PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #91
Mental Knight 5

Mental Knight 5's Gamercard
Smile

I really like that Valve has integrated the Achievements into the game menu, so that you don't have to use the Xbox Guide or Dashboard, and especially because the game can be more specific about your progress. Great layout, and I wish more developers would take this approach.
Mental Knight 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #92
phoenix529

bedlamemo85's Gamercard
^I couldn't agree more. Having those in-game is always a very welcome surprise. I can't wait until it becomes the standard.
phoenix529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:56 AM   #93
JohnsoNBCJ

JohnsoN BCJ's Gamercard
Great thread, great info, great game.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #94
HaxAras

Send a message via Skype™ to HaxAras

HaxAras's Gamercard
i bought portal off live, do you need the orange box to get all of the acheivements? there are two i cant seem to get because of a lack of maps.
HaxAras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #95
Haloeannight

Haloeannight's Gamercard
I don't have the lab rat achievement! How is that possible. I think the game glitched on me :S
Haloeannight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #96
The Taymanator

The Taymanator's Gamercard
First, I agree that having the cheevs menu in the main menu is a fantastic idea, and more games need to adopt this model.

I've watched videos and tried and tried...but getting gold on all the challenges is making me batty. Deploying to Iraq didn't help my cause either. Wish I was done, because I'm itching to buy Portal 2, but I want to finish the original, first!
The Taymanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #97
The Taymanator

The Taymanator's Gamercard
Still having tons of trouble getting gold medals...I agree that it looks much easier for the PC crowd. Nothing else to do but to keep working on it....
The Taymanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #98
Aronsky

Aronsky's Gamercard
Okay so I've only been trying for about an hour now but I can already tell that getting gold on everything is going to take years off my life do to stress and frustration. I'm sure I could do this eventually with tons of practice but I think I would much rather just move onto another game. Good luck to anyone else still going at it.

Also, I agree with other people on this thread, it does look easier for people on the pc.

Oh, and thanks for the guide.
Aronsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #99
TheFarewell

R3DRUMINATOR's Gamercard
definitely worth cheating to get. You have to be ungodly fast with an xbox controller to even try without cheats. I think that's why they made it for so little gamerscore. There's no other explanation. They know their programming well enough to know how people have exploited cheats and they would have fixed it by now if they really thought, "oh they're cheating to get these almost impossible achievements" better stop them from doing so. They put cheats in games for a reason. To make it more fun, even if it takes away from the core, it takes away the majority of the frustration as well. I'm almost done getting gold, and I'm glad I found out the cheat exploit or else this would be a game I would never finish 100%. Mouse and keyboard, sure, I would try my luck, but I'm an achievement whore.
TheFarewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #100
TheFarewell

R3DRUMINATOR's Gamercard
woot! Thanks to the guides, I was able to (cheat) and get the gold! Now, mind you some of these I could see getting legit, but the majority except least portals in my opinion, are impossible to get without cheats or a mouse an keyboard. Too hard on console, hence why they included cheats over to the consoles.
TheFarewell is offline   Reply With Quote