be pressing the buttons. Say for instance I am hitting a normal risk safe shot down the middle, what would I press? Do I tap RT and then hold A and release A? Do I hold RT during the duration of pressing A? Do I hold A and tap A again and press RT at some point? I can play Top Spin 2 and 4 on the hardest difficulty no problem but the controls in this game are the worst in any game I have played in my life lol....
Old 03-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fate View Post
Not to bring up an old thread, but better than starting a new one with the same topic. Can anyone give some more detailed hints on: 1.) How to play on Hard. 2.) How play risk shots and risk serves.

I can't for my life figure out how to do risk shots. Every time I use them, it goes horribly wrong and goes out of bounds. It doesn't teach you exactly what buttons need to be pressed and when in the tutorials. I'm confused at how I should be be pressing the buttons. Say for instance I am hitting a normal risk safe shot down the middle, what would I press? Do I tap RT and then hold A and release A? Do I hold RT during the duration of pressing A? Do I hold A and tap A again and press RT at some point? I can play Top Spin 2 and 4 on the hardest difficulty no problem but the controls in this game are the worst in any game I have played in my life lol....
Don't play risk shots. Ever. Just max out power, it's far, far more useful than the other stats. Then you can outright overpower any opponent in rallies.