PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
Krondors

Maher100's Gamercard
Trial #1: Here are some real tips

Hey everyone,

I'm sure there's plenty of you out there pissed off with this trial so let me give some real tips on how to do this one, cause watching a video of others doing is only going to frustrate you.

1) You can button mash this to an extend, the game is based on a queue system. Basically if for example you are trying to do a X, X, Y combo, the game only takes 2 inputs at a time, which mean that when the game is executing the first X it's queuing up the 2nd X, and when it executing the 2nd X it queues up the Y. BUT when the game is still executing a move, the queue button, this in case the Y can be changed before the current move is finished. This means that if you pressed the wrong button in a combo, you can change it to the correct one so long as you do it before the current action is completed.

2) Now the combo shown at the top of the screen is very useful when trying to use the first tip. Those buttons (say for the last 3 combos of the trial) pretty much tell you exactly when you press the next button. So for example the X, X, X, Hold B, X, X, Y combo. As you start doing these combo, you might get caught in the blur of button mashing, this is fine, just watch the buttons at the top, each time one of them lights up, immediately start mashing the next button. Mash it til it lights up, then move on to the next one. This might sound obvious, but the thing is most people end up pressing X, X, X Hold B to fast, while the game is still executing the 2nd X. Keep your eyes on it, its a good way to keep pace and not skip buttons.

3) Now the Hold B, I noticed that you can button mash this until he starts performing the move (this is the one where he stabs his Saber into the ground). When is begins to perform this move, you can then begin to hold B down, button mash til it starts to ensure the move starts, then follow through with the Hold.

4) Avoid the droid, I would seriously suggest circling the rim of the platform, clock-wise or counter clock-wise which ever is easier for you.

5) Ok now the FINAL combo, this is the only that I'm sure is pissing off the majority of you. First off practice doing just an X, X, X, X combo. Pay close attention to the end of this combo, it ends with Starkiller swinging his left saber from the ground upward. This is the VERY LAST SWING of the attack, it is during this moment you need to press the next 4 X's. I know most people have seen videos of them saying to watch for the saber going up, but do just the X, X, X, X combo til you see it yourself. It's the very last part of the attack, if you press it any sooner, you end up doing an X, X, X, X, X combo instead. DO NOT button mash here, it will queue up the 5th X.

I hope this all helps, if not contact me, Gamertag Maher100
Krondors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
XPac23

XPac23's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krondors View Post

4) Avoid the droid, I would seriously suggest circling the rim of the platform, clock-wise or counter clock-wise which ever is easier for you.
I've tried doing this but for some reason if i don't hit him with the second button then it doesn't register i don't know why. Even the first combo x,x,x if i don't hit him at least with the second x it won't register as me doing the combo.
XPac23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:56 AM   #3
kain_da_damaja

Kain The Damaja's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krondors View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm sure there's plenty of you out there pissed off with this trial so let me give some real tips on how to do this one, cause watching a video of others doing is only going to frustrate you.

1) You can button mash this to an extend, the game is based on a queue system. Basically if for example you are trying to do a X, X, Y combo, the game only takes 2 inputs at a time, which mean that when the game is executing the first X it's queuing up the 2nd X, and when it executing the 2nd X it queues up the Y. BUT when the game is still executing a move, the queue button, this in case the Y can be changed before the current move is finished. This means that if you pressed the wrong button in a combo, you can change it to the correct one so long as you do it before the current action is completed.

2) Now the combo shown at the top of the screen is very useful when trying to use the first tip. Those buttons (say for the last 3 combos of the trial) pretty much tell you exactly when you press the next button. So for example the X, X, X, Hold B, X, X, Y combo. As you start doing these combo, you might get caught in the blur of button mashing, this is fine, just watch the buttons at the top, each time one of them lights up, immediately start mashing the next button. Mash it til it lights up, then move on to the next one. This might sound obvious, but the thing is most people end up pressing X, X, X Hold B to fast, while the game is still executing the 2nd X. Keep your eyes on it, its a good way to keep pace and not skip buttons.

3) Now the Hold B, I noticed that you can button mash this until he starts performing the move (this is the one where he stabs his Saber into the ground). When is begins to perform this move, you can then begin to hold B down, button mash til it starts to ensure the move starts, then follow through with the Hold.

5) Ok now the FINAL combo, this is the only that I'm sure is pissing off the majority of you. First off practice doing just an X, X, X, X combo. Pay close attention to the end of this combo, it ends with Starkiller swinging his left saber from the ground upward. This is the VERY LAST SWING of the attack, it is during this moment you need to press the next 4 X's. I know most people have seen videos of them saying to watch for the saber going up, but do just the X, X, X, X combo til you see it yourself. It's the very last part of the attack, if you press it any sooner, you end up doing an X, X, X, X, X combo instead. DO NOT button mash here, it will queue up the 5th X.

I hope this all helps, if not contact me, Gamertag Maher100
This should be added to the achievement guide for this game, if only because of the helpful way that the correct form is described. I've been trying to finish this trial for weeks now, and as soon as I tried it thw way ot was explained here, I had my gold medal in abouy 20 minutes. Thanks for this!
kain_da_damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
Kenn1h

Kenn1h's Gamercard
It is also worth mentioning for people reading guides before playing the game (or early on), and only going for the gold medal, that you can do this challenge with level 2 saber where you don't have to do the last 3 combos, which is the ones that most people fail to do. I have however heard that you can't get platinum this way.
Kenn1h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Track404

Track404's Gamercard
THANK YOU Kenn1h

Should definitely be added to the guide. Was really struggling with the timing of the xxxx xxxx combo but this really helped
Track404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
AToMiiK

Mr AToMiiK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks so much for these tips! That last combo was driving me insane! :P
AToMiiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
aeryk117

aeryk117's Gamercard
Thanks for the tip - I'll try it out.
aeryk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #8
Basic BG

Basic BG's Gamercard
can the achievement still pop if i get gold medals on different save files?? i'd like to get the gold in trial #1 without having sabre rank 3 but i already have it so i was gonna try it on a different save file.

[U]

1000G Retail: 150 Games
Basic BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #9
DarkJediRPM

DX Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic BG View Post
can the achievement still pop if i get gold medals on different save files?? i'd like to get the gold in trial #1 without having sabre rank 3 but i already have it so i was gonna try it on a different save file.
no, that doesn't work. I tried it. all 10 trials have to be on the same save file.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #10
lornesbored

Lorne117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn1h View Post
It is also worth mentioning for people reading guides before playing the game (or early on), and only going for the gold medal, that you can do this challenge with level 2 saber where you don't have to do the last 3 combos, which is the ones that most people fail to do. I have however heard that you can't get platinum this way.
As soon as I unlocked the challenge I went into it, with level 1 sabre you only have 14 combinations, but you have to be fast and get em done and you will barely get a gold. With level 3 sabre you have 25 combinations and its MUCH MUCH harder.

I seriously started a new save slot and redid the whole game in a couple hours. After I unlocked the first I went and gold medal'd it, easy easy easy. Then I just had to get retrieval down which took about 50 tries of annoyance and screaming, but other than that I did everything else half assed and achievement unlocked!

Grapes.
lornesbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:24 AM   #11
giantseaturtle

GiantSeaturtle's Gamercard
Very helpful. Thanks
giantseaturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #12
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lornesbored View Post
As soon as I unlocked the challenge I went into it, with level 1 sabre you only have 14 combinations, but you have to be fast and get em done and you will barely get a gold. With level 3 sabre you have 25 combinations and its MUCH MUCH harder.

I seriously started a new save slot and redid the whole game in a couple hours. After I unlocked the first I went and gold medal'd it, easy easy easy. Then I just had to get retrieval down which took about 50 tries of annoyance and screaming, but other than that I did everything else half assed and achievement unlocked!
I 100% agree with this post. I have a level two saber and got the gold without too much difficulty (maybe 20 or 30 tries). But you have no room for error. I did everything perfectly and only beat the gold with 0.45 seconds to spare. Also, going around the rim instead of attacking the robot is a MUST!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #13
DutchHooligan

Dutch Saint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
EDIT:
Finally got it.. Tip: GEt to the last combo, hit the first 4 X's then count a real second or so and then hit the second batch of X's.. Took me a few tries, simply by trying the to find out how much there is between the 2 series of X's.. After I figured this out, got it 2nd try

I am going absolutly NUTS!!!! I can get to the last combo with outh any error... But i can never get the last 1.... Ive tried most of the tips on the forums yet I seem to suck at it....
I hate this game

Last edited by DutchHooligan; 06-04-2011 at 10:18 PM.
DutchHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #14
mnwlkr

Mnwlkr's Gamercard
I just figured these out and did it before reading this post.
I wish I read this earlier.
Great job out there.

And one little tip.
If you are not going for Plantinum, you may wanna do the last one (or 3) hitting the droid.
This will slow things down, making it easier for you to spot the right timing.

P.S. Are you sure the "swinging upward" move will show without hitting the droid? Because I did see it at all swing around until I tried to hit the droid. Maybe because it's too fast.:P

BTW, I just got gold with only 0.22 sec to spare.
mnwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #15
Doc Justice

dok ju5tice's Gamercard
After reading your post I went from not being able to do it at all to 37 seconds completed. Great post!
Doc Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #16
unkled20

unkled20's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Thanks OP! Your tips made this trial much easier!
unkled20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #17
DCJOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkled20 View Post
Thanks OP! Your tips made this trial much easier!
Honestly,I think that is easier,
"this was the only challenege to give me a lot of problems, i raged over the XXXX XXXX combo for the longest time but eventually just got the rhythm whilst counting in my head up to 10, the first 4 X's up to 4 then nothing for 5 and 6 then start the final 4 X's on 7-10 and was getting it everytime" credit to cloud72 first time i did this I did the combo and i could never do the combo!

Old 03-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #18
Alaskanassassin

alaskanassassin's Gamercard
From the video posted, the real tip that got me it was pressing the LB after the X combos, finally got 55.69 woot!
Alaskanassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #19
D3monicTutor666

D3monicTutor666's Gamercard
dude thanks for the advice
D3monicTutor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:46 AM   #20
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
your advice helped A LOT!! I dont remember the last time i sweared so much at a game especially for this challenge. Tried over and over and eventually prevailed. Finished with a minute and change!

156 completed games: 102 retail, 54 arcade
Habs14 is offline   Reply With Quote