Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
L4D II JoK3r

L4D II JoK3r's Gamercard
How long will hardcore take?

I'm looking at getting in done in as little as possible amount of sittings, roughly how long should it take? Much harder than hard on DS1?

Thanks

Edit - also could anyone explain "utilize the disc switch glitch as your first save" to me, thanks again

Last edited by L4D II JoK3r; 04-15-2012 at 07:22 PM.
L4D II JoK3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
it will probably be your shortest playthrough as you just want to get through it. sittings-wise, id say 3-4 sittings, chapter 1-5, where i would then save, then chapter 6-10(the ishimura level)then save, then 11-13(before the eye poke)then save, then 14and 15.

its not as hard as zealot, but you get more nervous as if you die you will lose a lot of hours. dont forget you only get 3 saves so use them wisely. the 3 i suggested are good ones, but look around for 3 that you feel more comfortable with.

the chapter 7 save glitch is when you switch discs, at chapter 7, then die say in chapter 8, instead of going to your last save which is presumably on a chapter on the first disc, you just revert back to the beginning of chapter seven which is the beginning of the second disc. this only works while your currently on the game though. if you turn it off you will need to go back to your last save, wherever that was.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
Rage66

x Inflames80 x's Gamercard
Basically it's just Survivalist Difficulty with a limited amount of Saves (3).
As Mentioned before it's not as Hard as Zealot. It should be your shortest Playtrough... but it can also be very long and very painfull.. :P
One Stupid Mistake can throw you back a few Chapters.... so stay calm and try not to get Nervous, take short Breaks to calm down and continue. Chances are High that you see the Annoying Intro more then Once :/.

I Recommend Saving on the following Locations:

Save 1:

Chapter 5: Right before the Encounter with the Tripod or Right before Daina and the Tormentor

or

Chapter 6: Right BEFORE the Leaper Room!!! the Savestation is Next to a Dead Soldier with a Repeating Tiedemann Video Message.

If you know for sure you can Beat both Minibosses in Chapter 5 without a Mistake go ahead and Save in Chapter 6.. but don't be Reckless... DO Save BEFORE the Leaper Room.

Save 2:

Chapter 10: Explore the Ishimura and Pick up all the Items but before the Encounter with the Brute run back and Save

or

Chapter 11: First or -if your Reckless- last Savestation.

I Reccomend Saving in Chapter 10 but if you can Manage Hordes of Necromorphs without Fear.. go on and Save in Chapter 11.

Save 3:

Chapter 13: At the Start or before the "Laser Room"

Not much more to say.. Chapter 14-15 are very short so dying in chapter 14 or 15 ain't that Bad... as it is at the very Start of the Game, and the Final Boss is Very Easy imo.

For the Eyepoke Machine just get the Needle as Close as Possible to Isaacs Eye and wait for him to Calm down and watch his Eye .. take your Time, learn the Pattern and when you know for Sure it won't Move .. Stick the Needle in his Eye.

Last edited by Rage66; 04-16-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Rage66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
L4D II JoK3r

L4D II JoK3r's Gamercard
Is it a different difficulty as in harder or is it just normal with limited saves?

L4D II JoK3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
Rage66

x Inflames80 x's Gamercard
Survivalist Difficulty with just 3 Saves.
Rage66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Have munchies and beer on hand and be prepared to not move for a bit. I picked a weekend I had no races, told my buddies to leave me be and hunkered down.

I found DS1 on Hard much harder and had to use the pause screen stasis code constantly. Hardcore in DS2 rewards patience and planning, is stressful but not that actually difficult.

There's a ton of good threads with great tips too. I played this ages ago but DreamDevice has a great tip thread (link) I used at the time and I've seen some newer ones pop up since.

The Hardcore Saves thread (link) is handy too to gauge good spots to use your saves.

The Stupid Deaths thread (link) is worth a chuckle and for advise, stupid things are what kill you and set you back on Hardcore, not the normal conflicts. It was the spinning red laser room, the eye poke, and those stupid wall barnacle spitterbomb things all over the place that killed me.

I saved at 5, 10 and 13 (before the spinning red laser room).

Took my time, honestly can't remember how long it took me. But so worth it. Victory. Is. Sweet.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #7
Importz2k1

SupremeNacho3's Gamercard
Took me a little over 7 hours, and that was being extra cautious.
Importz2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #8
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Last save was 5:42:11, add another 15+ minutes on the end of that and it's roughly 6 hours.

but that's not counting all the unfortunate deaths that set you back!
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
fariseett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage66 View Post
Survivalist Difficulty with just 3 Saves.
Difficulty with just 3
fariseett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage66 View Post
Basically it's just Survivalist Difficulty with a limited amount of Saves (3).
As Mentioned before it's not as Hard as Zealot. It should be your shortest Playtrough... but it can also be very long and very painfull.. :P
One Stupid Mistake can throw you back a few Chapters.... so stay calm and try not to get Nervous, take short Breaks to calm down and continue. Chances are High that you see the Annoying Intro more then Once :/.
Quote:
I Recommend Saving on the following Locations

Save 1:

Chapter 5: Right before the Encounter with the Tripod or Right before Daina and the Tormentor

or

Chapter 6: Right BEFORE the Leaper Room!!! the Savestation is Next to a Dead Soldier with a Repeating Tiedemann Video Message.

If you know for sure you can Beat both Minibosses in Chapter 5 without a Mistake go ahead and Save in Chapter 6.. but don't be Reckless... DO Save BEFORE the Leaper Room.
Quote:
Save 2:

Chapter 10: Explore the Ishimura and Pick up all the Items but before the Encounter with the Brute run back and Save
Yes!! I honestly was worried about this part. The Brute is actually a very easy to beat, however, it is the other Necromorpths that make it frustrating.

Quote:
or

Chapter 11: First or -if your Reckless- last Savestation.

I Reccomend Saving in Chapter 10 but if you can Manage Hordes of Necromorphs without Fear.. go on and Save in Chapter 11.

Save 3:

Chapter 13: At the Start or before the "Laser Room"

Not much more to say.. Chapter 14-15 are very short so dying in chapter 14 or 15 ain't that Bad... as it is at the very Start of the Game, and the Final Boss is Very Easy imo.

For the Eyepoke Machine just get the Needle as Close as Possible to Isaacs Eye and wait for him to Calm down and watch his Eye .. take your Time, learn the Pattern and when you know for Sure it won't Move .. Stick the Needle in his Eye.
Now, I did not use my last save here. I used my third save outside of the 360 degree rotating laser in Chapter 13.
As for the Eye Poking Machine, I was patient and took my time. All I can say is do not rush yourself! I will admit that I did indeed get nervous, but took deep breaths while doing it! It might sound silly, but it kept my anxiety level low.
One other thing I can offer if you as advice is Kinesis is your BEST FRIEND!! Also, I used the Plasma Cutter, and the Force Gun, only. If you have the CE you have it off the bat, but if not Chapter 9 is going to be your best friend as you get it then. In all honesty, I never had a Ammo/Med-Kit problem throughout Hard Core, as if I had spare Med-Kits/Ammo I would drag them(Not joking) to the nearest store to put them in my Vault! Good Luck!!!
x410xDragon is offline   Reply With Quote