PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Arcania: Gothic 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
Recipe glitch NOT going to be fixed

I just got word from JoWood that the recipe glitch is NOT going to be fixed, so the 'Master Chef' and 'Geek' achievements will never be obtainable. Say goodby to 1000 gamerpoints.
roachtbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
MrJul

JuLisou's Gamercard
We're now three months after the game release, so I wasn't expecting much, but this just sucks. Any chance you can cite your source? There's no answer on JoWood forum about this matter.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:40 AM   #3
RyanLightblade

RyanLightblade's Gamercard
Figures. They never did a good job patching Gothic 3. What would you expect with 4?
Old 02-04-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
What crappy customer service. My interest for this game dwindles every time I read about it. A pity, since there aren't that many RPGs on the 360.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
Source

Here is the source:

http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=174438&page=4

On this forum I asked if JoWood was going to fix the recipe glitch before the release of the DLC. M.Venom said no.

I guess he didn't say they would NEVER fix it, but I think it is doubtful, as JoWood already said that the upcoming DLC is the last DLC they plan to release for the game. I don't think they would spend money to fix this glitch AFTER the DLC is released because their would be no financial incentive to do so. I thought they might fix it before the release of the DLC to sell more DLC. But now I don't think they will ever fix it.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:25 AM   #6
deadly doll

lethal curse's Gamercard
That's a real shame that they'll never patch this problem.What I find even more disturbing are the amount of gamers listed on mygamercard.net who have the full 1000 gamerscore on a game that's clearly glitched for "master chef" which also affects the last achievement for obtaining all other achievements.There's even a couple gamers on TrueAchievements who have the full 1000.What a way to show the world that you're clearly a cheater than to 1K a broken game! And why Microsoft doesn't ban gamers like that is beyond me.
I really liked Arcania and was hoping for a patch.Since it won't be fixed,it's too bad that Microsoft couldn't make a way to add it to our completed games list with the 950 gamerscore.
deadly doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
I am extremely frustrated that JoWood is not going to fix this problem, which I think would be an easy fix. But honestly, I haven't given up all hope, and have continued to ask JoWood to fix this even after M.Venom said they would not. In fact, here is a link where you can message JoWood directly and ask them to fix the recipe glitch for the 360 version of the game:

http://www.jowood.com/?site=5&lang=e...gameid=arcania

Please go to this link and tell them that you WILL NOT buy the upcoming DLC unless they fix the recipe glitch. It seems like an easy glitch to fix and if they don't fix it, it shows how little they care about us gamers. Any reputable company would fix a glitch that made it impossible to get 1000 gamerpoints.

You can also create a username and ask JoWood questions directly on this website:

http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=174438

Gamers unite!!! We have to try to persuade JoWood to fix this!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
I just resent a message to JoWood about the recipe glitch. Here is what I wrote verbatim:

"I am still not giving up on y'all fixing the recipe glitch on the Xbox 360 version of the game. Many 360 gamers desperately want 1000 gamerpoints. If this glitch is fixed, you could include copies off all recipes in the upcoming DLC either as items hidden in the new areas opened by the DLC or as items available for purchase from a merchant. This would not only please 360 gamers, but also result in more sales of the DLC on the 360.
I know it would cost JoWood money to fix this glitch, and it would cost more money to get Microsoft to certify the patch before it is released as a title update on the 360, but it might be financially worth it due to the extra sales on the 360. Also, it would create goodwill from 360 gamers towards your company for fixing this problem. Any reputable company would fix a glitch that did not allow 360 gamers to get 1000 achievement points. Please consider doing this, as it would help the reputation of your company, and it might help y'all financially as well, as I know MANY 360 gamers who desperately want 1000 points on this game.
PLEASE FIX THIS. If it is NOT fixed, me and hundreds of other 360 gamers will NOT buy the upcoming DLC. If it is fixed, we will all buy the DLC, I promise. I think it would help y'all financially in the long run to fix this problem. Please pass this message on to the higher ups in your company and to the DLC department so they can make our wishes a reality.

Thanks"

Please send similar messages!!!!! Despite what M.Venum said, we might be able to change their minds. This is an easy fix, and they could do it if they wanted to. Tell them you will NOT buy the DLC unless this glitch is fixed! If they know they will be rewarded financially for fixing this, they will be more likely to do it. Tell them that you, as a 360 gamer, will only buy the DLC if they fix the recipe glitch so we can finally get 1000 points. I don't want to give up all hope yet.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
Squalo FIN

Squalo FIN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachtbp View Post
Gamers unite!!! We have to try to persuade JoWood to fix this!
That`s right. We must at least try and not give up our hope.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
Please help us get the recipe glitch fixed!!!

I hope others will join in our fight. Please message JoWood and tell them that you WILL NOT buy the new DLC for the 360 unless the recipe glitch is fixed. Click link below to message JoWood:

http://www.jowood.com/?site=5&lang=e...gameid=arcania
Old 02-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
deadly doll

lethal curse's Gamercard
Roachtbp,thank you for that link! I just sent a message to Jowood asking them to patch this game.
deadly doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #12
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
Deadly Doll, thanks for the help! Others, please email JoWood so they will fix this for us and we can finally get 1000 points.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #13
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
Actually, it may be possible to get the achievement without JoWood patching the game.

The glitch prevents your character from learning certain recipes because the game thinks your character has ALREADY learned them. This glitch makes it impossible to craft certain items because there is no way to get the recipe on your crafting list.

But the game DOES think you have learned the recipe. So it may be possible to get the achievement if 1) the glitched recipes the game thinks you have already learned count towards the achievement, AND 2) all recipes missing from the main game are available in the DLC.

So whether the upcoming DLC will allow us to get the achievement depends on: 1) whether the game counts the glitched recipes towards the achievement or whether the recipes actually have to be in your crafting list before they will count towards the achievement, and 2). whether the recipes missing from the main game will be available in the DLC.

Not being able to craft an item doesn't bother me too much, but not being able to get 1000 points because of a glitch after spending hours trying to do so does bother me.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #14
RougeRogue

rougerogue1's Gamercard
Well, I just posted on that "Ask JoWood" thread. Too bad, looks like this will probably be the first . . . and, last . . . that I ever hear of what probably was, otherwise, a pretty good game. But, without a fix, I won't be buying it.

... and, with customer support like that, this may be the first . . . and, last . . . that I ever hear of "JoWood."

*shrug*
Old 03-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #15
Isanox
Banned User

isanox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Any word on the DLC date?

I'd really like to get this damn bugged fixed. And if the DLC doesn't, no way in hell I'll buy it.
Isanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #16
Nebril

Nebril17's Gamercard
No Idea still havent heard a word regarding the dlc. I am still annoyed by this myself i sent a message to them and got

" i am sorry you having this problem we will forward this to the game devs and will be closing this ticket."
Nebril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #17
Stevey Boy2006

Original Bstard's Gamercard
All he actually said is-
Quote:
Hi roachtbp,

I'm sorry, but I have to tell you that this will not be fixed before release.

Kind regards,
Venom
So maybe they'll fix it after the DLC comes out?
Old 03-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #18
kelendral

I doubt it will ever get fixed since the DLC, at least based on the link below, may never see the light of day. Combined with the bankruptcy filing back in January, I don't think JoWood will be patching anything.

http://press.jowood.com/html/News/ne...EWS&bereich=61

Last edited by kelendral; 03-26-2011 at 07:12 PM.
kelendral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:57 AM   #19
Sting7785

blandmr's Gamercard
Quote:
Actually, it may be possible to get the achievement without JoWood patching the game.

The glitch prevents your character from learning certain recipes because the game thinks your character has ALREADY learned them. This glitch makes it impossible to craft certain items because there is no way to get the recipe on your crafting list.

But the game DOES think you have learned the recipe. So it may be possible to get the achievement if 1) the glitched recipes the game thinks you have already learned count towards the achievement, AND 2) all recipes missing from the main game are available in the DLC.

So whether the upcoming DLC will allow us to get the achievement depends on: 1) whether the game counts the glitched recipes towards the achievement or whether the recipes actually have to be in your crafting list before they will count towards the achievement, and 2). whether the recipes missing from the main game will be available in the DLC.

Not being able to craft an item doesn't bother me too much, but not being able to get 1000 points because of a glitch after spending hours trying to do so does bother me.
I was actually able to get the Master Chef achievement doing this. I of course have the issue where I can't learn the Minor Stamina Potion because I have the Minor Mana Potion learned. There are also about 3-4 others that it says I have already learned, but aren't on my crafting list. I just decided to ignore this and hope that since the game things I've already learned it, that they'd count towards the achievement. I went on collecting all the recipes on the recipe list and when I used the last one the achievement actually did pop. This is despite the fact that I'm technically missing a few from the list, but it thinks I know them.

Now for the real kicker...after Master Chef popped, Geek did not even though those were the only 2 achievements I hadn't gotten yet. No idea how to get Geek to pop though. Now I'm sitting at 45/46 for 960. ><

Edit: Still no luck getting Geek to pop. Tried beating the last boss again and beating her on Gothic from old saves. Tried starting a new game. No luck with anything I've tried so far.

Last edited by Sting7785; 09-01-2011 at 05:10 AM.
Sting7785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #20
MrJul

JuLisou's Gamercard
That's interesting to hear about Master Chef being accessible. However, how come your gamertag stands at 245/1000G for Gothic 4?
Old 09-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #21
Sting7785

blandmr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJul View Post
That's interesting to hear about Master Chef being accessible. However, how come your gamertag stands at 245/1000G for Gothic 4?
I didn't have the ethernet cable plugged into my 360 in a week or so, it's been on the PS3. I just signed in, so it should be updated on xbox.com now.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #22
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting7785 View Post
I was actually able to get the Master Chef achievement doing this. I of course have the issue where I can't learn the Minor Stamina Potion because I have the Minor Mana Potion learned. There are also about 3-4 others that it says I have already learned, but aren't on my crafting list. I just decided to ignore this and hope that since the game things I've already learned it, that they'd count towards the achievement. I went on collecting all the recipes on the recipe list and when I used the last one the achievement actually did pop. This is despite the fact that I'm technically missing a few from the list, but it thinks I know them.

Now for the real kicker...after Master Chef popped, Geek did not even though those were the only 2 achievements I hadn't gotten yet. No idea how to get Geek to pop though. Now I'm sitting at 45/46 for 960. ><

Edit: Still no luck getting Geek to pop. Tried beating the last boss again and beating her on Gothic from old saves. Tried starting a new game. No luck with anything I've tried so far.
I'm sorry Sting7785, but I'm calling BS on this, as it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the acheivement, not because of the glitch, but because some recipes are missing from the game entirely. I got every recipe in the entire game after doing a 70 hour playthrough and searching in every nook and cranny. The achievement did not unlock. You are likely playing offline so you can hack your console to get the achievement. As MrJul has already pointed out, you are a liar. Have a nice day.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:21 AM   #23
Isanox
Banned User

isanox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm sorry Sting7785, but I'm calling BS on this, as it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the acheivement, not because of the glitch, but because some recipes are missing from the game entirely. I got every recipe in the entire game after doing a 70 hour playthrough and searching in every nook and cranny. The achievement did not unlock. You are likely playing offline so you can hack your console to get the achievement. As MrJul has already pointed out, you are a liar. Have a nice day.
I agree. I did THREE full playthroughs, saving to different device. Searched everywhere and even have the strategy guide.
Isanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #24
Sting7785

blandmr's Gamercard
Quote:
If I were hacking it, then why would I leave the one achievement for unlocking all achievements locked?

Here are the messed up ones for me:

Greater Elixir of Arcane Might
Grater Elixir of Prowess
Mighty Mana Potion
Minor Stamina Potion
Potent Stamina Potion

These 5 are missing from my list of craftable items, but it won't let me learn them and says that I have already learned them. Everything else I was able to learn just fine and the achievement popped.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #25
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting7785 View Post
If I were hacking it, then why would I leave the one achievement for unlocking all achievements locked?

Here are the messed up ones for me:

Greater Elixir of Arcane Might
Grater Elixir of Prowess
Mighty Mana Potion
Minor Stamina Potion
Potent Stamina Potion

These 5 are missing from my list of craftable items, but it won't let me learn them and says that I have already learned them. Everything else I was able to learn just fine and the achievement popped.
Sting7785, you are lying.

But for everyone else here who isn't a douchebag, these are some of the recipes listed in the strategy guide that are missing from the game completely:

- 7 recipes entitled Blueprint: Setarrif's Pride (all these recipes seem to make the same item, but with different ingredients)
- Ars Magica: Light Frost Arrows
- Blueprint: Refined Mace
- Vis Vilas: Baelith
- Alchemical Recipe for Heartstring Elixir
- Alchemical Recipe for Stoneskin Elixir

There may be a few more missing from the game, but those are the recipes that I know for sure are missing from the game.

Last edited by roachtbp; 11-15-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #26
DFB 1708

DFB 1708's Gamercard
He does have the MasterChef achievement, whether it's due to hacking, luck or finding a workaround. He has it, we don't.

Guides:
Fable 3 DLC & From Dust

My Completed Games + DLC:
Fable II & III, Risen I, Elder Srolls IV & V, Civilization Revolution, Modern Warfare I & II, Fallout III, Bully, AC I & II & III, Lost, The Godfather I & II, Dragon Age I & II, Alone In The Dark, Overlord I, Darksiders I, The Darkness I, Mass Effect I & II, Dark Souls,
DFB 1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #27
Beastmaster

Orge Lambart's Gamercard
Not calling Sting a liar or anything, but it's pretty strange how you get the acievement to unlock at the same time your internet is down so it doesn't have a time stamp.

While normally it's meh, many other are having issues getting it to pop. If you are being honest, which I don't really see what the point of lieing or leaving off the Geek achievement would be.

Maybe it's a receipe that most people overlook. With a game this large, overlooking a single receipe doesn't seem all that far fetched.

Anyway, even with the two glitched achievements I'm still planning on playing this game. Maybe I'll get lucky too.
Beastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #28
Old Age Pensioner

KORQI's Gamercard
I read on the internet that Nordic Games acquired JoWood and The Adventure Company. Nordic Games said that it plans to develop and invest in both company's core franchises including the popular Gothic series. Is it possible that Nordic Games could be convinced to fix the Master Chef Recipe glitch?
Old Age Pensioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #29
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This game had me download an update not too many days ago, wondering if this was it?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #30
MythJay

MythJay's Gamercard
your all funny calling him a liar just because he has it and you don't lol like he said why would he leave off one achievement? and yea its funny he hasnt got a time stamp i don't have time stamp on half of my achievements must mean i hack as well :/ newt to do with the fact my net goes down alot
MythJay is offline   Reply With Quote