PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > A World of Keflings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
brad soup

brad soup's Gamercard
Achievement Guide/Roadmap

Achievement Guide/Roadmap

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
-Offline: 10 (175 )
-Online: 2 (25 )
-Approximate time to 200 : <10 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
-Missable achievements: None
-Glitched achievements: None (to my knowledge, though there are a few game-breaking bugs in general. Save often, and to different slots!)
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats

Sequel to NinjaBee's 2008 avatar game A Kingdom for Keflings, A World of Keflings takes your giant-sized avatar through three shiny new kingdoms to help build the Keflings a castle of epic proportions and earn a fairly quick and easy 200 . Ready? Let's do the thing.

Introduction
A World of Keflings is pretty much standard Arcade fare, with 12 achievements totaling 200 . Five of these are storyline-dependent and unmissable, worth a total of 75 . The game doesn't end once you complete the castle, so you can go back and nab those other seven achievements at any point. Only two achievements are online, requiring you to trade items with friends. The rest can be earned alone.

Step #1: Preparation
Really, you can do this at any time, but I recommend doing it before you start to avoid any bugs. Before you begin playing you should have a friend share his collection with you so you can get the Smile On Your Brother achievement and, eventually, One Tree Hill. If you don't have any friends, then hit up the
Achievement Trading Thread. After that, go ahead and start a new game.

Step #2: Playthrough One (of One)
Take your time and enjoy yourself. Really, as long as you're collecting resources, you'll be making progress towards your achievements. It's a fun and cute game, so don't rush yourself. You'll naturally unlock the achievements All You Need Is Doug, Endless Doug, I Would Walk 500 Miles, Reunited (And It Feels So Good), and The Stars At Night as your progress through the story mode. You'll most likely pick up a few others as well, such as Come on, Vogue! and Help (I Need Somebody). As you play, remember to keep all the gifts the Keflings give you in a safe place so you don't lose them. You'll need them later, and it's a pain to hike all over your kingdom for stuff.

Step #3: Wrap-Up
After you finish the castle, the game gives you lease to do whatever you want. Be sure to build the Giant's Gift, and then tie up whatever loose ends you have hanging. One Tree Hill and I Am The City will most likely be the last achievements you get, as they can be a bit grind-y. At this point, you should be 200 richer for not too much effort. Have fun with the rest of the game!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
brad soup

brad soup's Gamercard
Achievements

The Stars At Night - 10
Helped enhance your world with culture stars

This achievement is story-related and can't be missed. You'll earn culture stars every time you put up an upgrade to the power center of a kingdom (the Keep, Sultan's Palace, Castle, etc). You have to build all of them during story mode anyway, so this will come in time.

I Would Walk 500 Miles - 20
Visited the Ice Kingdom, the Desert Kingdom, and the Forest Kingdom

This achievement is story-related and can't be missed. It will unlock as soon as you enter the Desert Kingdom for the first time.

Reunited (And It Feels So Good) - 20
Talked to the whole family of builder brothers.

This achievement is story-related and can't be missed. It will unlock as soon as you meet Brodie in the Desert Kingdom.

All You Need Is Doug - 5
Thawed out poor frozen Doug

This achievement is story-related and can't be missed. It will unlock as soon as you rescue Bob's brother Doug in the Ice Kingdom.

Smile On Your Brother - 10
Received Collectibles from a friend. How sweet!

For this achievement, your friend needs to send you his collection. To do this, he should select "Sharing" from the title menu, pause menu, or any Collectible (yellow) shop, choose "Share Collectibles," enter your Gamertag and send you a message. The next time you log on, choose "Check Messages" in the Sharing menu, open the message, and click the "Get Collectibles!" menu option. This achievement will come while working towards One Tree Hill, since you need to trade Collectibles to get to 25. If you need help, visit the Achievement Trading Thread.

Go Ahead And Jump - 15
Watched a Kefling bounce through a long series of cannons

As soon as you get to the Forest Kingdom, grab a Kefling and start heading West. There should be a set of cannons already primed to loop endlessly. Drop the little guy in and watch him go until the achievement pops. It may take a few rotations, so be patient.

One Tree Hill - 15
Adorned your world with 25 unique decorative pieces

These are the Collectible pieces that you get from yellow shops or find in the wild, and are required to build houses (among other things). Your game will only have 19 in it, so you will need to have another player share their collection with you to get six more. You have to actually make all twenty-five pieces, but you don't have to use them in blueprints, you can just place them anywhere. You'll also unlock the Smile On Your Brother achievement while going for this one.

I Am The City - 25
Helped out with building 100 buildings.

This one isn't difficult, it just takes time. Houses are easiest, taking only seven logs, seven rocks and a Collectible (which you'll already have twenty-five of laying about from One Tree Hill). Some collectibles are easier than others, though. For instance, the Zen Rock Stack just takes six rocks, while the Eternal Torch takes seventeen magic powders and thirteen rocks. Try to find a cheap one. This achievement is a bore, but it shouldn't be too terrible, and by the end of the game you should have tons of rocks and lumber laying around.

Be It Ever So Humble - 25
Finished the Giant's Gift. How relaxing!

After you finish the Castle, the king will give you this blueprint. Gather up all your gifts and build it. Couldn't be simpler.

Come on, Vogue! - 10
Expressed yourself with 20 different emotes. Strike a pose!

Emotes will be unlocked over the course of the game, and you should easily be able to get 20 without any viral emotes or cross-game exclusives. To make it easier, perform all the ones you have at the beginning of the game, and then every time you unlock a new one, perform it right away. If you don't know, emotes are performed by selecting them with the D-Pad.

Endless Doug - 20
Got to know Doug pretty well. Does he ever stop talking?

This achievement is story-related and can't be missed. I believe this unlocks around the time you reach the Forest Kingdom, though I could be mistaken. But it will come as part of the story, and you can't miss it.

Help! (I Need Somebody) - 25
Started 10 buildings the builders finished without you

Pretty easy. The builders will only finish a blueprint for you if they've seen you build it before. Just set down one piece and they will build around it. Again, houses are easiest, and you'll probably knock out a few of these with houses and bridges during normal gameplay. If you don't finish it before story mode is over, then you can work on this and I Am The City at the same time.

Last edited by brad soup; 01-19-2011 at 01:23 PM.
brad soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Nice guide mate, thankyou

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 PM   #4
doomey

doomey's Gamercard
Superb thanks.
doomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #5
WootNyllon

Nyllon's Gamercard
Thanks for this.

WootNyllon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
pinkpenguin88

pinkpenguin88's Gamercard
Quick question, when building 100 buildings you said house... do these need hearts?

[edit] I am building houses and it's not adjusting my buildings built on the leaderboards, I dont know if this is a bit behind or not... does it matter if the builder brothers finish it?

Last edited by pinkpenguin88; 02-03-2011 at 08:24 PM.
pinkpenguin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
MINKISS

MINKISS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpenguin88 View Post
Quick question, when building 100 buildings you said house... do these need hearts?

[edit] I am building houses and it's not adjusting my buildings built on the leaderboards, I dont know if this is a bit behind or not... does it matter if the builder brothers finish it?
no i did it and just put done the collectible and the builders finished it and you also do not need the hearts i got mine at 115 houses total from all 3 kingdoms

FINALLY GOT MY COMMUNITY RACE DAY 2

FRIEND REQUEST WITHOUT A MESSAGE WILL BE DELETED
MINKISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:54 AM   #8
mbailey347

mikeprocurator's Gamercard
Kinda annoyed with this games MP achievements. But I do like the 2 player co-op addition to this game
mbailey347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
Dark Link IV

link n load's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINKISS View Post
no i did it and just put done the collectible and the builders finished it and you also do not need the hearts i got mine at 115 houses total from all 3 kingdoms
I can confirm this, u dont have to "activate" the building in order to count for the achievement.
Dark Link IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #10
Lady Mek

Lady Mek's Gamercard
Thanks, for the guide,I have three achievements left in the game and was starting to get frustrated
Lady Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
Turdboi

Turdboi's Gamercard
thanks for this guide, stopped me from going mad on a number of occasions lol

Turdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #12
rdskns170

the only IS's Gamercard
For the cannon achievement is there a specific number of cannons the kefling must go through as I am having trouble with the achievement I place the kefling in there when I first saw the cannons and nothing popped up so played for a bit added at least another 10 cannons and still achievement doesn't come up?

Thanks
rdskns170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
manieeee

iDeLiiGhTz Xx's Gamercard
can anybody help me with the sharing achiev please my gamertag is wheezycoma21369 thanks i will also help with any other achievments
manieeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #14
Suedon70
Living the dream....

SueDon70's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
thanks for the guide, looks like a fun game

Suedon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #15
blokdude

blokdude's Gamercard
Thanks

This thread was a great help. Thanks!
blokdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #16
ICEMANXICY

ICEMANXICY's Gamercard
rdy to try this
ICEMANXICY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #17
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
If you play this game with 3-4 people online, do most of the achievements pop for everyone as you progress through or just the host?
Old 02-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #18
Slipknot.army

Send a message via MSN to Slipknot.army Send a message via Skype™ to Slipknot.army

RunRunBangBang's Gamercard
I can't understand anything of this game, can anyone help? Thanks
Slipknot.army is offline   Reply With Quote