Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Fez
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Darki Dreamside

Danny Dreams's Gamercard
Opinions on the ending (Spoilers)

So what are people's interpretation of the ending? Am i right in thinking Gomez was successful in returning the world to its natural order?
Darki Dreamside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Scottcool

scottcool2's Gamercard
the ending seemed like half tron and half the end of 2001
Scottcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
deaddeaddead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darki Dreamside View Post
So what are people's interpretation of the ending? Am i right in thinking Gomez was successful in returning the world to its natural order?
There's two endings, at least. They're both pretty ambiguous, but I personally would not interpret them that way, no. Although you could make a better argument for restoring natural order with the 2nd ending over the first.

Last edited by deaddeaddead; 04-15-2012 at 06:37 PM.
deaddeaddead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Scottcool

scottcool2's Gamercard
I was just saying it resembled them visually when it gets trippy. There could however be a third ending seem as thought you get a new item the second time you start new game plus, it would also require all 3 heart cubes probably, just speculation
Scottcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
Starmud

Send a message via MSN to Starmud

Starmud's Gamercard
I take it the endings show the structure of the in-game universe. The first one zooms in on a single pixel revealing all sorts of structures the further it travels much in the similarity of atoms and molecules. The second instead zooms out revealing millions of "colorcubes" which create a static picture, which is interupted by the TV being "turned of", implying that the whole game takes place inside a fraction of your television screen.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
A BENGAL HOBO

A BENGAL HOBO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmud View Post
I take it the endings show the structure of the in-game universe. The first one zooms in on a single pixel revealing all sorts of structures the further it travels much in the similarity of atoms and molecules. The second instead zooms out revealing millions of "colorcubes" which create a static picture, which is interupted by the TV being "turned of", implying that the whole game takes place inside a fraction of your television screen.
that is how i understood it
A BENGAL HOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
ProGuitarGamer

Send a message via MSN to ProGuitarGamer

ProGuitarGamer's Gamercard
@Starmud: Nice observation, Starmud. I had'nt thought about that.

@Deaddeaddead: How do I aquire the 2nd ending? I've just completed the game and started a New Game+, will I get the 2nd ending by completing the New Game+?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
Starmud

Starmud's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGuitarGamer View Post
How do I aquire the 2nd ending? I've just completed the game and started a New Game+, will I get the 2nd ending by completing the New Game+?
You get the second ending when you collect all 64 cubes and enter the stargate again.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #9
ImAlann

ADIAZZ's Gamercard
haha lol thats more likeit
ImAlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
fallout frank

IIX DBO XII's Gamercard
Surely it's just saying that you are but an insignificant pixel in the grand scheme of things, much like real life.

Also about returning natural order, when was it ever unnatural? The whole point of the game was, giant cube shows you the world is not 2D, giant cube explodes, you find pieces of giant cube and repair it. At no point is the world of fez unnatural, or in need of being returned to a previous state.
fallout frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #11
Starmud

Starmud's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout frank View Post
At no point is the world of fez unnatural, or in need of being returned to a previous state.
Early on in the game, it's said that the universe might end if the cubes aren't retrieved.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #12
rrrowdy

rrrowdy's Gamercard
I've only gotten the first ending and I took what happened to mean that since I didn't get all the cubes (something like 34, instead of 64) the restoration of the big God Cube didn't work. And Gomez (and presumably the rest of the universe) died. Hence all the metaphysical inexplicable pixel stuff. Gomez bangin' the drums was something that happened in his afterlife.

I thought this was vaguely hinted at in the achievement, as well: as it's called "Kill Screen" - both a reference to the last screen of old arcade cabinets and Gomez's fate the first time through.

I haven't gotten the second (or third! If it exists) ending though, so maybe I'm way off.
rrrowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
fallout frank

IIX DBO XII's Gamercard
Quote:
Early on in the game, it's said that the universe might end if the cubes aren't retrieved.
Don't recall that at-all, and if it does say that, its still just collecting cubes, the world does not change and therefore "returning the world to its natural order" is not possible.
fallout frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #14
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout frank View Post
Don't recall that at-all, and if it does say that, its still just collecting cubes, the world does not change and therefore "returning the world to its natural order" is not possible.
Maybe you don't recall the black holes? Definitely didn't seem natural when they started appearing in areas you've been before.

The hypercube states all the cubes are needed to stop this. Then again, the ghosts in the graveyard area tell you, "Do not trust the hypercube."

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 AM   #15
AdHominem

Quote:

yep, i second this. and add this:

the first "out fly" seems like you fly out of a pixel. remember, a pixel is made out of "subpixels", each for every RGB color. so the "cubes" are the sub pixels, the other parts are the pixels.

So everytime you turn on your TV, Gomez goes on to a adventure to "build" 1 pixel on your screen. and million of other "heroes" goes on adventures on their "planets" to turn their pixels on.

and if all the heroes succeed, you get your TV screen! yeah!

now read this: http://pastebin.com/qsAgmJie

it makes perfect sense! the people talking about you, the player. you give them the new perspective. and the game FEZ give you the player the new perspective, that every pixel is a world where things live!

Completionist - currently 95% ~ 50.000GS

not finished:

- Dead or Alive 4 survival
- Mutant Storm reloaded
AdHominem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #16
Agent Walrus

Ag3nt Walrus's Gamercard
Pretty trippy ending. It was like there were many parallel universes, but they all finished the same way. Perhaps there were only little differences like Gomez preferring the taste of chocolate over strawberry in this one. Haha, awesome game, loved every minute of it
Agent Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote