PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
oooz1991

Scott430's Gamercard
Installed but disc still spinning

Hey guys,

I bought AC: AH yesterday, loving it so far but even though I've installed the game to my HDD it's still running loud, same noise as made with a game that isn't installed. At first I thought it would just do so for the first few minutes like with Gears of War 3 but it doesn't go quiet.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it again but the disc is still spinning. Anybody have any ideas at all?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
rekikire

rekikire x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Some games still read from the disc after it's been installed, all depends on how the developer writes the game. There may be nothing you can do.
rekikire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
oooz1991

Scott430's Gamercard
Alright, not a problem. So long as I know it's written like that, just had a moment of concern that something could be up with the installation system on my Xbox! Cheers
Old 01-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Actually, it's probably that the game uses MS' new XGD3 disc format, which has extra security written to the disc which has to be read everytime the game is played to help prevent piracy, and make sure it's not a burned disc. Strange that it doesn't stop though, it should only do it for a little while after start up, or at least that's my understanding of how it works.
WOLFkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
oooz1991

Scott430's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
Actually, it's probably that the game uses MS' new XGD3 disc format, which has extra security written to the disc which has to be read everytime the game is played to help prevent piracy, and make sure it's not a burned disc. Strange that it doesn't stop though, it should only do it for a little while after start up, or at least that's my understanding of how it works.
That's what I expected to happen. It does that with Forza 4, Battlefield 3 and Gears 3. But not with this. Infact when it's loading up, just as it reaches the main menu after introduction videos, the disc stops spinning for a few seconds and then fires back up. If it's meant to do that, then I'm not complaining. The game is fantastic, wish I'd bought it on release now. Just wondering if it should be happening! Thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Other than heat, if any, what would a spinning disk do if the game's installed on a HD?

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
oooz1991

Scott430's Gamercard
My only concerns were heat and wear on the disc drive. Only other problem would be the positioning of my xbox. My uni flat feels like its made of paper, you can hear the xbox vibrating when spinning a disc from the kitchen and my room is above the lounge :P It isn't a problem. Great game!