PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > QIX++
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
frankburns

frankburns4077's Gamercard
Truly Magnificent Deed

i can on some levels get a bonus of 400K but it seems impossible with some stages especially with those 2 blue spam ball things.

Any tips from those who got the achievement?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:10 AM   #2
drworm75

This is the only help I've found so far.

BTW what is your best % on the Blue Ball Qix stages? I don't think I've broken 90% yet...
drworm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:02 AM   #3
drworm75

Finally got this achievement last night. The key for me was playing session 1 and creating very narrow passageways for the Qix to go through. You should be able to get 99%+ vs. the Stix Qix, and 98%+ on the others, with the exception of "Blue Ball"

Good Luck!
drworm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:28 AM   #4
drunken feedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankburns View Post
i can on some levels get a bonus of 400K but it seems impossible with some stages especially with those 2 blue spam ball things.

Any tips from those who got the achievement?
Ok I do have the 3 million point acheivement and heres the secrets I will tell.
First off pick section 1 not 2.. 2 is harder and the level 8 qix is super fast
Next upgrade your CUTTER SPEED first and make sure you get at least 95% on 5 levels and at least 98-99% on the others to guaruntee youll get it.

Next thing to remember is the points/upgrade blocks. Collecting the ones with the green triangles gives bonus points. If qix cracks one of these and you rescue them the point total bonus goes up. Along with more luck the points increase. An extra 500-15000 can appear if you do things right and capture alot of blocks in one spin.

Next make narrow paths by creating short but long lines this way
<------------------------------>
This makes qix have to move lengthwise which is his weakness. He is much easier to trap and cut off this way as up and down is how he moves.

Now theres 2 power ups which help you acheive 99% 99.5% gets you 44000 points so basically if you can get this every level is way easier to do.

2 power ups- the red one which shoots balls of light into qix... this will shrink him within 10 seconds... if you can find the blue time stop power up block this is the absolute easiest way to get 99%. You must make sure qix is trapped in a square no bigger then a nickle/quarter.

If you cant get these powerups youll need to make long skinny lines and lure him into a narrow passage. If you can do this he will become trapped and may shrink if he needs to move left or right. This is the time to seal him off. Make sure you dont go over 75% or the level will and and you wasted your time.

Killing sparks etc dont get you extra worthwhile points.

Also having shields maxed after cutter speed will make things easier if you mess up on later qix. Every qix is different... the one with the tail you must make a long path with ridges to stop the tail from lagging into your path.

Trust me with time it works...
if you dont beleive me im top 10 on the section 1 leaderboards

Acheivement Unlocked!
drunken feedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
Nekro Neko

Nekro Neko's Gamercard
I've got the blue ball up to 97% and that takes patience and a lot of effort
Nekro Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #6
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
I will try, this is hard.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 02-01-2010 at 12:58 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:00 AM   #7
nbStryker

BadRobot x360a's Gamercard
3 mil + seems damn near impossible. I appreciate the feedback, insight. This will be my holy grail acheivement of the month...
Retail 100%- Avatar: TLA: TBE, Backyard Football '10, Bully: Scholarship Edition, CSI: Deadly Intent, CSI: Hard Evidence, Fight Night: Round 3, Lost: Via Domus, Viva Pinata, Viva Pinata: Party Animals
Working on-Lode Runner (170 of 200), Fallout 3 (1340 of 1550), All 3 "Scene It" games (975 of 1000), (1140 of 1250), and (685 of 1000), Tiger Woods '11
nbStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #8
Broken Turtle

PERATHIANLORD35's Gamercard
*bump*
Took me forever, but I FINALLY got this achievement!!! Now all I need is the other 2 (online), but it's difficult to find decent people to play with as no one is really playing this anymore, and I haven't touched my 360 for so long...