PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Origins > Golems of Amgarrak
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: did this glitch work for you?
yes 8 14.29%
no 39 69.64%
it did, but i didn't get the achievement 9 16.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
CMpunk17

CMpunk17's Gamercard
Smile Grim Reaper Achievement Glitch

i have posted this glitch in other forums. i made this thread so as to further spread the good word that an achievement based on difficultly- a curve ball if you will from all the other achievements- can be easily achieved if you follow the strategy to the glitch i found.
this glitch worked for me after 3 long hours of struggling to beat the fat ass with my level 34.

1. make sure one of your characters has a long ranged weapon equipped (i.e. long bow, short bow, cross bow)

2. weaken his first form until he's almost dead

3. let all of your characters die except the one with the bow... (it happened to me on accident)

4. go over to the switch and wait until he lets out the red mist

5. hit the switch ( hold and look at the switch and press ) strike the final blow on the first form and watch the cut scene

6. post cut scene- DO NOT MOVE. continuously fire on second form until he dies.

he should not attack you or spawn any nasty skeletons. if he does attack he will only attack occasionally. if you keep your fire up then you won't have to worry about it cause he'll be jumping back most of the time. that's why you have the bow

Last edited by CMpunk17; 09-02-2010 at 04:04 AM.
CMpunk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
jonesat

jonesat's Gamercard
video of this anywhere?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
CMpunk17

CMpunk17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesat View Post
video of this anywhere?
if i could i would believe me. but i found this glitch so... if anyone else can feel free
Fully Completed Retail Games: Skate 3+DLC, Oblivion+DLC, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Mass Effect+DLC, Gears of War 2+DLC, Dragon Age: Origins+DLC, Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed II, AC Brotherhood+DLC, Alan Wake+DLC

Fully Completed Arcade Games: Trials HD+DLC, Trials: Evolution, South Park, Portal: Still Alive, Pac-Man C.E., N+, Marble Blast Ultra+DLC, Ilomilo+DLC, Harm's Way, Galaga, Doritos Crash Course, DOOM
Old 08-23-2010, 06:04 AM   #4
CMpunk17

CMpunk17's Gamercard
oh and btw everybody if u run into trouble with this glitch or just need help with the game in any way hit me up on xbox live.
Fully Completed Retail Games: Skate 3+DLC, Oblivion+DLC, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Mass Effect+DLC, Gears of War 2+DLC, Dragon Age: Origins+DLC, Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed II, AC Brotherhood+DLC, Alan Wake+DLC

Fully Completed Arcade Games: Trials HD+DLC, Trials: Evolution, South Park, Portal: Still Alive, Pac-Man C.E., N+, Marble Blast Ultra+DLC, Ilomilo+DLC, Harm's Way, Galaga, Doritos Crash Course, DOOM
Old 09-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
The Watcher

the watcher ii's Gamercard
It sounds easy enough hopefully this should not be too much of a problem for a level 35 human warrior
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
CMpunk17

CMpunk17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
It sounds easy enough hopefully this should not be too much of a problem for a level 35 human warrior
its not a had lvl 36 rogue. make sure you keep the person alive who has the bow.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:13 AM   #7
SamuraiSwede

Samurai Swede's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMpunk17 View Post
its not a had lvl 36 rogue. make sure you keep the person alive who has the bow.
Isn't the level cap 35..?
SamuraiSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:13 AM   #8
The Watcher

the watcher ii's Gamercard
Yea I have found out the hard way I thought that I could weaken him down to about 5%-10% health on normal difficulty then switch to hard difficulty hit him 2 more times than bam Grim Reaper achievement would unlock but it doesn’t work like that unfortunately which indeed makes it a lot harder.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #9
CMpunk17

CMpunk17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSwede View Post
Isn't the level cap 35..?
excuse me i meant 35

p.s. yeah if u look in my guide i said i was a level 34. i went to get the last golem scroll and leveled up

Last edited by CMpunk17; 09-03-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:56 AM   #10
TheKingofKaos

TheKingofKaos's Gamercard
Seemed to be working then as soon as it was in its second form he attacked me and wouldnt let up he would hop[ away but as soon as I shot him again hew came right back. And no I didnt move after the cutscene.
TheKingofKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #11
CMpunk17

CMpunk17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingofKaos View Post
Seemed to be working then as soon as it was in its second form he attacked me and wouldnt let up he would hop[ away but as soon as I shot him again hew came right back. And no I didnt move after the cutscene.
what level were you

Old 09-11-2010, 01:15 AM   #12
II Squallxyz II

II Squallxyz II's Gamercard
I tried but nothing... I can't kill his 1st form D:!
Maybe I didn't get very well... What I need to do for kill 1st form?D:
II Squallxyz II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:25 AM   #13
CMpunk17

CMpunk17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by II Squallxyz II View Post
I tried but nothing... I can't kill his 1st form D:!
Maybe I didn't get very well... What I need to do for kill 1st form?D:
try running around and using the ranged weapon. heal your ppl when they need it. and when the red mist comes run as fast as u can to the switch and flip it. thatll kill all the skeletons and let u attack him without magic.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:10 AM   #14
CMpunk17

CMpunk17's Gamercard
yeah i think they patched this glitch. lame.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #15
Headless Snip3r

Headless Snip3r's Gamercard
gonna try this tonight. I'm beyond frustrated with this guy. I'm a level 35 rogue, so gonna clear my cache and see if it works.
Headless Snip3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:37 AM   #16
Headless Snip3r

Headless Snip3r's Gamercard
EA has made it so that you can't play any DLC if you can't connect to their servers, so it seems that this glitch is permanantly gone. Wish I had done this game sooner. Thanks for the info, anyway.
Headless Snip3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #17
CMpunk17

CMpunk17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Snip3r View Post
EA has made it so that you can't play any DLC if you can't connect to their servers, so it seems that this glitch is permanantly gone. Wish I had done this game sooner. Thanks for the info, anyway.
yeah alot of games seem to be doing that lately. sucks. and no prob. i gotta play this game again its been too long.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #18
reaper527

Reaper527's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Snip3r View Post
is this new? because i played the dlc just fine before without being connected to live (my dlc came from the ultimate edition, so it was the drm-free version if that makes any difference)
Old 03-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #19
CMpunk17

CMpunk17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
is this new? because i played the dlc just fine before without being connected to live (my dlc came from the ultimate edition, so it was the drm-free version if that makes any difference)
that probably has something to do with it. thats always nice if you dont have xbox live. you can probably get away with the glitch then.