PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Armored Core 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
Idain Auzkovyn

Idain Auzkovyn's Gamercard
Season reset?

Well earlier today they had something flashing on the screen about the season ending and shit was being reset.. now all the teams who have territories have " WE Quit" as their team emblem.. anyone know whaat the hell happened?
Idain Auzkovyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Does this make it nearly impossible to get the 1000 or break up monopolies?
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
Trayma

Trayma's Gamercard
Season Reset

It means that some team won the war and it is restarting a all new one so their will be a new victor.
Trayma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
Strid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idain Auzkovyn View Post
Well earlier today they had something flashing on the screen about the season ending and shit was being reset.. now all the teams who have territories have " WE Quit" as their team emblem.. anyone know whaat the hell happened?
They're just being a bunch of babies for two reasons. 1: They had no idea how the reset worked and just assumed it would release all territorial holds, forcing a land grab, it didn't. 2: They assumed we'd be getting the updated version of the game, we didn't.

@ Shinobi273; it does neither.
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
Idain Auzkovyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strid View Post
They're just being a bunch of babies for two reasons. 1: They had no idea how the reset worked and just assumed it would release all territorial holds, forcing a land grab, it didn't. 2: They assumed we'd be getting the updated version of the game, we didn't.

@ Shinobi273; it does neither.
Right so Bandai never posted on a forum what they were doing. ( the later being no one looked lol) As for the land not being reset well.. that the downfall with online games. well console at least. they dont' do things like simple resets to keep it fresh and going. it why I'll never get the one achievement in DoA 4 for being the top ranked player in the world.. ( on a side. in my opinion.. and to be blunt I apologies in advance but, FUCK ALL ONLINE RANKED ACHIEVEMENTS...
Old 04-05-2012, 05:34 AM   #6
Idain Auzkovyn

From the offical AC 5 facebook page.

Answering to the questions (overseas version)

Thank you for your questions about our company’s game title, ARMORED GORE V, and also a great thanks for your patronage to our product.

We cannot answer to the particular questions of the overseas version (such as server and patches) of ARMORED CORE V,
since NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. is in charge of the sales abroad.
We are very sorry, but please contact NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
Also, please let them know your region and platform as well.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.
We hope you will understand.

Thank you
FromSoftware

Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idain Auzkovyn View Post
Right so Bandai never posted on a forum what they were doing. ( the later being no one looked lol) As for the land not being reset well.. that the downfall with online games. well console at least. they dont' do things like simple resets to keep it fresh and going. it why I'll never get the one achievement in DoA 4 for being the top ranked player in the world.. ( on a side. in my opinion.. and to be blunt I apologies in advance but, FUCK ALL ONLINE RANKED ACHIEVEMENTS...
To be fair, the DoA4 rank SS achievement is based on accumulated 'points' not an actual world rank. If it were regularly reset, it would be much more difficult to unlock.

I will join you on the ranked achievements though. I absolutely hate ranked achievements.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #8
Strid

*Note: I can only speak for the ACV North American locked servers.

Well technically none of the achievements in ACV are ranked. What they are is linked to the territorial mode that hardly anyone has an idea how to manage properly. You'd think these "elite" teams of, predominantly, AC lifers would have a grasp of how to handle it, but sadly they do not. Especially the part where teams think it's like Pokemon and they got to have them (territories) all.

On the Japanese version of the game it's extremely rare to not get into emergency battles at any time of day and territories are constantly on fire. Simply put, the mode is completely lost on the North American majority, due to sense (lack there of), greediness (Pokemon effect), and the fact that the majority of our population would rather be playing MW3 than a game of skill.

So yeah, unless you get into one of these teams that are already on the board, it's going to be hell to get some of the achievements until they stop playing. I thought yesterday might have been a good day, since most of them were being a bunch of crybabies, but for the most part it seems like they were just all blowing smoke out their ass.
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #9
Idain Auzkovyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
To be fair, the DoA4 rank SS achievement is based on accumulated 'points' not an actual world rank. If it were regularly reset, it would be much more difficult to unlock.

I will join you on the ranked achievements though. I absolutely hate ranked achievements.

Ah so there is hope for 1k DoA4 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strid View Post
the fact that the majority of our population would rather be playing MW3 than a game of skill.
I Lol'd so Hard when I red this part that Milk came out my Nose XD

And the Ranked remark I made was towards ranked achievement in general :3

Last edited by Shinobi273; 04-06-2012 at 06:27 PM.