PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
slayer8462

Send a message via AIM to slayer8462

slayer8462's Gamercard
Hard Mode: The time it took me

If anyone wanted to enjoy the game on normal then play thru quickly on hard mode, I just completed a "speed run" if you will and it took me right around 7 hours of only main questing.

I would recommend starting on hard (wish i would have) because this game is pretty easy if you level up like you're supposed to.
slayer8462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I played it on hard for the whole 80+ hrs,there were times when i had a few problems but overall it was just right for me,and i had that summon a Faer Gorta who was giving me health when he attacked another enemy and that was pretty handy,he would attack one enemy while i attacked another

I also had a few fate potions at the end for the end boss,and it made it laughably easy

I was going to just finish the main quest on hard and then knock it down for the other fractions to earn achievements,but just thought what the hell,and kept it on hard

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
Sarsage

sarsage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer8462 View Post
If anyone wanted to enjoy the game on normal then play thru quickly on hard mode, I just completed a "speed run" if you will and it took me right around 7 hours of only main questing.

I would recommend starting on hard (wish i would have) because this game is pretty easy if you level up like you're supposed to.
When I did a hard mode speedrun, I was forced to do some sidequests because when I travelled to the island to get the gnome scientist there was about 12 red tagged undead laz chasing after me.
Sarsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Delirium1138

delirium1138's Gamercard
I was originally going to do a speed run but I soon realised that the game wasn't really hard at all on hard mode. So I just kept it on that difficulty. Still playing it on Hard even though I've beaten the game. As long as you have a lot of health potions and are good at blocking/dodging you shouldn't have much of a problem.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thanks! I'm planning on doing this myself.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but only playing on casual and it has started getting difficult. Well, if I don't chug potions, that is. Paragon destiny, using a combo of chakrams and magic, and a combo of gear (just not robes for the body). One issue is that it doesn't respond quickly to changing between blocking with the shield and spellcasting, and always starts to go into fateshift mode instead. What do you all think would be the easiest build for a fast run on hard?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Thanks! I'm planning on doing this myself.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but only playing on casual and it has started getting difficult. Well, if I don't chug potions, that is. Paragon destiny, using a combo of chakrams and magic, and a combo of gear (just not robes for the body). One issue is that it doesn't respond quickly to changing between blocking with the shield and spellcasting, and always starts to go into fateshift mode instead. What do you all think would be the easiest build for a fast run on hard?

you are not really doing anything wrong,just take into account that playing Normal and Hard isn't that much difference really

as for the blocking to casting,i found it similar to attacking to dodging,i would be attacking someone,see they were about to attack me and press dodge,but it was always too slow,so i would get smacked about

The easiest build for a run on hard would be what you are used to(IMO),i was just a dude with a longsword and magic(hardly used staff magic),and it didn't really give me that many problems...play to your own strengths

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
Onelastbreath

Onelastbreath09's Gamercard
I had heard that hard was pretty easy before i started so i went straight for it. For the full 1K it took 67 hours. Id recommend people start on hard because it really isnt.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
PsychicHorns

ThyKingdomScum's Gamercard
I've been trying to do a speed run on hard but I keep stopping to do side quests.
PsychicHorns is offline   Reply With Quote