Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
ME3 Ultimate Mission Guide

This guide is the property of the x360a community and x360a.org. It is not to be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of either myself or an x360a administrator.
This guide is intended to act as a checklist to help with the lack of mission tracking and provide a walkthrough format for completing all missions along with various conversation opportunities with squad-mates, crew, and random NPC's.

What should I expect when using this guide?

First of all, expect spoilers. While I've done my best to keep from mentioning them all, there's still plenty of spoilers from now on, especially from Mass Effect 1 & 2. You've been warned! The order can sometimes be confusing (my apologies) but try to remember that I aim to do as much in one location as I can to eliminate "back and forth" when completing missions. It helps to read the first line for each entry listed in "checklist" section to understand you can work on several missions at one time. Also, expect this guide to include a lot of info on all missions (DLC, story and side missions) but maybe not everything. This isn't 100% complete or perfect, so while it will help with knowing what's the next step for a certain mission, it may not be flawless. This is partly because of the variations due to your playthroughs from the 1st 2 games. These variations can slightly change your playthrough to having some "major" differences. Most of the info is from Paragon decisions, so expect most changes to occur when playing Renegade. Also, the "on screen pop-ups" don't always show or unfortunately shows too quickly for us to write it down. A big thanks to Bahroo3 for his dedication, feedback, and limitless information. Without his contributions, this guide wouldn't have been as "thorough."

So what is the layout for the guide?

Mission Name- The name is what will appear in your log. After the name, you'll find info for how the mission is started (how it's added to the mission log).
Details- This is your checklist of things to do, just like the old mission logs.
End- This is when your mission ends or where to "turn it in" (the final check on the checklist) to have it "grayed" out.
End Rewards- These are some of the potential rewards for mission complete, but not the items found within a mission (such as finding a weapon mod won't be listed here). The credits, rep, and/or paragon/renegade points are usually listed. When "Rep" is listed, it's referring to the prompt you get for reputation bonus that shows the half paragon and half renegade pic. When "Par/Ren" is listed, it's referring to the paragon or renegade bonuses you receive based on your paragon or renegade choices.
Mission Rewards- These are where items that can be found will be listed along with the potential for "bonus" Rep, Credits, XP, and Par/Ren points earned.
Enemy Types- These will have the enemy types listed that you'll face. Numbers or types shouldn't vary based on your playthrough difficulty, but how dangerous they are will certainly change.
Disk- #1 or 2, to know which disk the mission is on. This is to help limit "disk swapping"

There are variations on this formula for conversations and non-combat missions but expect them to be similar in layout.

There will be notations like "(#2 map)" that are in reference to the current map, located at the spot marked with the number. To check your map, press and select map by highlighting it and pressing

Important to note that if you miss an item required for "fetch" missions (such as the items in N7 missions needed to complete other side missions) they will become available for purchase at Spectre Requisitions. I've underlined these items to remind you to look for them during missions.

What about the order of missions?

We have listed everything from top to bottom in a walkthrough perspective to help keep the transitions from one to the next as easy as possible. "Checklist" entries will help provide an overview of what should be done while in a certain location. All mission log entries will have a # in front of the name to help indicate the order you should try to complete them in. (Meaning the end or turn-in.)

Also, it's very important to note that you should check your messages on your private terminal every possible chance to insure you don't miss anything. Try turning your volume up when your on the Citadel or Normandy. When your close enough, you'll hear them talk and if you continue to listen you'll gain missions, backstory, and hear some of the best jokes, like what happens when Turians run out of ammo.

How will the previous games' decisions effect my playthrough?

The following decisions directly impact how or even if you'll experience certain missions:
1- Did you save or kill the Rachni Queen? (ME1)
2- Did you save Ashley or Kaidan? (ME1)
3- Was the original council saved or killed? (ME1)
4- Did you save or destroy Maelon's research data? (ME2)
5- Is Wrex still alive? (ME1)
6- Did you destroy the Geth Heretic station or rewrite the heretics with the virus? (ME2)
7- Did you destroy or save the collector base? (ME2)
8- Who survived the end of ME2? (Suicide mission)
9- Who did you romance in ME1?
10- Who did you romance in ME2?

The results that impacted the writing of this guide are:
1- Queen saved. (Bahroo3- same)
2- Ashley saved. (Bahroo3- Kaidan)
3- Council saved. (Bahroo3- same)
4- Research saved. (Bahroo3- same)
5- Wrex survived. (Bahroo3- same)
6- Rewritten with virus. (Bahroo3- same)
7- Base destroyed. (Bahroo3- same)
8- Everyone survived. (Bahroo3- same)
9- Liara romanced. (Bahroo3- No One)
10- No one romanced. (Bahroo3- Tali)
I played on Normal difficulty with a "maxed out" character from my 1st ME3 playthrough. Bahroo3 played on Insanity during his "Spectre Challenge". See his thread for more info on what that entails. LINK.
Parts were replayed in Narrative difficulty to quickly confirm info or double-check for missed items. At least 90% of all decisions and/or dialog options were paragon.

The Key is:
Purple- Side Missions (missable)
Dark Red- Spectre Terminal
Green- Support (Agree with ____)
Red- Important info.

UPDATE May 9th- Added info for Unwavering Achievement. Credit Theoretic Eagle for the list. Also added some story related achievements. For more information on all achievements, click HERE!

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 05-09-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: As needed...
Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote