PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Binary Domain
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
TheThreeStooges

This Game Worth The Purchase?

Im debating on weather I should pick this up?
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
It depends on what you're aiming for. If you're a completionist, the Online community is slowly dying and non FFA & TDM matches are harder to find by the week. They're also very long to get if you're boosting them completely.

Single Player wise, you won't regret the purchase as it's a roller coaster from beginning to end compared to most squad shooter campaigns. But if that's your only set, then purchasing it at this time isn't really worth it unless you don't have any other purchases in mind.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
The single player campaign is great fun, fairly short and worth playing through more than once which you need to for the various achievements.

The multiplayer is a bit thin on the ground. It is also appears to be stacked in favour of people who have ranked up early.
sjmleicester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #4
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmleicester View Post
The multiplayer is a bit thin on the ground. It is also appears to be stacked in favour of people who have ranked up early.
That's not true. Like most MP games, people who are higher level are used to the system more than others, that's the only difference. The few times people edit their Nanomachines (If they even know how) aren't much of an advantage since those are mostly effective in INVASION.

MP is really fun if you look over the rough edges, just finished getting Level 50 today.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:33 AM   #5
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
Felt like it to me.

The other problem with the multiplayer is that you seem to spawn in exactly the same place everytime meaning if one team get the advantage they an just sit there and spawn kill.

Having said th the game is certainly worth getting of the single player
sjmleicester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
i agree, the single player is great. great story, good voice acting, no glitches/bugs.

however i personally don't buy games unless my friends also buy them for us to play together. everyone else is on Mass Effect 3 right now & i had this on my GameFly list before ME3 & wound up getting this early.

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
It's worth a purchase for SP. the MP is ok, but not great.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
Darth Bambrox

Darth Bambrox's Gamercard
Rent it, The single player is brilliant, nice immersive story very similar to iRobot crossed with Terminator, gameplay is Gears of war crossed with Mass Effect, I am very glad I rented it anyway, was kinda short though , took me two days to complete
Old 04-06-2012, 02:59 AM   #9
Decabo

Decabo's Gamercard
I adore this game. I've beaten it twice, and have replayed several chapters for fun. To me, it's absolutely worth buying.
Ninja Gaiden 2, Vanquish, Lost Planet, Sonic Unleashed, Mass Effect 1-3, Alpha Protocol, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Dragon Age: Origins, Sonic The Hedghog (2006), Sonic Generations, Eternal Sonata, Tomb Raider Legend, Tomb Raider Underworld, Resident Evil 5, Halo Reach, Fight Night Round 3, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty 2, Bioshock, Star Wars: TFU, Prince of Persia: TFS, Terminator Salvation, King Kong.
Decabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
Aidexx

Aidexx's Gamercard
Binary Domain vs Vanquish? Which one offers better SP experience and how much similiar are these games? How about those achievements: which one of these games has achievements that are challenging and fun enough to collect?

Last edited by Aidexx; 04-11-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Aidexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #11
rokkyrok

rokkyrok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
binary domain by a long shot imo.
both somewhat similar, but bd has much more its own face than vanquish.
rokkyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
Aidexx

Aidexx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkyrok View Post
binary domain by a long shot imo.
both somewhat similar, but bd has much more its own face than vanquish.
Thanks, that's what I thought. Didn't buy Vanquish for a low price just a few days ago. Think I'll wait for the price to come down on this one also, but gonna buy it eventually.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #13
Ink129

Ink129's Gamercard
I loved Vanquish and even maxed it, but I actually liked Binary Domain's single player campaign even more. BD has more personally if there even is such a word for a game. It deserved way better sales, and we'll probably not see a sequel because of it
Old 05-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #14
Freizah

Freizah's Gamercard
This is a really great game I have played it 3 times now and it is so fun. It should take you like 9hrs to complete the 1st time on saviour difficulty and then on the No mercy hardest difficulty it only took me 6hrs 13mins to do. Then I did the third play through what was for the trust level for Cain as it was to hard to get on the No Mercy difficulty.
Freizah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #15
Freizah

Freizah's Gamercard
Also Its like 11 to buy on amazon.co.uk right now. Well worth it really great game hope they make a sequel but probably not due to sales. Its a shame really the reason why it didn't do so well in sales is because it wasn't advertise at all, so many people wont even know this game exist.
Freizah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #16
Coruba

Send a message via Yahoo to Coruba

Necrolexicon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Binary Domain is definately a better campaign than Vanquish, which tended to drag on for far too long without alot of variation or story progression.
Coruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #17
Sergeant Doakes

kuma ruff's Gamercard
Buy it when it's less than 40.
Sergeant Doakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #18
plecomad

plecomad's Gamercard
definaley i love i is a grea game wih a fairy original plot got mine for 15 and i would say its one of the better games i have bought this year so far
plecomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #19
MentalHypnotica

GamerDude1911's Gamercard
If you like gears of war, you will LOVE this game, and i really like the way that you can get Trust from all of your teammates, and i think it is a really good storyline. It is honestly one of my favourite games of the year. The multiplayer is deserted though. I searched 2 hours for a game and i could only get 1 other person.
MentalHypnotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #20
Quantum Binman

Quantum Binman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidexx View Post
Binary Domain vs Vanquish? Which one offers better SP experience and how much similiar are these games? How about those achievements: which one of these games has achievements that are challenging and fun enough to collect?
Both great games, you are only missing out by choosing one over the other!
Quantum Binman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #21
d0nkeytr0n

d0nkeytr0n's Gamercard
in short...yes...I picked this game up recently for under 12 (UK) and I think it's a great little game (it's now available for under 10 from zavvi if you're in the uk).
it's admittedly a little rough around the edges, but it has a great story and is great fun to play in single player (Invasion mode is terrible)...buy it
Old 01-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #22
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
I definitiely recommend this game, mainly due to the story. I wish it had been a bit longer, but I really liked the single player game experience. Good story and good game play. The multiplayer community is dead though, so getting some of the achievements is very unlikely.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #23
Tr1pw1re360

Tr1pw1re360's Gamercard
I really enjoyed this game. I personally have issues finishing games. Always get side tracked or bored quick, which i am getting better with. This game i finished in a couple of sittings. Really fun game. Storyline is like a cross between Blade Runner and I Robot. I may be biased though as i seem to enjoy alot of Sega games. Worth a rent at the least.
Tr1pw1re360 is offline   Reply With Quote