Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
RippinTags

FPS Jolteon's Gamercard
Rank System?

Do you guys think Halo 4 will have the reach rank system. Or halo 3 style up to level 50.
RippinTags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
LTC PUDIE 42X

LT PUDIE 42X's Gamercard
The way games are these days "main stream" i doubt they would go with a Halo 3/2 rank system any true skill system will most likely play out under the hood. Hopefully it isn't a grind like Reach though.
LTC PUDIE 42X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
I want the ranking system to be similar to cod. Getting to the highest level is fast but resetting should give you a big reward.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I mak3 big boom View Post
I want the ranking system to be similar to cod. Getting to the highest level is fast but resetting should give you a big reward.
Aww h3ll no. Because it looks like every god damn game is already going with a Prestige thing. I don't want Halo 4 to be infected with that sh*t.
It takes god awful forever to get to Halo: Reach's max rank "Inheritor", so why would Prestiging be any good?
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyo View Post
Aww h3ll no. Because it looks like every god damn game is already going with a Prestige thing. I don't want Halo 4 to be infected with that sh*t.
It takes god awful forever to get to Halo: Reach's max rank "Inheritor", so why would Prestiging be any good?
I said right there in my post that the ranking would be faster. I knew my post would get attacked because apparently anything similar to cod is bad and *generic*.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:44 AM   #6
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I have no idea what they'll do, but I hope it doesn't end up like Reach. Halo 3 was just a fun game to play -- so many fun custom games. In Reach, so much fewer people were playing custom games because they were busy earning credits and commendations to rank up. Imo, Reach seemed like work while Halo 3 was recreation.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
They should simply keep it easy.

Ranked games - allow you to get your rating up.
Social Games/everything else - allows you to get credits or points (ala Reach) - but without the heavy emphasis on ratings.

I would also like to see the 1-50 return. Reach's Arena rankings were a mess because of the longevity it took to rank up/down in my opinion.

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #8
fax5jrj

fax5jrj's Gamercard
Quote:
I said right there in my post that the ranking would be faster. I knew my post would get attacked because apparently anything similar to cod is bad and *generic*.
Why are you making an effort to defend COD on a HALO forum?

On topic, I think they should go with true skill, but lower it to like 30 or something. 50 was really difficult, and everyone who had it was an ass about it. They should also use Reach's credit system, since XP is less fair.
fax5jrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fax5jrj View Post
Why are you making an effort to defend COD on a HALO forum?

On topic, I think they should go with true skill, but lower it to like 30 or something. 50 was really difficult, and everyone who had it was an ass about it. They should also use Reach's credit system, since XP is less fair.
I think cR systems or XP systems should simply go.

I understand the longevity of them - but think back to the Halo 2 days. Less D-heads online and people just wanted to play the game.

UPCOMING!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
fastNcurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMaker1 View Post
I think cR systems or XP systems should simply go.

I understand the longevity of them - but think back to the Halo 2 days. Less D-heads online and people just wanted to play the game.
I completely agree on all counts. Getting rid of them would make games so much more fun; people would be less focused on stupid crap. But then from a developer's standpoint, they want to turn it into a grindfest so that people keep playing and playing and playing and buying DLCs. Lol.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
I completely agree on all counts. Getting rid of them would make games so much more fun; people would be less focused on stupid crap. But then from a developer's standpoint, they want to turn it into a grindfest so that people keep playing and playing and playing and buying DLCs. Lol.
Well, I would personally like to see an emulation of Halo 3's ranking system.

Number system + social WINS system. This allows for people to focus on winning, etc.

You should get three categories of "points" or "cR" or "XP"
  • Finishing a game for the cR (make it more consistent than Reach, deduct a LOT if you quit out)
  • Winning a game for the XP
  • Winning a ranked game for the ranking system

UPCOMING!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
fax5jrj

fax5jrj's Gamercard
Quote:
Well, I would personally like to see an emulation of Halo 3's ranking system.

Number system + social WINS system. This allows for people to focus on winning, etc.

You should get three categories of "points" or "cR" or "XP"
  • Finishing a game for the cR (make it more consistent than Reach, deduct a LOT if you quit out)
  • Winning a game for the XP
  • Winning a ranked game for the ranking system
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, actually. I think that they should have done what bungie did, and mix everything from every Halo game into one. (Instead they delivered what felt like a totally different game with half-assed multiplayer maps)

Last edited by fax5jrj; 03-15-2012 at 09:34 PM.
fax5jrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #13
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Make it simple and go back to a variation of the original system in Halo 2:

Two playlist groupings. You have Ranked and Social.

Ranked sports an up-to-date version of the classic 1 to 50 (or maybe 1 to 100+ since players in H3 reached 50 easily and more numbers would allow the game to more evenly distribute players in the same skill group), the number system itself would be hidden from the public and never actually be known to the player (like Halo: Reach did discreetly. This was a good way to keep scumbags from boosting True 50 accounts and selling them), players would not be allowed to have guest accounts join them, and all current DLC maps would be required to access the playlists.

Social has all of the same playlists as Ranked, but there is no ranking system, guests may join and the game does not require you to own DLC maps to play. This could also be home to all of the unique community Grabbag games that they like to introduce into the playlists as well as a place to debut Forge Maps (instead of infesting gametypes like Big Team Battle and ruining the experience like Reach did.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #14
xIAmAZombiex

RAINBOW FOETUS's Gamercard
A mix of Reach and Halo 3. If you just had it like 3, then unlocking armour etc will have to be tied to rank. That's great if you want a whole bunch of similar looking Spartans running around, because everyone will use their most recent unlock. Have the ranking system from 3 and have the credits system only tied into unlocking armour. That would please all those fanboys who can't handle change.
xIAmAZombiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
Chads WorId

Chads WorId's Gamercard
1-50/100; grades that are rank exclusive would bring people back to Halo.. a lot of people. There is no drive to win when everyone is basically rewarded the same (Reach) and The Arena has very serious flaws, seeing it return will make me rage. :P 343 seems to be listening to the community and surprising me at how much they're doing to try and save Reach, so I have faith they'll make players come back whatever the system.
Chads WorId is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #16
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
When compared with Halo, yes. Not in general, in context. That is the system a lot of games are employing nowadays
Old 04-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #17
N7 Shadow

N7 Shadow x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Bring back the Halo 2 ranking system, back when your rank mattered and was hard to achieve and keep (For the most part lol modders >_>). Halo 3 was similar but didn't quite feel the same. I also like and agree with MixMaker1's post about how it should be.

"And in the end, as the darkness takes me....I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend...."
N7 Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #18
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I really enjoyed the unlock/customisation of Reach, but i didn't like how it was going to take me 9 million points to unlock everything. I wouldn't mind something similar to Battlefield Bad Company 2 were you unlocked everything by level 25 which took about 3-4 months as a casual gamer, yet you could continue your rank past that for bragging rights. This was probably one of the few games with an progression/unlock system where i didn't see a lot of boosting
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #19
Blink

JDS Karma's Gamercard
I hope they have the trueskill element again. I'm tired of seeing high-level Reach players who are terrible.

But, like Halo 3, there should be social playlists where trueskill doesn't matter.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:35 AM   #20
inventindascene

inventindascene's Gamercard
true skill all the way, no more i play a lot bull crap
inventindascene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #21
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Bring back everything about the Halo 3 system. Individual ranks in playlists, overall rank, 1 XP for a win, Double XP weekends, etc.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:02 AM   #22
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Ubnless rank is an acheivement or unlocks stuff.. who cares. I had inheritor and still got beat by players less than me... onthe other hand I beat players better than me too.
True skill isn't true at all. If you're the best player out there and get ona team of knickleheads, you can't win against any team of decent players...period. So where is the skill involved when you're watered down by your mates? Also wit he ranking system, you get x amount of boosters and bang.. you're higher than anyone else and still can't win a match vs a noob.
Rank vs prestige - who cares.. No one will remember what rank you are 3 minutes after the match is over...and sure as hell wont CARE 2 minutes later.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:04 AM   #23
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
I hope they have the trueskill element again. I'm tired of seeing high-level Reach players who are terrible.

But, like Halo 3, there should be social playlists where trueskill doesn't matter.
Did you ever get tired of getting on a true skill team with players that suck and have a decent rank???? Or gt tired of winning 5 in a row without moving up, then lose 2 and drop a point???
Old 04-09-2012, 04:41 AM   #24
P2 Prophet

They should keep it the same as the other Halo games. Or slightly tweak it a bit.
Don`t need a leveling system like Call of Duty. Not even like Battlefield.

Regardless on how they do it though, I will still play.
P2 Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #25
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
Did you ever get tired of getting on a true skill team with players that suck and have a decent rank???? Or gt tired of winning 5 in a row without moving up, then lose 2 and drop a point???
That only happened if you constantly won and lost repetitively around the same skill, therefore being skill locked, it's not our fault if you got into that mess, just play with a team
Old 04-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #26
Blink

JDS Karma's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
Granted there may have been flaws in the system, but once you managed to get into high 40's, the games were always competitive and 90% of the players you matched with/against could hold their own.

Ideally, I'd like to see some sort of combination between Halo 3 and Reach's ranking systems. Where you can still be the highest rank just by playing a lot, but there also being some element of numbered skill attached to your profile, which effects the games you play overall.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #27
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Granted there may have been flaws in the system, but once you managed to get into high 40's, the games were always competitive and 90% of the players you matched with/against could hold their own.

Ideally, I'd like to see some sort of combination between Halo 3 and Reach's ranking systems. Where you can still be the highest rank just by playing a lot, but there also being some element of numbered skill attached to your profile, which effects the games you play overall.
This isa ll true when you get those players that are "on thier game" I'd get high 40's in my squad, that were trying to talk onthe phones, yapping with their bitches, screaming kids inteh background...etc. I always seemed to get he worst possible times to play with some people. As for gettign MY friends to play...LOL.. they suck so bad they can't aim at the dirt and hit it 50% of the time. we layed reach alot and 1 of my friends (and he's competent) would only finish with a possitive k/d about 1 out of 15 games (swat), and could go as low as -20 a game....NEVER easy to win giving a 20 pt head cushion...but he's a friend and hard to tell him he sucks so bad I don't want him on my team....LOL
Mayeb they could look ingot cumlative rankings. Say if you;re playing all out and youre a 1 (lowest) and you win while playing ranks 10-15 (out of 100)... it would average the opponents and your effency against them and promote/demote as necessary. So as a team if your team average was 10 and your opponents were 85 and you just mopped the floor wit them, you may see a decent increase as opposed to a minimal increase if you just barely squeeked one out... Hell I don't know. I'm just going to play. As far as rank, I'm sure ti will get cheated by somone, boosted by others, so inthe end it won't really matter. With all teh scams, cheats and issues with h3/reach, no one even remevers the 50s and inheritors now.. the awe was stripped by the cheaters. I mean I know of 1 inheritor that got it legit...LOL.. me... but I'm not asking for a trophy over it. As long as the game as a whole is good, I'll be satisfied.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #28
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I would like it to be more like Halo 3.

Ideally though it needs a balance between the 'skill' aspect of Halo 3's ranking system and the accessibility to newcomers of Reach.

Quote:

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #29
ash356

Flamin X demon's Gamercard
Quote:
I totally agree.
If the fanboys want to bash me for having the sheer audacity to have an opinion that contrasts to their 'perfect vision' of the Halo franchise, so be it. Heavens forbid we decide to have our own opinion and preference on matters.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #30
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
make it more consistent than Reach, deduct a LOT if you quit out
This.

On a separate note, I too agree with the idea being tossed around that the armory system with cr was great fun and stuff but took too goddamned long to unlock.
I'm sure credits could still exist with a undercover ranking system. I'm probably average skill, and hate being matched against complete powerhouse teams all the time.

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote