PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Dark Knight DC

25 Ranked Wins Achievement Guide

"GROUP LEADER"

As a group...decide who is the main spokesperson for countdowns and starting the party chat. Pick someone who is constantly at all meetings and has a quiet but has a powerful voice. By that I mean you speak when you have to but let others give their input.

Have a backup leader just in case something comes up.

Meet around 5am-7am. Prime time = 6am.

"HIGH STREAKERS"

Basically everyone search for matches. Someone will gain a streak. Once you get to a high number of 10-15 you need to focus and be patient. Don't be foolhardy and jump in when everyone is not ready. I MADE sure by calling out everyone's name in the party chat before the main person jumped in. This is what you do when you get a high streak.

"KEEPING VETERANS BUSY”

Veteran MK people online. You will learn this lesson well. You will notice that people with 3000-7000 wins are online during your session. It is your job to designate certain people in your group to keep these VETERANS busy.

People who keep the veterans busy are those with: low/no streaks, people who connect with them often (trust me you can tell when you are one of these people), or the lucky ones who have 25 wins already done and are there to help you guys out. (THANK THEM for their generosity and kindness. It's sad that I must say this but common courtesy is quite rare so I thought I'd add this in there).

"ON THE LOOSE” (I coined this term lol...ya) ^_^

We used this strategy quite a lot. These veterans care about their win/loss ratio. Notice these people on your recent player list once you battle them. When a person has a high streak...please be aware of those Veterans online who are "on the loose". Designate people in your group to keep an eye on these people. When they are "on the loose", it will state that they are on the main menus. Yes...main menu means they are searching for battles and not just sitting there doing nothing. You will want your high streaker to go when the veteran is in online kombat. It will be safe for them to go search with others. If the veteran can't find someone...send a person in your group to search and keep that veteran busy.

"FACTS” as of February 2010

(1) You maintain your streak if it states "disconnected" from session.
You do not receive a win nor a loss. (status quo)

(2) You get a win if your opponent leaves game. (Your party chat group needs to leave for the high streaker as to not waste time with pointless match.)

(3) Do not pull out your internet cord/disconnect. You lose your streak. Run the possibility of
corrupting game save data..do not do it.

(4) High streakers, give it your best shot if you go against a veteran. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you improve your skill level, or a rare occasion of kindness from them has occurred. Don't give up and please other people let that person concentrate if they want peace and quite.

"EXCEPTION” : fellow AUSSIES can match up with each other with ease.

Please Note: I will fix formatting later. ^_^

Last edited by Dark Knight DC; 02-19-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Dark Knight DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
magician007

Demon Liar's Gamercard
EPIC guide..lol

magician007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Lmao at the banner, I didnt know whether to thank you or get my wallet out.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 39
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Dark Knight DC

Lol, thanks guys. ^_^
Old 02-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #5
Malttikettu

malttikettu's Gamercard
Amber U Rocked !!111 d(*^_^*)
Malttikettu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
Dark Knight DC

Hey Malt...thank you....haven't been on in a while
Old 07-03-2010, 02:47 AM   #7
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Im so using this in a few weeks when I try to 1k it, thanks Amberrrrr

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 39
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
Dark Knight DC

I'm so happy that you got it! Congratulations!!!! Seriously...fantastic job. ^_^
Old 07-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #9
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Tisk Tisk this just seems to be too much work for so little pay off for something that can be done legit with some effort put forth. Yet, I really can't argue as this fighter is not very exciting and is not exactly fun. Not to mention some of the Veteran players online that will cream you if you're not careful.

My best streak legit is like 6 I don't know if I can get better than that nor do I care to up my skills enough to try and get this achievement without boosting. But I just know there's a character exploitation out there I can use to do it I know for a fact it's possible to do this legit!I just hate all the pain and repetetiveness required to get this when boosting aye aye aye what is one to do?

I just don't recall having to make a decision on how to obtain an achievement since "From C to Shining C" . I will continue to look into this one as 1000G in this game will be pretty sweet on my card I'm just not sure if I care enough to go for it.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
Dark Knight DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLizP View Post
Tisk Tisk this just seems to be too much work for so little pay off for something that can be done legit with some effort put forth. Yet, I really can't argue as this fighter is not very exciting and is not exactly fun. Not to mention some of the Veteran players online that will cream you if you're not careful.

My best streak legit is like 6 I don't know if I can get better than that nor do I care to up my skills enough to try and get this achievement without boosting. But I just know there's a character exploitation out there I can use to do it I know for a fact it's possible to do this legit!I just hate all the pain and repetetiveness required to get this when boosting aye aye aye what is one to do?

I just don't recall having to make a decision on how to obtain an achievement since "From C to Shining C" . I will continue to look into this one as 1000G in this game will be pretty sweet on my card I'm just not sure if I care enough to go for it.
I applaud you if you can do it legit.....high amount of skill and some luck.

In terms of character exploitations although I don't condone the use of these since I consider it heinous and really lame when playing other people online:

#1: Superman
- infinite ground pound (can be overcome by good people in rage mode)
- number 2 player on the board actually showed me how he insta-kills people in the beginning of the second round which essentially means he beat you in one round if he ended it correctly
(don't know how to do it..but I assure you that was one scary glitch I saw)

#2: Flash
- infinite loop (can't get out of unless you time it extremely well)

#3: Captain Marvel
- super spam the clap and shazam thunderbolt and teleport
(easily beatable with scorpion but just annoying to deal with)

Legit beast characters if used correctly:
#1: Raiden
#2: Subzero
#3: Deathstroke

There's a guy on youtube that regularly posts amazing combos up recently with many characters you would not believe would be good online but he makes it work. If I find the link again I'll post it here. ^_^

Also....by no means am I saying that people who main those first three characters are bad. On the contrary, when I used to play....there were indeed legit players that were absolutely beastly with those characters without relying on the broken parts of the game.

It just depends on who you run into and whether they play fair or not because literally some of them will glitch you to win which was unfair when you are on a winning streak.

Hopefully you get it soon and good luck! ^_^
Old 07-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #11
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Thanks Dark Knight that was a very helpful post. I will continue to see what I can do with this achievement as it's my last one for the 1000G. I probably go with your post and try and find a fighter I'm comfortable with and go from there.

There are quite a few people online who have this legit so I wanna try and join the bandwagon.I will write how I turn out with this achievement.

If I return that means I will have been reduced to boosting it by then, lol here goes......
Old 07-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #12
Dark Knight DC

AFeLizP (From what I can tell you are a beast at fighting games...should not be to much of a problem for you.)

I personally find Street Fighter combos to be WAY harder.

Also for anyone needing help with creating combos for online use to win please check this guy out. He creates the nastiest combos and if you can master them you will surely get to 25 legit. ^_^

CHECK4900 on youtube
Old 08-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #13
monk3boy

m0nk3yboy's Gamercard
Hi, just started looking into this one, and as an "Aussie" I was just wondering why we have it so easy?
Old 08-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #14
Hilaryduffgta

sorry if this is a dumb question but is this still being played online?

I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one who takes attendance

RIP Dad,You Are Missed
Hilaryduffgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #15
FeLizP
Banned User

FeLizP's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilaryduffgta View Post
sorry if this is a dumb question but is this still being played online?
Of course! And still going strong. I would know, I was attempting the the 25 straight wins a month ago before my Gold ran out

I'm at 11 straight wins since July 26 and I haven't lost yet. I hope I can get the other 14 wins when I get back if anybody is interested in boosting still let me know. Because if I get close to 25 again and lose I'm not going through the frustration of getting it legit again.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #16
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
As you know Feliz, you're one of the last 2 people I'm willing to help with this. So let me know when bro.

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:02 AM   #17
Dark Knight DC

@monkeyboy

You guys have it easy since you match right up with each other.
What I mean to say is if you boost with another fellow Aussie...you will get them 99% of the time since I believe you guys are on a different server regionally.

We found this out during one of our boosting sessions and this tends to be true for just about every Aussie since I've heard from several people.

Hope this helps clear that up! ^_^
Old 09-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #18
FeLizP
Banned User

FeLizP's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight DC View Post
@monkeyboy

What I mean to say is if you boost with another fellow Aussie...you will get them 99% of the time since I believe you guys are on a different server regionally.

We found this out during one of our boosting sessions and this tends to be true for just about every Aussie since I've heard from several people.

No.....I am not an aussie.....but I did manage to get the Online Champion Achievement.

Would like to think Dark Knight for the tips and listening to my bickering and ranting. Would like to think Dennoman for.....I don't know but I just want to thank him. Um, all those noobs online who happen to be on when they were..thank you. And I guess that's it for my acknowledgments.

This is FeLizP signing out.

1000G
Old 09-10-2010, 06:07 AM   #19
monk3boy

m0nk3yboy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight DC View Post
@monkeyboy

Thanks Dark Knight! Will be using your tips, and hopefully finding a fellow Aussie to boost with shortly. Appreciate all your work on this title, as do others by the looks of it.

Bravo!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #20
Akka

Akka's Gamercard
I am actually going to go out and rent a second copy of the game so that I can try and boost this on my own time late at night. My hope is that with the xbox's right next to each other and on the same router that matchmaking will pin me up against myself immediately due to low ping. Anyone know if this will work?

Also, is there a way to quit so that you DON'T lose your streak? Given there is still the chance that it does not pin me against myself, the only people I ever see on do the Superman Pro Move instant (2nd round) win glitch. Thanks!
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #21
conel33

Salaryman CP's Gamercard
There's no way to quit against an opponent and keep your streak you'll just have to play a cheap character like superman and hope you can spam them to death. I was able to boost this today with just 1 person so it is possible, just make sure you search first with the account who is going to lose so that they will be more likely to match up against someone else than the winning account.
conel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #22
simplyaaronm

ExiledDiplomat's Gamercard
i hope now that the game is old i can boost
Old 03-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #23
SkyJin

SkyJin's Gamercard
Still alot of people playing, or atleast enough to screw it up for you. I tried with a friend, didn't work so much.
I'm ok in fighters, but I don't wanna spend time learning to play this particular fighter. :P

SkyJin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #24
Tonic24k

Tonic24k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm giving this a shot within the next few days. I'll post my experience.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #25
Tonic24k

Tonic24k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Okay, so far I'm up to a 10 win streak. I have the advantage of self boosting so I've been using my dummy account to search for a match and if it doesn't connect to anyone in a few seconds I then search with my account. So far I've connected to 4 different gamertags with my dummy. So there are still people playing but not enough to worry about too much. Also, considering I'm doing this in midday.

Edit:
Well, nevermind. Some punk just somehow connected to me. Got half way there. Oh well, considering it's midday late at night should work much better.

Edit 2:
Welp, I just got the achievement on my second run.
I will say through 25 matches I got linked up with 3 randoms. One 2 occasions I used Batman's cheap move (Down, Back, A). I was lucky the opponent's were noobs and didn't know how to defend it. On another occasion the opponent backed out before the match started. As a last ditch effort I would not move at all during the character select screen. If the random gets impatient they'll just back out.

My actual tactic was to search with my dummy then quickly search with my real account. I would only let my real account search for 2 seconds and then cancel. Then I would quickly search again and cancel in 2 seconds again.

Because the dummy is continually searching this entire time there's only a 2 second window for a random to join and the probability of finding the dummy is higher since he's been searching that entire time and if the real account is going to connect to anyone it will 99% of the time connect to it. Also, if there is a random searching he will more than likely connect to the dummy first.

I hope this helps anyone else going for this.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Last edited by Tonic24k; 04-12-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Tonic24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:03 AM   #26
MaseJ

masej's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic24k View Post
My actual tactic was to search with my dummy then quickly search with my real account. I would only let my real account search for 2 seconds and then cancel. Then I would quickly search again and cancel in 2 seconds again.
Thanks for the tip with the 2 sec rule. I've been avoiding this cheevo because there's still a number of ppl playing when I'm online and want to self-boost as well.

edit: props to the author. Great technique for boosting back when loads of ppl were playing this. I'll remember this when I look to boost in active games.

Completed:
| Retail: 100 | Arcade: 47 |

Last Game Completed:
| Retail | WWE 2K14 | (6/7/14) |
| Arcade | Karaoke | (6/7/14) |

Boosting:
| GTA IV + DLC: 655/1500 |

Last edited by MaseJ; 04-17-2012 at 03:05 AM.
MaseJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:48 AM   #27
Divine Infekt

Divine Infect's Gamercard
Anyone in this thread willing to help me out with this achievement?
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - Left 4 Dead (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - Payday 2 - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3 - Walking Dead
Divine Infekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #28
pedgz

pedgz's Gamercard
just posting what i did to get the cheev:

followed dark knight & tonic's tips carefully, expecially the 2-second part.
i successfully boosted this 3am eastern and there were still a number of randoms in the lobby. i did a test run 8 hours earlier with the lobby population close to 30. using the method below it was hard to always find the bait. with a populaiton of 10-15 at 3am, however, it was better.
i let the losing gamertag search and bait itself to randoms. usually a random would be paired up within a 2-second timeframe for it as well, so when it hasn't been paired up still for more than 4 seconds, i'd let the winning gamertag search. immediately got paired up with the boosting partner. things is, even if you cancel the search after 2 seconds, the game is slow to register that because as soon as you do the search for the booster, it will get paired up immediately. that's why it's important for the bait gamertag to do a search first and to make it linger long. even when it has already been searching for longer than 4 seconds, still be careful because there's always the chance that as sooon as the booster searches, a random will be paired up with the bait and it might be too late for the booster to back out even within 2 seconds. fortunately, once you get the timing on the baiting and the joining of the boosting gamertag, it will be easier to find each other. but still be cautious. did this for 30-40 minutes and i was lucky i got paired up with my partner 25 times. finished the last match with a proper KO and pop the achievement went.

Last edited by pedgz; 10-29-2012 at 11:00 AM.
pedgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #29
Six Sequences

Cool The way we did it.

Me (Six Sequences) & my bro (Castillo82) came with the intention to boost this achievement in the morning whenever we could. We did it at a Saturday morning, last week. We planned to get up around 9am (EST) cause we might had a better change to avoid all the people from the United States. So, of course there were 4 players in different lobbies. We tried to find each other since we had nothing to lose with the streak since we had none. We managed to find each other till streak 10. And guess what, that LIFTY guy, #4 on the Leaderboards (Ranked) a.k.a. one of the no-life virgins came in to interrupt our boost session. Yeah, we were like: (-_-') We struggled with some randoms in Ranked. They kept interrupting our streaks. So we were checking our recent player list for the persons we encountered and kept an eye on them. Whenever we both saw those person in Online Kombat or Idle, we kept trying till we were certain to search. To make sure no one would ruin the streaks for us, we double checked our recent player list. Also how many players there were in the lobbies, kept refreshing the lobbies for in case it was less then before since you have a change the players that left the lobbies, were trying ranked. One of us tried to search for 30+ seconds till we were certain to not get interrupted. It was pretty quite with the lobbies and we tried to get my streak. After all the observations, double checked the recent player-list, the 30+ seconds searching to make sure, we managed to get my streak from 11:00am till 11:15am. And guess what? If we were literally 5 seconds later, I was unlucky to encounter a high ranked player, cause my bro met someone in ranked after I got my achievement. I couldn't be happy yet. Wanted to get him the achievement as well. And surprisingly, there were some randoms, we had some struggles, kept doing the same thing over and over again. All the players from United States were offline except one guy. One guy from the United Kingdom: Britalian was his Gamertag. When I was searching to see if it was save for us, I met him. Instant rage-quit of course. Bye! But anyway, that guy was the only guy that was standing in our way. He stayed in the Menu for more then a hour. We knew he was searching ranked, but why? Serious? There was no one and I mean no one that was available in ranked. He kept trying for hours and we were really like: play something else you virgin. He went offline cause no one was playing ranked. Why am I not surprised? So we tried, tried, tried. With a lot of patience, since we wanted to be sure. We checked after every match at the recent player-list and the lobbies. The closer we get, the more nervous. We managed to get his achievement at 2pm (EST). Instant Dashboard So yeah, we did it with the 2 of us. Pretty sick and still legit, cause this achievement is not legit worthy for my opinion.

Last edited by Six Sequences; 11-27-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Six Sequences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #30
Jakez123
Never be Bronze

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
To be honest, all you have to do is get a partner that lives close to you, and you'll get him 99% of the time. I did it at 11AM for me (6AM for Americans) and I got my boosting partner 24 out of the 25 times. I got a random for my 9th fight, but I quickly dispatched him.

Edit: I think I beat that Britalian guy several times when I was randomly playing online.

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123

Last edited by Jakez123; 01-20-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote