Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #61
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
Do you really think Bioware wanted to push the rest of their DLC schedule back for something that was already finished? They are potentially losing tons of money by pushing their other plans back, so I highly doubt it.
This doesn't bother me, because I'm pretty sure the only other DLC We're going to get is Multiplayer. . . The Multiplayer isn't terrible, but I'll be sad when 85% of the DLC we get is multiplayer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
And I think the leak was valid for one simple reason. Because Patrick Weekes never responded on Twitter to say that it happened any other way. If you wanted to clear your name, wouldn't you come out and say "No, everyone was involved in the writing of the ending"? Or "It was actually so and so"? He hasn't said one word publicly about it ever since the leak.

The writers are very generous with their praise of each others' accomplishments, especially when responding to tweets. If anyone else had been involved with the ending besides who we were told about in the leak, you can bet Patrick would have been the first one to say "So and so helped with the ending, too" If for no other reason than to give the other people credit for their work......whether we hate that work or not. He is a pretty humble guy, so if he had helped with the ending and not someone else, he would have admitted it. The fact that he mentions nobody, speaks volumes.

Also, neither Casey nor Mac have come out to say that they DIDN'T work on the ending......so that lends further validation.
I agree. I also think the Fact that Weekes Posted it before the Ending Controversy exploded and it got removed before the Ending Controversy exploded lends a lot of Credibility to it being true.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #62
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
This doesn't bother me, because I'm pretty sure the only other DLC We're going to get is Multiplayer. . . The Multiplayer isn't terrible, but I'll be sad when 85% of the DLC we get is multiplayer.
It doesn't bother me either. The point I was making was directed at Vindicator because he was suggesting that the Extended Cut DLC cutscenes might already be on the disk. They wouldn't be pushing their DLC schedule back to get this out by Summer if that were true.

And I can guarantee you that there will be more than just MP DLC later on. How successful any of that DLC will be is up in the air after the horrible ending, but after the success of LOTSB and the hints that Mike Gamble dropped on Twitter about 'keeping your ME3 saves and game disc for a long time', there is just no way that they aren't going to release some kind of campaign related DLC (although, it may not involve Shepard at all). My bet is eventually, they will release something that ties into whatever ME game they have planned next.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #63
D-star

AntenDeathStar's Gamercard
If the ending cutscenes were on disc then they would of been found already by PC players, like with the files found on LOTSB and Kasumi DLC from Mass Effect 2.

I would say if they did rush the ending they are just filling in some of the peices that they didn't have time to implement.
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #64
!xobile

bloodred123's Gamercard
i was shocked as soon as i saw the word "free"

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/55827086 - Andy Carroll
!xobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #65
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
What was the old/original ending suppose to be? I heard it got leaked so they changed it to the bullshit one we got now.
The Reapers are races that have come together to solve the problem of dark energy before it tears the galaxy apart. Shepard could either destroy the reapers (and the mass relays) or let humanity get harvested and hope that the ends justify the means.

It's not much of an improvement, and has all of the elements that people hate about the current endings. The Normandy crashing thing wasn't in it at least.

Last edited by Merch; 04-06-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Merch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #66
Tsuarn

Tsuarn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
The Reapers are races that have come together to solve the problem of dark energy before it tears the galaxy apart. Shepard could either destroy the reapers (and the mass relays) or let humanity get harvested and hope that the ends justify the means.

It's not much of an improvement, and has all of the elements that people hate about the current endings. The Normandy crashing thing wasn't in it at least.
Personally the leaked ending made more sense.
The ending we got Meh. Lets wait till this DLC comes out. BETTER MAKE SENSE or im gonna download Bioware games from now on.
Tsuarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #67
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuarn View Post
Personally the leaked ending made more sense.
The ending we got Meh. Lets wait till this DLC comes out. BETTER MAKE SENSE or im gonna download Bioware games from now on.

I hope you aren't suggesting that you have a modded console, because that kind of talk is a no-no around here. It means all of your achievements are invalid. Not throwing out an accusation, just want some clarification on what you mean by downloading their games, since you have to have a modded console to play them.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #68
D-star

Maybe he plays it on PC. I have all the Mass Effects on PC but i still post here. I was going to refuse to buy the ending DLC but i was going to play it.

Also how does having a modded console makes your achievements null?
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #69
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-star View Post
Maybe he plays it on PC. I have all the Mass Effects on PC but i still post here. I was going to refuse to buy the ending DLC but i was going to play it.

Also how does having a modded console makes your achievements null?
If he plays it on PC then he is already downloading games from Bioware. He clearly stated that he is going to start IF the DLC doesn't make sense. Why would he threaten to give them more business by legally downloading more games from Bioware, if they do something that makes him unhappy? That makes no sense.

What I mean with the achievements is that they wouldn't be recognized on this site as legit. Any achievement gained that goes against the TOS of MS (hacked, gamesave, modded system) is also considered against the X360A site policy of having your accomplishments recognized. Promoting any of that stuff can actually get you banned. Let me clarify that I am not threatening to narc on him, I was just giving him a heads up so he could cover his ass by 'ammending' his statement.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #70
D-star

Well on PC you can get the disc and install it on your PC thought Origin works funny and you can actually download it to even if you have the disc.